Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 115 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sasha Goforth saw an amazing game at Oregon State last night. On top of that, if she got to tour the campus, we had a magical weather day on the OSU campus, one of the most beautiful college campuses. But the game, WOW! Sasha got to see an amazing OSU team firing on all cylinders last night. I have a good feeling about this one.

Reaction Score
Priscilla Williams is very impressive, and 6’2” is really, really good size for a guard. Long and athletic too. The state of Missouri has produced some great prospects over the years. Pheesa, Sophie, and Sug Sutton all ranked highly out of high school. Hayley Frank, Aijha Blackwell, and Rickie Woltman are all top-5 at their positions, and Williams looks to be a top prospect too.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Priscilla Williams is very impressive, and 6’2” is really, really good size for a guard. Long and athletic too. The state of Missouri has produced some great prospects over the years. Pheesa, Sophie, and Sug Sutton all ranked highly out of high school. Hayley Frank, Aijha Blackwell, and Rickie Woltman are all top-5 at their positions, and Williams looks to be a top prospect too.
If ther are only four players better than Woltman at her position then that position is very weak. She was not the best player on her team last season and none of her teammates were near AA status. I've watched her for three years and she has never made All State. Maybe she plays well over the Summer but it has not shown during the season. One of the Treece sisters was ranked in the top fifty and she was not very good. I guess playing for Incarnate Word Academy gets (Napheesa's Alma Mater) has something to do with it. Also, her coach is using her the way he used Napheesa, mostly down low and her teammates have trouble feeding her the ball. I hope she shows more this season because Incarnate is my favorite high school team.

Reaction Score
Vivians was ranked 24th coming out of high school and was big get for him at the time. There wasnt a more talented player than her on the roster. So it was expected for her to be the go to player. She was also a just a volume shooter, but he developed her into a good player.

Jackson is the highest ranked recruit he has ever had, but now he has a national contending program that recruits well, so there’s more talent on the roster. So I don’t necessarily think she will be the go to right away, but I do think she will contribute from day one because he is the best coach not named Geno or Muffet. Talk about doing more with less talent; I have nothing but respect for Vic. I also want to commend him for pulling top talent out of large states to Mississippi. McCowan came from Texas to Mississippi; great coach!
Vic sure did turn Vivians into a real versatile player when versatility didn't look like it was there. It was no secret she was a scorer but her game could easily have not developed each year if she had another coach. Give her credit. Give Vic credit for getting the best from her. You can see from her first year in the W she is not naturally versatile. I don't know about her and K. Mitchell as pros. Too early to tell.

Reaction Score
Yep this is what Gamecocks have been waiting for for the last 4 years. Dawn and staff have been working hard traveling all over the country trying to get commitments to little avail. Last year they came so close on quite a few like CW, ONO, DeCosta and Smith. This year they finally broke through and are getting these far out of region, national recruits.
I am surprised it's taken this long for Dawn to land out of state gems but she sure did hit the motherload this year.

Reaction Score
Ramani Parker was highly thought of at one time, I’m sure she was in the top half of the Hoop Gurlz rankings at one time, and is #29 according to PN, I think she’s better then her listed ranking and should give Louisville a inside presence next year sooner the later.
I hope you are right on Parker. It will be interesting to see which service is right on her. If Parker turns out to be a #99 Walz has a major problem. The only rock solid front line player Walz has EVER recruited is Myisha Hines-Allen and I would include Sara Hammond although she wasn't a #12 talent but did do a nice job. Sam Fuehring #60 was simply terrific last year but is far from the same player without Hines-Allen. Players ranked in the 50's like Dyer , Vails and Walton took forever to help. Dyer was a decent player her final year but that took 5 years. Ciera Johnson #13 didn't fit and transfered. Kylee Shook #18 is 6'5" but not an interior type player. She has a smooth as silk outside shot but has no skill or instincts inside. She can block shots. DeGrate #99 is on Texas Tech and basically a space eater with no mobility.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope you are right on Parker. It will be interesting to see which service is right on her. If Parker turns out to be a #99 Walz has a major problem. The only rock solid front line player Walz has EVER recruited is Myisha Hines-Allen. Sam Fuehring #60 was terrific last year but is not the same player without Hines-Allen next to her. Players ranked in the 50's like Dyer , Vails and Walton took forever to help. Dyer was a decent player her final year but that took 5 years. Ciera Johnson #13 isn't very good and she transfered. Kylee Shook #18 is not an interior type player. she can shoot outside but has no skill or instincts inside. She can block shots. DeGrate #99 is on Texas Tech doing I don't know what.
Asia Taylor was pretty good for them. She played primarily in the interior and was forced to play small forward in the W but didn't work out at all.

Reaction Score
If ther are only four players better than Woltman at her position then that position is very weak. She was not the best player on her team last season and none of her teammates were near AA status. I've watched her for three years and she has never made All State. Maybe she plays well over the Summer but it has not shown during the season. One of the Treece sisters was ranked in the top fifty and she was not very good. I guess playing for Incarnate Word Academy gets (Napheesa's Alma Mater) has something to do with it. Also, her coach is using her the way he used Napheesa, mostly down low and her teammates have trouble feeding her the ball. I hope she shows more this season because Incarnate is my favorite high school team.
ESPN has her ranked the 25th best player in the class and the 4th best forward.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Coach McGraw casting a medium-sized net at 2020 PG position:
- Paige Bueckers and Deja Kelly in attendance at UConn-ND regular season game;
and MM hits the road Monday evening, Dec. 3rd, to see Caitlin Clark in Iowa:

All power to poster at Dowling Catholic HS who got the polls right that day. :rolleyes: ;)

Reaction Score
Oregon State would have 6'9", 6'9", 6'7", 6'6", 6'3", and 6'3" among 2017, 2018, and 2019. Sheeesh

Reaction Score
Oregon State would have 6'9", 6'9", 6'7", 6'6", 6'3", and 6'3" among 2017, 2018, and 2019. Sheeesh

I assume you are referring to recruiting class year, but don't forget ORST also has a 6'8" transfer who plays the post. 6'6" Kennedy Brown (2019) doesn't want to be limited to the post, nor does 6'9" Andrea Aquino (2018). Aquino is redshirting (unknown medical reason) so some folks are uncertain about her long term prospects. Maybe Reuck is compensating for his own height, which I've heard may be only 5'5" :)

Reaction Score
Coach McGraw casting a medium-sized net at 2020 PG position:
- Paige Bueckers and Deja Kelly in attendance at UConn-ND regular season game;
and MM hits the road Monday evening, Dec. 3rd, to see Caitlin Clark in Iowa:

All power to poster at Dowling Catholic HS who got the polls right that day. :rolleyes:;)

UConn should be putting the recruiting press on Clark too...............she's got a bad (in a good way) attitude when she's on the court and is sharp as a tack................

Reaction Score
UCONN should take a look at this one. She is not a 6'9" string bean she has a rather sturdy lower body with some face up skills.

Wish she would give FSU a look, we need size desperately, very guard heavy.

Reaction Score
Sasha Goforth saw an amazing game at Oregon State last night. On top of that, if she got to tour the campus, we had a magical weather day on the OSU campus, one of the most beautiful college campuses. But the game, WOW! Sasha got to see an amazing OSU team firing on all cylinders last night. I have a good feeling about this one.

The Beaver's are apparently in good contention for Goforth (ESPN #21 for 2020). Also, she likes ORST's orange and black uniforms :) P.S. sorry for the big pic of Ms. Goforth, I don't know how to reduce it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger