Non-Key Tweets | Page 1040 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not remotely comparable - Memphis was moving all sports, we’re talking fb only.
We're talking about college football playoff money. That's like being a basketball only but agreeing not to get any NCAA credits. It makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
We're talking about college football playoff money. That's like being a basketball only but agreeing not to get any NCAA credits. It makes zero sense.
UConn is getting like 300k CFP money and 500k from CBS sports TV contract. Its not a high bar to clear for this to make sense financially for UConn as a FB only.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
UConn is getting like 300k CFP money and 500k from CBS sports TV contract. Its not a high bar to clear for this to make sense financially for UConn as a FB only.
For right now, it’s about:

1) playing for a conference championship with decent teams (better than AAC, Conf USA, Sunbelt, MWC leftovers or MAC teams)
2) stability in scheduling
3) guaranteed bowl access
4) and at least the perceived access to the college football playoff

As long as we’re clearing the travel expenses for four conf road games a year and netting $1million+ on the TV money, it’s a no brainer for UConn to go football-only to PAC 12.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what point is - what Memphis got for moving everything is not a comparison to what we’d ask for fb only. What am I missing

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what point is - what Memphis got for moving everything is not a comparison to what we’d ask for fb only. What am I missing
Just that as people continue to turn down the PAC 2 the remaining candidates have more leverage. If this were a P4 bid, I would shut up and take whatever we were given. It's not, we can negotiate.

Reaction Score
After today, anyone else thinking SEC or B1G?
Maybe eventually. For B10, we need AAU membership, too. If we can get into ACC or B12 first, we could rise in the rankings as we play competitive teams,

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score

For his video that he posted the other day, a viewer on YouTube wrote (regarding the ongoing UConn & Big 12 dance):

"If Kansas supports it. Eventually, all the Texas schools will support it. If the Kansas schools and the Arizona schools support it. The Texas schools will definitely support it. Everyone wants an Eastern school for WVU."

I would think Kansas would already be on board with UConn joining. I spent some time yesterday looking at Houston's, Baylor's, and TCU's boards to get a feel of their fanbase. Most are against UConn (no surprise), and several had no clue about our facilities (then later admitted we have better digs than theirs), but some gave us some due benefit while also saying that their own fanbase (this would be Houston) shouldn't get cocky as it's not like they are much better than us.

Reaction Score
WVU is reasonably close to Cincy and is thus less of a geographic outlier in the B12 than UCF. Thus, USF (large enrollment, AAU status, new on-campus stadium in the works, natural rivalry with UCF, and favorable recruiting territory) might be a more logical B12 expansion candidate. Eastern additions of UConn, Syracuse, and Pitt make abundant sense if/when the ACC implodes.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Oh look who came back telling us that the Big 12 is better off looking at another school, this time with a mention about AAU status. As if being in the AAU has any bearing on Big 12 membership. Let's see, there are ASU (2023), Arizona (1985), Colorado (1966), Kansas (1909), & Utah (2019)...5 out of 16 schools. Fancy yourself a highly prestigious conference do you? The ACC, much as I malign them, has 8+ AAU schools (Cal, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, NC, Pitt, Stanford, Virginia, and Notre Dame). Let's compare football records. From 2000 to 2023 USF averaged 6 wins and 6 losses vs. UConn's 5 wins and 7 losses. Let's go more recent and just look at the past 5 years, USF and 3W & 9L vs. UConn at 3W & 10L (I omitted the sit-out year and went back 6 years). So what is he advocating then, a team that has essentially the SAME record in football and ZERO basketball championships. Wow, such a stellar recommendation, Yormark should definitely take your call.

Reaction Score
Oh look who came back telling us that the Big 12 is better off looking at another school, this time with a mention about AAU status. As if being in the AAU has any bearing on Big 12 membership. Let's see, there are ASU (2023), Arizona (1985), Colorado (1966), Kansas (1909), & Utah (2019)...5 out of 16 schools. Fancy yourself a highly prestigious conference do you? The ACC, much as I malign them, has 8+ AAU schools (Cal, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, NC, Pitt, Stanford, Virginia, and Notre Dame). Let's compare football records. From 2000 to 2023 USF averaged 6 wins and 6 losses vs. UConn's 5 wins and 7 losses. Let's go more recent and just look at the past 5 years, USF and 3W & 9L vs. UConn at 3W & 10L (I omitted the sit-out year and went back 6 years). So what is he advocating then, a team that has essentially the SAME record in football and ZERO basketball championships. Wow, such a stellar recommendation, Yormark should definitely take your call.
Everything in context, my friend. The statement to which I replied posited that UConn would be a good addition to the B12 because WVU needs eastern company. I contend that, if WVU indeed needs company because it's perceived as a geographic outlier, then UCF needs company more because it's even more isolated geographically with respect to the rest of the conference. USF, regardless of its athletic prowess, would be a sensible B12 addition to address that need. As the crow flies, Tampa is less than 100 miles from Orlando, and Storrs is about 400 miles from Morgantown. If concerns about geographic isolation were a motive for expanding the B12, and I'm not sure they are, then UCF would have the more pressing need. Beyond geography, the other metrics I mentioned are frosting on the cake (I hasten to add that UConn's basketball prowess is frosting too). If you can't see the logic in that assessment, then heaven help you.

I doubt that Yormark would take calls from either of us, but when he considers the recommendations of others, I bet he's swayed more by logic and credibility than by fan-boy emotion. As always, logos, ethos, pathos -- in that order.

Reaction Score
Has flugs become reputable? I always thought he just threw shizz and saw what stuck.
He’s always had real info. He’s been pretty accurate over the years. He definitely misses sometimes but his track record is solid. Sometimes schools don’t get the votes or other schools become available and things change. For the most part, I consider him worth listening to.

Reaction Score
Everything in context, my friend. The statement to which I replied posited that UConn would be a good addition to the B12 because WVU needs eastern company. I contend that, if WVU indeed needs company because it's perceived as a geographic outlier, then UCF needs company more because it's even more isolated geographically with respect to the rest of the conference. USF, regardless of its athletic prowess, would be a sensible B12 addition to address that need. As the crow flies, Tampa is less than 100 miles from Orlando, and Storrs is about 400 miles from Morgantown. If concerns about geographic isolation were a motive for expanding the B12, and I'm not sure they are, then UCF would have the more pressing need. Beyond geography, the other metrics I mentioned are frosting on the cake (I hasten to add that UConn's basketball prowess is frosting too). If you can't see the logic in that assessment, then heaven help you.

I doubt that Yormark would take calls from either of us, but when he considers the recommendations of others, I bet he's swayed more by logic and credibility than by fan-boy emotion. As always, logos, ethos, pathos -- in that order.

USF adds nothing to the Big 12 that they don’t already have.

Reaction Score

And IIRC didn’t USF oppose UCF’s joining the Big East whenever it came up?

It's quite amusing that Hank the troll think UCF and USF want to do eachother favors.

Reaction Score
It's quite amusing that Hank the troll think UCF and USF want to do eachother favors.
Not as amusing as the fact that UConn, like USF, is still on the outside looking in. You'd be more persuasive if you could make a cogent counterargument, but as usual, ad hominem attacks are your first and only line of defense.

Reaction Score
Not as amusing as the fact that UConn, like USF, is still on the outside looking in. You'd be more persuasive if you could make a cogent counterargument, but as usual, ad hominem attacks are your first and only line of defense.

Pointing out that your argument has no basis in reality is counter argument enough.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We turned down the P12 offer because we have other plans afoot. If in two years we don't finally consummate those plans for either the B12 or ACC, then perhaps we would circle back to the P12 about some sort of deal for football only. But even then, in the late 2020s, I see us holding in this current set up to see what happens with 2030 CRA movement.

In the early 2030s I think it would be advantageous for the ACC and B12 to trade a couple schools, both have concentration (Texas for the B12 / Carolina for the ACC) issues that do not reward them from a media standpoint. Trade one of VT/Wake/Duke/NC State for one of TCU/Baylor/Houston. The B12 might be able to "trade" Utah as well. Will that happen? Probably not....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We turned down the P12 offer because we have other plans afoot. If in two years we didn't finally consummate those plans for either the B12 or ACC, then perhaps we would circle back to the P12 about some sort of deal for football only. But even then, in the late 2020s, I see us holding in this current set up to see what happens with 2030 CRA movement.
Totally agree. The State of CT can float us along year to year as they've been doing. There doesn't appear to be any strong reason to jump into the PAC/quasi Mountain West. Wait it out until we get into the Big12 or ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom