Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With her dad being a Texas alum you know her parents have had her whole life to sway her to Texas though...

that could be.........I've heard she is very close to her Dad which made me think that she would want to stay closer to home

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I hope she's as good as the last player from Duncanville. That went to Tennessee.
Probably not, but it's rare for a Top 20 kid to not be even halfway good in college.

Reaction Score
Tenn will be loaded with 1's, 2's, & 3's next year and as of now very little size and strength. Tennessee used to be noted for beating up opponents in the paint with waves of height and muscle euphemistically referred to as "rebounding and defense". I'm actually looking forward to Tennessee as a finesse style team.

Reaction Score
Tenn will be loaded with 1's, 2's, & 3's next year and as of now very little size and strength. Tennessee used to be noted for beating up opponents in the paint with waves of height and muscle euphemistically referred to as "rebounding and defense". I'm actually looking forward to Tennessee as a finesse style team.

Holly has a whole new strategy...........it's a five guard offense

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

This is a very interesting commit to me and will likely cause a domino effect. Or the dominos have already been tipped and this is the first to surface. Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
I read the 247 rewrite up on Green it said UT contacted Kansas for permission to talk to Green. Green told the Kansas coaching staff she was decommiting and it sounds like she initiated contact with the Lady Vols staff and they in turn contacted Kansas.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is a very interesting commit to me and will likely cause a domino effect. Or the dominos have already been tipped and this is the first to surface. Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Apparently, FSU still has two scholarships to give. Now who in their right mind would take a 6 or 7 person class... I don’t know, but I feel like Semrau is just crazy enough to consider it.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Apparently, FSU still has two scholarships to give. Now who in their right mind would take a 6 or 7 person class... I don’t know, but I feel like Semrau is just crazy enough to consider it.
If she fills up the roster she won't have room for her annual incoming transfer(s) . . .

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If she fills up the roster she won't have room for her annual incoming transfer(s) . . .

Exactly. But players will start mysteriously “disappearing” of course...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Regardless of the offense (which obviously needs work). The kids still have to develop. 4 of their guards didn't develop enough to help them. They have 2 of them back. Hopefully they show some improvement.
Here's what Hayes HS coach said about her.
“ "Anastasia Hayes is the most explosive guard I've had the privilege to coach. Her court vision is unmatched and her game always elevates when times are the toughest.”
Randy Coffman
Head Coach

Reaction Score
This is a major win for the LVs. I'm sure they would like to get a post player but their recruits look good on paper just like the current freshmen. I look forward to seeing what they have in store for us.

Reaction Score

2018 roster for front court players would be:
6'3 Mimi Collins Fr.
6'4 Kasi Kushkituah So.
6'3 Cheridene Green Sr.
6'3 Kamera Harris Jr.

So, yes, bolstering the frontcourt depth is going to be a necessity. However a 4 guard offense might force Holly to expanding her offensive schemes away from the often archaic approach of only focusing on running an offense through your center.

Green is the only proven college player (albeit in JUCO ball) so I'm hoping to see a lot of growth from now till next season out of Kamera and Kasi.

Word on the street is Tennessee is targeting a few JUCO posts (Gordon and Reaves both have great contacts and experience with the JUCO ranks) and included is a very good 6'5 post at Gulf Coast that is likely going D1 after her first year giving her 3 years at the D1 level.

However, size is still on Tennessee's side with 6'2 Davis, 6'0 Massengill, 6'0 Westbrook and 6'0 Green. Overall length can make up for lack of post height in various ways. Plus, Tennessee is one of the schools in the mix for Eziyoda Magbegor if she ends up going the American college route.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So just to recap the timeline of Zarielle Green's whiplash-inducing about-face.
Oct. 1: Verbally commits to Kansas.
Oct. 19: It's announced that she has decommitted from Kansas.
Oct. 20(?): Takes her official visit to Tennessee.
Oct. 23: Verbally commits to Tennessee.

upload_2017-10-23_22-28-48.jpeg

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good guard play is important to be a top team. With Hayes, Westbrook, Massengill, Green, and Jackson the team will be good at guards. Not only guards who can shoot from outside something that's needed. Who can also penetrate and get to the rim.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder how they are taking this on the Kansas WCBB Message Board

Here is a link to their board.

Recruiting 2018 commits - KUsports.com Message Board

Hope this is not breaking any BY rules. Alot of interesting posts about the recruiting but none on her about face. Some interesting comparisons made between Z. Greens Duncanville HS team and UConn as well as how Geno recruits.

Is Duncanville the UConn of high school girls basketball?
"It's hard to compare, because UConn, they recruit, they get all the best players in the country. They don't have to worry about a lot of the things that we have to worry about as a high school coach," said South Grand Prairie's Samantha Morrow, the only coach in UIL girls basketball history to win four consecutive state titles in the largest classification (accomplished at Mansfield from 1999 to 2002).
High schools have a significantly smaller pool of players to choose from when hosting tryouts. Still, Duncanville and UConn have their similarities.

"What Coach Self-Morgan has been able to do is develop her players to fit into the system that she has," said Catchings, who retired after the 2016 WNBA season. "Geno is able to do the same thing."

Auriemma entered this season with a winning percentage of .877 at UConn -- the best mark in the history of women's college basketball. Self-Morgan has won 88.6 percent of her games at Duncanville, compiling a record of 566-73 at the school to give her a career record of 1,098-208.
Still, Self-Morgan said of UConn: "They're on a whole different level."
She has seen what it takes to be on Auriemma's level, having worked as an assistant for him with a junior national team.
"I got to work the Olympic Trials for 16s, I believe, in Colorado Springs my second year here," said Self-Morgan, who has been Duncanville's coach since 2000. "He's very business-oriented, and he just works so hard and has very high expectations for kids that he doesn't even know real well. He doesn't cut anybody any slack."

Duncanville star Zarielle Green has talked to former UConn All-American Moriah Jefferson, who made the 2016 WNBA all-rookie team for the San Antonio Stars and is playing in Turkey during the WNBA's off-season. Jefferson was home schooled and played for the local Texas Home Educators' Sports Association (THESA), and she is the only Texan to have ever played for Connecticut, according to UConn's athletic communications department.
"She said Geno is a very good coach, and it's just a different vibe down there," said Green, who leads Duncanville in scoring at 17.5 points per game. "They practice so hard, and they win."

UConn will have its second Texan next season, having signed Hurst L.D. Bell star Lexi Gordon. Gordon, who was knocked out of the playoffs by Duncanville as both a freshman and sophomore, said that Connecticut coaches told her to only come to the school "if I wanted to win ... and if I wanted to be pushed to my breaking point and be surrounded by the best people and players in women's college basketball. Don't come if you're not going to work hard, and don't come if you're very weak-minded."

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
has anybody noticed that Syracuse has the ESPN #10 and #11 ranked recruits in the 2018 class..,,,..very impressive...

And a few more international players to join them. And in the Class of 2017, they've got two Parisians, a Latvian and an Aussie. Emily Engstler from NYC will fit in just fine in Fall 2018. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom