Non-Key Tweets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An eye roll is then warranted. :rolleyes:

Excuse me if I took it wrong, but Waquoit and I got into a spirited debate last week.
Well, the juxtaposition between his previous statements and that means either: 1) he doesn't believe anything and is just trying to needle you in particular or 2) he's being ironic. I know it's difficult to pick up irony on a message board, but I always give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume they ultimately don't give a fv¢k about me.

Reaction Score
No timeframe, just makes the absolute most sense to lock up NYC and DC. The B1G would add a basketball power in UCONN and in UVA they get another top flight school while simultaneously destabilizing the ACC.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
UCONN and UVA. Book it.

I really want to believe that, but that makes too much sense. UVA, Maryland, Rutgers, PSU, UConn locking down VA, MD, DC, Phili/PA, NJ, NYC and CT woild be incredible from a TV standpoint.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well, the juxtaposition between his previous statements and that means either: 1) he doesn't believe anything and is just trying to needle you in particular or 2) he's being ironic. I know it's difficult to pick up irony on a message board, but I always give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume they ultimately don't give a fv¢k about me.
There is no "Indispensable Man." Rule # 525,641(B) to live by. Thanks, Andrew. I can always count on you. ;)

Reaction Score
The east would be RU, UCONN, PSU, UMD, UVA, OSU, UM, and MSU.

It'd be murderers row in just about every sport but if THAT couldn't get the northeast to care about college sports than nothing could.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoy our visitors. The only ones that irk me have been that fool okielite and the ND fan who uses cutesy childish nicknames for everything. I think a different perspective is good and most of them come here because they are in our corner to escape the AAC death sentence.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No problem at all, 25. I just can't do emoticons, if that leads to the occaisional misunderstanding dem's the breaks. I think one-liners are funnier when done with a straight face.
We're good, Waq...

Reaction Score
Were we not previously hearing how some B12 schools are already sick of traveling to WVU? Really makes one wonder how seriously they're considering these schools like UCF, USF and now SDSU. And what does CSU have to offer besides very recent success? Recruiting? Markets?
marijuana is legal in Colorado. beyond that?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
No problem at all, 25. I just can't do emoticons, if that leads to the occaisional misunderstanding dem's the breaks. I think one-liners are funnier when done with a straight face.

Dry humor is the best humor.

Reaction Score
We can't keep listening to ADs, they don't know. If we are going to the B1G, only the presidents and Delany know it. President Herbst might not know, because she doesn't need to at this point. Delany knows she'd accept. Any leak that UConn to the B10 is imminent will create an emergency meeting of ACC presidents to approve an invite. If we get invited anywhere, it will be a surprise.

Reaction Score
MH 3 ‏@MH 3 1h
But what happens when B12 stops getting P5 OOC games and those matter the most? Expansion is imminent.

He may have hit on something here. With all the Out Of Conference against In Conference teams talk online today, what does a 10 team 9 game round robin conference do for Strength of Schedule games when the other P5’s don’t need to play you? Expansion by 4 would help us nicely, by 2 and we aren’t one of them, a total disaster.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the cluelessness of some of our "fans" is just incredible. Beyond belief really.

OK, I have one that might be just as dumb. What if we could get NDs deal in the ACC? ACC in all sports like ND except FB. Assuming ACC won't add us for FB until ND joins (if ever), they agree to give us at least 5 FB games to help with our scheduling. This gives ACC (1) an even number of hoops/Olympic teams, (2) the best basketball school in the nation and (3) puts us on hold to block B1G expansion until ND (or another #15) joins in FB. I doubt we could get the same bowl package as ND so we would have to sacrifice some bowl access while we wait or make our own deals.

Be kind.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Honestly, the cluelessness of some of our "fans" is just incredible. Beyond belief really.

Agreed. The inability of fans to see that $5MM a year is a bigger number than $2MM a year blows my mind.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
MH 3 ‏@MH 3 1h
But what happens when B12 stops getting P5 OOC games and those matter the most? Expansion is imminent.

He may have hit on something here. With all the Out Of Conference against In Conference teams talk online today, what does a 10 team 9 game round robin conference do for Strength of Schedule games when the other P5’s don’t need to play you? Expansion by 4 would help us nicely, by 2 and we aren’t one of them, a total disaster.

The only way computer models will be able to determine which leagues are the best, and therefore which leagues provide their teams with the best SOS, is for league teams to beat teams from other leagues in OOC games. That is why the ACC and SEC didn't go to a 9 game schedule.

Reaction Score
We should have a poll question posted: Which idea is more bat- crazy- 1) Expanding the Rent when there is no demand 2) Going independent in Football

Reaction Score
We should have a poll question posted: Which idea is more bat- crazy- 1) Expanding the Rent when there is no demand 2) Going independent in Football

Totally Different In That Expanding The Rent Shows Your Trying In Football. Going Independent To Me Shows Your Ready To Bail On Football, Unless Fox Throws Us A Sweetheart Deal In Football.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh for the love of God, not this again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Point6 said:
OK, I have one that might be just as dumb. What if we could get NDs deal in the ACC? ACC in all sports like ND except FB. Assuming ACC won't add us for FB until ND joins (if ever), they agree to give us at least 5 FB games to help with our scheduling. This gives ACC (1) an even number of hoops/Olympic teams, (2) the best basketball school in the nation and (3) puts us on hold to block B1G expansion until ND (or another #15) joins in FB. I doubt we could get the same bowl package as ND so we would have to sacrifice some bowl access while we wait or make our own deals.

Be kind.

Question: How many P5 teams would be willing to play a game against ND in November? How about away games?

Answer: Nearly all of them

Now substitute UConn for ND.

Answer: Almost none.

This is why Uconn can't go independent in FB as we'd be playing a less than AAC quality schedule.

Reaction Score
Swafford said in the past few days that they were still considering whether BYU and/or Army as independents would be considered P5 for purposes of the P5 scheduling requirement that will apply to ACC teams. I assume games vs. AAC will not be counted towards the P5. UND is already counted as one of the P65. Just saying, there may be arrangements to be made that keep us in the top echelon if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom