Non-Key Tweets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since the other thread was hijacked. Let's get back to West Virginia tweets

From MH ver 3 ...

MH ver 3
90% chance B1G adds 2 after MD/ACC lawsuit settles according to the same guy who tipped me off on RU/MD

MH ver 3
Has to be a school from either B12 or ACC because he told me they were going to "test that GOR that we created"

Alex‏@AlexSpirer 26m
@MH ver 3 one from those two conferences in addition to UCONN?

MH ver 3
@AlexSpirer that would be my guess

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mhver knows his audience. No one outside of fans of UConn and Cincinnati, who desperately want a soft landing, and fans of WVU, who desperately want a travel partner, care about CR anymore.

HFD is Obi Wan Kenobi to Fishy's Darth Vader. Fishy may have struck him down, but now HFD has become more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3 3h
Heres an interesting one: An executive from AT&T Stadium will be in attendance at the upcoming meeting of the B12 MEMBERSHIP committee

MH3‏@MH3 3h
and it will be more than 8 teams being looked at. Each member of the committee is to present info on 2 schools each

MH3‏@MH3 3h
Colorado St and SDSU are now two more names to add that I have heard bandied about.

Reaction Score
Were we not previously hearing how some B12 schools are already sick of traveling to WVU? Really makes one wonder how seriously they're considering these schools like UCF, USF and now SDSU. And what does CSU have to offer besides very recent success? Recruiting? Markets?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
er knows his audience. No one outside of fans of UConn and Cincinnati, who desperately want a soft landing, and fans of WVU, who desperately want a travel partner, care about CR anymore.

HFD is Obi Wan Kenobi to Fishy's Darth Vader. Fishy may have struck him down, but now HFD has become more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

I nearly spit my breakfast out.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
er knows his audience. No one outside of fans of UConn and Cincinnati, who desperately want a soft landing, and fans of WVU, who desperately want a travel partner, care about CR anymore.

Post of the Year candidate right here. Bonus points awarded for tying CR and Star Wars together so accurately.

Reaction Score
Post of the Year candidate right here. Bonus points awarded for tying CR and Star Wars together so accurately.
Except we seem to draw fans from all fan bases to this board, much to our chagrin. To some extent, folks of other teams are still intrigued by this stuff, but maybe, their just trolling us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Except we seem to draw fans from all fan bases to this board, much to our chagrin. To some extent, folks of other teams are still intrigued by this stuff, but maybe, their just trolling us.
Conference realignment is popular with other schools' fans because it allows them to brag about their athletic programs for something other than actual results in contests. Rutgers and Pitt have one NCAA championship between them in all sports, yet they have beaten us in conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment is popular with other schools' fans because it allows them to brag about their athletic programs for something other than actual results in contests. Rutgers and Pitt have one NCAA championship between them in all sports, yet they have beaten us in conference realignment.
You are right. Many come over here to tell us "we bring nothing to the table". National Championships equal nothing I guess, when athtletically you accomplish nothing of significance, but hey they're school are in P5 conferences and were not so there is that.

Reaction Score
You are right. Many come over here to tell us "we bring nothing to the table". National Championships equal nothing I guess, when athtletically you accomplish nothing of significance, but hey they're school are in P5 conferences and were not so there is that.
For now. Think how sweet redemption will feel when we get invited to the Big10. At that point, we can sit back and watch the Syracuse and Pitt boards implode because they will now die a slow death.

Reaction Score
We've had some crappy visitors, but I think some have been just fine. I thought one or two of the ND fans made the board pretty insufferable (Meatchicken?!?) for a bit, and some of the B1G v. ACC stuff made otherwise solid contributors insufferable for a while (thinking Stimpy), but I've generally liked the fact that we get other POV. But largely our B1G and ACC guests have been just fine in my book, even when they're saying things I don't want to hear.

We used to get a lot more of that on the main board than we do now, and I always welcomed opposing perspectives.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
For now. Think how sweet redemption will feel when we get invited to the Big10. At that point, we can sit back and watch the Syracuse and Pitt boards implode because they will now die a slow death.

I think we need to not jump the gun here and invite the disdain of others… Manuel and Herbst are playing this right, close to the chest and gracious at every turn. Nothing mean to say to anyone. As I tell my son every day… act like you have been there before, otherwise you look foolish in the eyes of those who really matter in life.

Reaction Score
I think we need to not jump the gun here and invite the disdain of others… Manuel and Herbst are playing this right, close to the chest and gracious at every turn. Nothing mean to say to anyone. As I tell my son every day… act like you have been there before, otherwise you look foolish in the eyes of those who really matter in life.
Who is saying anything mean? Sometimes the truth hurts. I hope you tell your son that as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Since the other thread was hijacked. Let's get back to West Virginia tweets

The other thread should be shut down. We should not have to dig through pages of garbage to find one garbage tweet from our Big 12 friends.

Explain to me how this Non-key Tweet thread is any different than the original?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Who is saying anything mean? Sometimes the truth hurts. I hope you tell your son that as well.

I was responding to the post calling for Pitts and Syracuse's slow death. They are going to be fine and will have plenty of money in the ACC, though they will always be middle of the road in regards to athletics since they don't have the current history and kids will no longer remember their glory days though Pitt hasn't had theres since the early 80's. In the ACC they can win but never consistently. They will never have the upside that we do in regards to academics and athletics which should make us more attractive long term.

I also never used the word "mean" but okay let me explain this some more…. the truth is we are no closer to being in the P5 or possible P4 then we were when Louisville got the invite instead of us outside of some random bloggers who throw everything against the wall hoping that something sticks. We already have people calling our invite to the B1G just around the corner. This speculation makes us look desperate and pathetic. We are above that, I would hope.

The "truth" is we are better, but as a fan base lets act more like the B1G which we so clearly wish to be part of, and not like the cheating backstabbing ACC that we have all experienced.

Reaction Score
I was responding to the post calling for Pitts and Syracuse's slow death. They are going to be fine and will have plenty of money in the ACC, though they will always be middle of the road in regards to athletics since they don't have the current history and kids will no longer remember their glory days though Pitt hasn't had theres since the early 80's. In the ACC they can win but never consistently. They will never have the upside that we do in regards to academics and athletics which should make us more attractive long term.

I also never used the word "mean" but okay let me explain this some more…. the truth is we are no closer to being in the P5 or possible P4 then we were when Louisville got the invite instead of us outside of some random bloggers who throw everything against the wall hoping that something sticks. We already have people calling our invite to the B1G just around the corner. This speculation makes us look desperate and pathetic. We are above that, I would hope.

The "truth" is we are better, but as a fan base lets act more like the B1G which we so clearly wish to be part of, and not like the cheating backstabbing ACC that we have all experienced.
Really dude? Call me crazy, but I will find great joy in the fact that if UConn joins the Big10, Syracuse will become the next BC.......athletically irrelevant! That's the truth. And for Pitt, they are already there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you need it explained, you'll never understand.
Oh, spare me the righteous indignation...
Did you forget that You said it yourself that nothing that was posted here couldn't have been posted on the other thread?

This thread is an abomination. Nothing here couldn't be posted on the epic original thread. I would like to see a moderator combine this with original. And a few days on the beach for the OP.

Reaction Score
Oh, spare me the righteous indignation...
Did you forget that You said it yourself that nothing that was posted here couldn't have been posted on the other thread?
I think that is just his dry humor man. I'm a fan of it. His posts make me chuckle in that they come off douchy but are really sheet you'd hear at the office when busting stones.

Reaction Score
I think that is just his dry humor man. I'm a fan of it. His posts make me chuckle in that they come off douchy but are really sheet you'd hear at the office when busting stones.
Exactly. It was sarcasm.

Reaction Score

We may disagree on just about everything, but that was brilliant . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom