Non-Key Tweets | Page 926 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

Reaction Score
If BY doesn’t get “what he wants” in UConn because of Utah……that means he never wanted UConn. Bamboozled
HEADDESK

UConn was always the play to avoid an odd number of schools. Why does anybody here not understand that?

Reaction Score
HEADDESK

UConn was always the play to avoid an odd number of schools. Why does anybody here not understand that?
You just said a bunch of fancy words for “he didn’t really want UConn”. You’re not the smartest guy in the room here. You’re stating the obvious

Reaction Score
Umm doesn’t UConn/USF qualify

BCS = P5
The BCS involved 6 conferences. Once the BE died, it became the P5. No one from the ACC, BIG, SEC, Pac, or the Big XII have yet been relegated. That looks to be changing.

Reaction Score
If the big 12 announces UConn right now, you’ll see the hold outs in the PAC scurrying like little rats for that final spot to the big 12. I still am very optimistic we’re joining.

Reaction Score
If the big 12 announces UConn right now, you’ll see the hold outs in the PAC scurrying like little rats for that final spot to the big 12. I still am very optimistic we’re joining.
I think I agree with the others, the ADs would much rather Utah than us. Lets face it, nobody understands UConn and the 2011 backstab plus 3 bad coaches put us in a bind. If this were National Champions AND 7-5 football I dont think this plays out like this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think I agree with the others, the ADs would much rather Utah than us. Lets face it, nobody understands UConn and the 2011 backstab plus 3 bad coaches put us in a bind. If this were National Champions AND 7-5 football I dont think this plays out like this.

This decision had NOTHING to do with the on-the-field product. We lost out to the second schools from Arizona and Utah, and neither athletic program has exactly bathed itself in glory. Colorado's is a full blown dumpster fire. It was just not in the cards for us this time around.

UConn's problem is that the two major conferences that make sense for UConn A) have an impossibly high hurdle to get in (the Big 10) and B) have a school black-balling us (BCU in the ACC). Sometimes it just does not work out and there is nothing that anyone can do.

The one other thing I think UConn should do is to approach the SEC. I don't really have a pitch worked out, but if the SEC wanted to shake the ACC's cage, adding UConn would be a way to do it.

Reaction Score
This decision had NOTHING to do with the on-the-field product. We lost out to the second schools from Arizona and Utah, and neither athletic program has exactly bathed itself in glory. Colorado's is a full blown dumpster fire. It was just not in the cards for us this time around.

UConn's problem is that the two major conferences that make sense for UConn A) have an impossibly high hurdle to get in (the Big 10) and B) have a school black-balling us (BCU in the ACC). Sometimes it just does not work out and there is nothing that anyone can do.

The one other thing I think UConn should do is to approach the SEC. I don't really have a pitch worked out, but if the SEC wanted to shake the ACC's cage, adding UConn would be a way to do it.
They aren't inviting Utah because of its stunning and beautiful Salt Lake City location

Reaction Score
If things don't work out this round, don't think that the ACC and SEC commissioners aren't thinking about the BY's stated strategy and the B1G's long term strategy. For example, if you look at what the B1G is likely to do (i.e., focusing on the I95 corridor after picking up the west coast), UConn actually starts to become an interesting counter option for the SEC to go after the northeast, particularly the tri-state market. However, UConn must surpass Rutgers, BC, and Syracuse in football (i.e., win 8+ games a year/build attendance) and maintain elite status in basketball.... not an impossible task. It isn't ideal but, regardless, we still control our destiny in the short term.

Reaction Score
Monty says that he rarely hears from people in the Big 12 conference that Utah is a must-have. He does say that Utah goes to the Big 12 if Arizona and Arizona State go.

Starts at 29:50

Reaction Score
If things don't work out this round, don't think that the ACC and SEC commissioners aren't thinking about the BY's stated strategy and the B1G's long term strategy. For example, if you look at what the B1G is likely to do (i.e., focusing on the I95 corridor after picking up the west coast), UConn actually starts to become an interesting counter option for the SEC to go after the northeast, particularly the tri-state market. However, UConn must surpass Rutgers, BC, and Syracuse in football (i.e., win 8+ games a year/build attendance) and maintain elite status in basketball.... not an impossible task. It isn't ideal but, regardless, we still control our destiny in the short term.
True, but it’s a longshot. The B1G will be at 16 (or 18) schools next year and I do not believe that they will go beyond 24, so there are 8 slots left. Assuming that PAC implodes, I think 4 of those slots will be taken Washington, Oregon, Cal and Stanford, the later pair being too academically prestigious for the B1G presidents to turn down. So, they’re down to 4 open slots, which will likely be filled by ACC teams once that conference is nuked by everyone else in 2036 or sooner. UConn would be in the running, but there will be a lot of schools fighting it out. This is how I would rank them:
  • 21: UVA, there is a strong mutual interest and locks-down the DC market for the B1G
  • 22: Georgia Tech - Same mutual interest UVA and the B1G wants the Atlanta market (lots of Alumni) as long as GT is willing to invest in facility and program upgrades
  • 23: ND – Reluctantly if the Only 3 emerges, ND will have to join the B1G as it is is their best match.
  • 24: Everyone else, in order
    • Duke – Better aligned with B1G, adds a growing market (RDU) and basketball brand while the conference can take a football hit; plus a leading research university
    • Florida State – Adds a Florida footprint and a power football brand, assuming B1G presidents can overcome academic concerns.
    • UNC – the B1G would make room for them as they academically match well with B1G and, of course, a basketball brand, but culturally a better match for the SEC (they will figure a way to preserve the Duke basketball rivalry as it makes too much money)
    • UConn – Adds a basketball brand, strong academics, and helps secure the NYC and Boston markets for the B1G with a school with top-notch facilities already in place
    • U Miami – A alternative to Florida St. should they no, with stronger academics
    • Boston College – While they have updated their athletic facilities recently, only shot is being pulled in as part of the plan to lure ND
    • Syracuse – The Orange dream and does add to the B1G footprint in NYC, but ND has a strong NYC presence, too, and their research side is lacking while others are higher on the list
    • Clemson – Adds a football power and a good market (Charlotte and Greenville), but culturally not aligned, academics/research is not at B1G level and not as high on the list as others
    • U Pitt – Matches well academically with the B1G, but Penn State says no and they would not add to the B1G’s market

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

While i agree with him, wish it was Big12 Presidents asking this and not him.

Go back to Yormarks comments, they wanted schools that WANTED to join them. They're on the verge of adding ASU who looks like a reluctant add at best, and Utah a school whose president derided the Big12 and its member schools. They'd basically be allowing themselves to be cucked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom