Non-Key Tweets | Page 977 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Why did not they just change the name from CFP. To the SEC/BIG10. Tournament

It has been that for a few decades...in the last 30 years, only FSU and Clemson (and Miami in 2001) have been the only not now Big Ten or SEC teams to win a NC.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame is on the clock. Under the new agreement only conference teams can get a bye week in the playoffs and I believe that the wording suggests that conferences will get guaranteed multiple teams under certain stipulations.

The SEC and B1G will most likely get multiple bids for 12 slots so they can get more money per team in the playoffs.

Guessing 3 to 4 teams each for the power 2, which only leaves a few more conference spots and the Norte Dame to pick up scraps.

ND to the B1G is my guess.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is on the clock. Under the new agreement only conference teams can get a bye week in the playoffs and I believe that the wording suggests that conferences will get guaranteed multiple teams under certain stipulations.

The SEC and B1G will most likely get multiple bids for 12 slots so they can get more money per team in the playoffs.

Guessing 3 to 4 teams each for the power 2, which only leaves a few more conference spots and the Norte Dame to pick up scraps.

ND negotiated this agreement, they are fine being an at large.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have to risk playing a highly ranked team in a conference championship game which could knock them out of the playoffs. Now, they get to end their season as always on the West Coast and then can recruit for several weeks while prepping to host a playoff game in their stadium. There's a good chance that a southern team will have to travel to Notre Dame Stadium in late December to play in a playoff game. Then there's the recruiting advantages of hosting a playoff game in your stadium. At seven at-large bids it should work in their favor.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have to risk playing a highly ranked team in a conference championship game which could knock them out of the playoffs. Now, they get to end their season as always on the West Coast and then can recruit for several weeks while prepping to host a playoff game in their stadium. There's a good chance that a southern team will have to travel to Notre Dame Stadium in late December to play in a playoff game. Then there's the recruiting advantages of hosting a playoff game in your stadium. At seven at-large bids it should work in their favor.

That's not the point.

The point is, is that the B1G and SEC are trying to get as many of their conference teams to get the remaining spots in the CFP. Those spots are worth millions more to each conference with whatever spots left to the other conference and Notre Dame.

None of this is good for Notre Dame. None of it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Do you have a link for the bolded statement you made?

Reaction Score
Do you have a link for the bolded statement you made?

It's not yet final, but both conference are working hard to make sure going forward they will get more teams in. For the next two playoffs, everything is set, but there's still negotiations going on for 2026 and beyond.

It's all open ended right now.

It also would mean that if UConn wants to continue playing D1 football it has to join a program as well. Independent football status is going away.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not yet final, but both conference are working hard to make sure going forward they will get more teams in. For the next two playoffs, everything is set, but there's still negotiations going on for 2026 and beyond.

It's all open ended right now.

It also would mean that if UConn wants to continue playing D1 football it has to join a program as well. Independent football status is going away.

Not sure how the bowl lower bowl games will impact Independents.

Reaction Score
Not sure how the bowl lower bowl games will impact Independents.

Considering the only two true independents left hardly ever get bowl eligible I doubt they are putting any thought into it.

Reaction Score
How is independent status going away?

I don't think it will, but I think it's becoming harder to remain independent.

It seems as though conference affiliation even at the bottom end will lead to more money

Reaction Score
I remember Lambert from his Dude of West Virginia days....he kind of helped sprout the realignment cottage industry back in 2012 (The Dude abides. Truth seeker, philosopher, sPitt hater, and Mountaineer fan.

Some of his tweets didn't pan out in 2012 (FSU ro the Big 12)

or 2019...

I have documents in hand detailing the commitment of both UT and OU to the Big 12 and their agreeing to extend the GoR. 9. The resignation of Gallogly at OU has been the only issue causing a delay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom