Non-Key Tweets | Page 977 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Has that guy been high profile lying for so long that he gathered actual sources or is he still just making everything up?
He make up. He makes conference realignment sound so exciting, like these guys are mobsters etc.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur didn't make anything up. He was referring to the fact that the ACC implicitly offered to settle with Florida State in one of its motions.
The ACC said in a filing that Florida State could attempt to repurchase their TV rights. A price was not specified, but indicates a willing to settle (per Flugaur). It had not been raised previously in the lawsuit.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur didn't make anything up. He was referring to the fact that the ACC implicitly offered to settle with Florida State in one of its motions.
The ACC said in a filing that Florida State could attempt to repurchase their TV rights. A price was not specified, but indicates a willing to settle (per Flugaur). It had not been raised previously in the lawsuit.
It isn't like that option was never available. The only people who claimed that there wasn't the possibility of buying out of the obligation were random message board posters. The issue is (always was) what the cost would be.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder if that may have been specific positioning to avoid equitable relief. Generally, if money damages aren't sufficient to reward an injured party a court can order specific action. Though I didn't read the filing, I suspect that the ACC is saying that they are not trying to keep FSU in the conference against their will, rather FSU has given up their broadcast rights and will need to buy them back in order to leave. I don't know if that is blinking as much as positioning the controversy in a manner that is likely to be favorable to them.

Reaction Score
While I think there will eventually be a settlement, this clause itself is not indicating that. One figure I saw was $572 million, which is an estimate of the media rights for the next 12 years, plus the exit fee. So the ACC is saying if Florida St. is willing to pay that amount, they will host a farewell party for them. It’s a lot of money, of course, and I don’t think the ACC wants to be stuck with Florida St. for twelve more years, they will settle. Also, regarding damages, if all of the schools and the ACC get paid the same amount whether Florida St. is in or out, there doesn’t appear to be any damages.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting...The conference moving from the position that the GOR as being hard and fast to the GOR being negotiable...

Well, we all know that it is all maneuvering around a negotiation.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Contracts are never not negotiable. Negotiation might end with a quick “kick rocks” but there’s a price for everything if both sides agree.

CL82

Reaction Score
I wonder if that may have been specific positioning to avoid equitable relief. Generally, if money damages aren't sufficient to reward an injured party a court can order specific action. Though I didn't read the filing, I suspect that the ACC is saying that they are not trying to keep FSU in the conference against their will, rather FSU has given up their broadcast rights and will need to buy them back in order to leave. I don't know if that is blinking as much as positioning the controversy in a manner that is likely to be favorable to them.
IMG_1675.jpeg

Yep, it's positioning. They appear to be looking to undercut FSU's "unenforceable penalty" argument as well.

Reaction Score

LOL wrong ... SEC and B10 have mentioned big12 zero times and have included them in their meetings and mergers zero times. B12 is not part of the discussion they are ripe for the picking too. Yormark clearly knows this which is why he was trying to emphasize Bball ... Big12 Presidents think they matter more than they do football wise. Adding ASU and Arizona moved the needle zero football wise ...Tick Tock.

Reaction Score
LOL wrong ... SEC and B10 have mentioned big12 zero times and have included them in their meetings and mergers zero times. B12 is not part of the discussion they are ripe for the picking too. Yormark clearly knows this which is why he was trying to emphasize Bball ... Big12 Presidents think they matter more than they do football wise. Adding ASU and Arizona moved the needle zero football wise ...Tick Tock.
Exactly. No chance SEC/Big10 shares a piece of the pie with an immensely inferior “counterpart”

CL82

Reaction Score
Exactly. No chance SEC/Big10 shares a piece of the pie with an immensely inferior “counterpart”
Oh, I could see them sharing a piece, just not a meaningful piece. For example I could see ready a basketball tournament with more than just P2 members invited. Invitees would receive a share of the profit, not anything approaching an equal share mind you, but more than getting through the NCAA.

CL82

Reaction Score

I don't know, getting a half billion dollars from FSU seems like it might help to stabilize the ACC. Everyone who's not foolish enough to replicate FSU mistake gets a nice annuity.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know, getting a half billion dollars from FSU seems like it might help to stabilize the ACC. Everyone who's not foolish enough to replicate FSU mistake gets a nice annuity.

It won't be anywhere near 1/2 a bill.

It will be the largest buyout ever but it will end up somewhere around $100m. And then 3-5 other schools will quickly follow suit.

Reaction Score
Things we did not know too long ago.

...that ESPN had the option to not continue the ACC contract beyond 2026.

...FSU is doing its level best to make ESPN think about non renewal under current rates. Convincing ESPN that FSU is leaving, hang the cost, gives a look at a conference that might be devalued. Especially if there is coat tail rider...or two.

CL82

Reaction Score
It won't be anywhere near 1/2 a bill.

It will be the largest buyout ever but it will end up somewhere around $100m. And then 3-5 other schools will quickly follow suit.
None of which involved the buyback of a GOR.

The exit fee is three times the operating budget so that's 130 million right there. FSU Current estimate of that plus the GOR Is that 572 million dollars.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members