Non-Key Tweets | Page 973 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't know. No one has ever turned me down. Of course, I had very low standards. Alas, I wouldn't call the SEC or B1G, but the Big 12 is doable, in my opinion. UConn needs a great salesman.
Does anyone else feel like there has been at least one TRO in buddies life at one point in time?

Reaction Score
Does anyone else feel like there has been at least one TRO in buddies life at one point in time?
I don't know what your profession is, but that is quite an incitefuI deduction. I did have one, but so did the opposing party! I still won. They moved shortly thereafter. My point is persistence is required. Time for UConn to stop monitoring and get moving.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know what your profession is, but that is quite an incitefuI deduction. I did have one, but so did the opposing party! I still won. They moved shortly thereafter. My point is persistence is required. Time for UConn to stop monitoring and get moving.
TRO??

CL82

Reaction Score
The Big Bang Theory Sheldon GIF by LittleOmig

Reaction Score
OMG...this realignment cottage industry tweets exact opposite tales...makes sure of clicks...and none know anything concrete..

For every..."ACC is stuck"...there is a :

Reaction Score
OMG...this realignment cottage industry tweets exact opposite tales...makes sure of clicks...and none know anything concrete..

For every..."ACC is stuck"...there is a :

I could be wrong, but FSU is not AAU, is the unofficial requirement being waived?

CL82

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but FSU is not AAU, is the unofficial requirement being waived?
FSU became AAU over the summer.

Reaction Score
FSU became AAU over the summer.
USF and Miami joined the AAU over the summer. FSU was snubbed.

Huge academic mismatch there, but not sure that matters anymore.
I'm not so sure either. Geography doesn't matter. FSU is still a top ranked public U and ranked higher than some AAU and B1G members.

Reaction Score

FSU does not have a research or teaching hospital but does have a med school on campus and a residency with Tallahassee Memorial.....total research money now...$328.6 million

USNWR academic rank is higher than Michigan State, Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Iowa, Oregon

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FSU's President...

During the address, McCullough outlined the nine goals he presented to the Board of Trustees earlier this month, which include rising in the national rankings, investing in student success and expanding the university’s research enterprise.

He reaffirmed the university’s overarching goal to achieve recognition as one of the nation’s Top 15 public universities and make progress toward membership in the Association of American Universities (AAU). In September, U.S. News & World Report again ranked FSU No. 19 on its list of the top public universities, and McCullough said he is confident that the university will continue to rise.

Another major goal is to expand the university’s research enterprise. McCullough pointed to the new FSU Health initiative, which will create opportunities to attract significant National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding and increase the university’s research portfolio exponentially.

Last spring, the Florida Legislature appropriated $125 million to build a new academic health center in Tallahassee. The project promises to transform health care delivery, education, and biomedical research in the region and make Tallahassee a health care destination. The vision for FSU Health extends to Panama City and throughout the booming Panhandle region.

CL82

Reaction Score
USF and Miami joined the AAU over the summer. FSU was snubbed
You are right. I "misremembered" it the other way around.

Reaction Score
I can't remember, but doesn't the GOR only apply to home games. If that's the case, can't FSU just play a few BIG games in Jacksonville or Tampa (ie play OSU/Mich/Penn St/USC/ ect) and consider it a neutral site for a conference game. Then the BIG gets to keep the TV revenue from the game. Then when FSU plays Indiana or Rutgers, just let them play it in Tallahassee. Seems like an easy loophole, so I'm probably wrong.

CL82

Reaction Score
I can't remember, but doesn't the GOR only apply to home games. If that's the case, can't FSU just play a few BIG games in Jacksonville or Tampa (ie play OSU/Mich/Penn St/USC/ ect) and consider it a neutral site for a conference game. Then the BIG gets to keep the TV revenue from the game. Then when FSU plays Indiana or Rutgers, just let them play it in Tallahassee. Seems like an easy loophole, so I'm probably wrong.
I actually think that works. You would just have to weigh the benefit of doing that versus the lost gate, concessions, and parking etc.

Reaction Score
The GOR assigns the media rights to the ACC for the sole purpose of the conference being able to meet its obligations under the contract with ESPN....

ESPN is the key...they would have to change the contract obligations of the ACC....Why would they do that ?

Only reason I can think of is that they would have to profit by FSU playing elswhere.

Reaction Score
There is no AAU requirement, unofficial or otherwise. There never was. Notre Dame could burn down its academic buildings and the BiG would still take them in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom