Non-Key Tweets | Page 851 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

Hypothetically speaking. And t would have to be hypothetical because football only conferences aren’t allowed yet. How much money could that group command if they banded together? More than the AAC?

Reaction Score
Meh, NAU at #20???
I’m guessing the metrics aren’t weighted by sport. So winning a NC in quidditch is equal to the NC in football.

Who knows his metrics....not Director's Cup metrics for sure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That big 12 mafia guy seems neither well-informed nor well-connected to me. It seems to me like he's perpetually trolling different fanbases like a Midwestern version of our West Virginia friends.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If this tweet is legitimate (very big if) does anyone believe that the PAC would be willing to place its entire inventory on Apple TV, with Apple sublisencing (what it is willing and able to sell off) to whatever linear carriers they may find willing to pay for this content?

Reaction Score
Apple would likely pay a premium, but it would come at reduced visibility.
Not sure how numbers work or if three years is the right number. Seems a bit high. I think the latest market rate is the Big 12 deal. So if $45-50 is big 12, $35m for pac 12 might not be far fetched.

Both conferences have lost substantial value in OK/TX and USC/UCLA.

Hopefully it’s enough to shake Colorado loose.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That tweet is based on the assumption that Apple buys ESPN in three years. Seems to be saying that it doesn't matter that the deal is streaming because one of the biggest linear players won't be around anyway.
Yeah, but the same tweet also states that the term if the deal will be three years. I'm not sure when the current media deal expires but I imagine they aren't negotiating today for something that won't start until the fall of 2026. If Apple's plan is to purchase ESPN in three years, why wouldn't they want the PAC's content for a longer term in the deal they are currently negotiating?

Reaction Score
Contradicting almost everything I've read about the PAC12 deal, all others have it less than $25M/yr. I saw one this morning of $19.5/yr. Who knows.
I mostly follow and read Andrew Marchand from the NY Post as it relates to media deals. He’s got a pretty reliable track record

Reaction Score
Yeah, but the same tweet also states that the term if the deal will be three years. I'm not sure when the current media deal expires but I imagine they aren't negotiating today for something that won't start until the fall of 2026. If Apple's plan is to purchase ESPN in three years, why wouldn't they want the PAC's content for a longer term in the deal they are currently negotiating?
Oh, I agree. And why would the PAC be believing that Apple is going to purchase ESPN in three years? I doubt that Apple is telling them that.

Reaction Score
Apple could pay in order to keep the PAC together. Just looked into Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso and it did not seem like they had a lot of content. Noticed MLS.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apple could pay in order to keep the PAC together. Just looked into Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso and it did not seem like they had a lot of content. Noticed MLS.
There's some decent stuff on there, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested in it. I may turn it back on and binge the second season Ted Lasso and see what else is available.

For what it's worth, the Tom Hanks movie Greyhound is a good watch. Likewise CODA was a decent movie.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it (I cannot tell you how many times I said this exact thing to my ex-wife).

Companies that do well normally are very deliberate with how they spend their money. Apple may well become a player in this but I doubt it will be because they have money to spend and see college sports as a shiny new toy.

I doubt their goal would be to keep the PAC together unless there is a larger plan down the road.

Reaction Score
Oh, I agree. And why would the PAC be believing that Apple is going to purchase ESPN in three years? I doubt that Apple is telling them that.
Unless Apple announced that their intentions publicly , it would potentially be illegal if anyone privy to the conversation then used it to buy Disney stock. Yet the information finds its way to Big 12 Mafia.

Reaction Score
Unless Apple announced that their intentions publicly , it would potentially be illegal if anyone privy to the conversation then used it to buy Disney stock. Yet the information finds its way to Big 12 Mafia.

Yep, sounds like nonsense.

Reaction Score
Sitting here wishing people would throw spaghetti against the wall to see if it will stick, rather than the other material that happens on a daily basis in order to get clicks and views. Sigh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom