Non-Key Tweets | Page 707 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That's like saying the only competition in Ohio is OSU.

Tulane gave up any hope of being competitive at the highest level five decades ago when they left the SEC. Their following in the state at that time was similar LSU's (due to their location) but they basically handed the state over to LSU two generations ago.

I look at this way, Tulane is in a better position than most to elevate their athletics program given they are in a state w/o a strong #2 school, they have a destination city in New Orleans, they have a respected national alumni base and with strong academics. It won't be easy, but Tulane has a better foundation to work with than many. University Presidents would much rather associate with Tulane than Boise St, Memphis or Coastal Carolina. It wont be easy and yes, they may be too late to start, but they do have better pieces to work with than others. Their position however is certainly not better than ours, Houston's, BYU's or Cincy's.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but they are more likely to be the next BCU, Vandy, Wake, Northwestern (even though they have a good season here and there) than reach the status of Stanford or even Puke's hoops. But, if the B12 cares at all abut their athletic profile they wouldn't bother with Houston, Cincy, Memphis, either FL school, etc.

I look at this way, Tulane is in a better position than most to elevate their athletics program given they are in a state w/o a strong #2 school, they have a destination city in New Orleans, they have a respected national alumni base and with strong academics. It won't be easy, but Tulane has a better foundation to work with than many. University Presidents would much rather associate with Tulane than Boise St, Memphis or Coastal Carolina. It wont be easy and yes, they may be too late to start, but they do have better pieces to work with than others. Their position however is certainly not better than ours, Houston's, BYU's or Cincy's.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe, but they are more likely to be the next BCU, Vandy, Wake, Northwestern (even though they have a good season here and there) than reach the status of Stanford or even Puke's hoops. But, if the B12 cares at all abut their athletic profile they wouldn't bother with Houston, Cincy, Memphis, either FL school, etc.

Agreed as to what an elevated Tulane would most likely resemble.

Reaction Score

It's not a very large school. Used to have 10k students, now up to 13k.

Reaction Score
Memphis Twitteratti posse finally got to McMurphy.

Shea Sowell ‏@SheaSowell 1h 1 hour ago
@C_Austin_Cox They're not calling a presser to announce we're not expanding. Which means they know before hand what the outcome is.

@C_Austin_Cox @TalkBackLive @JCrongeyer so what's the recourse for @McMurphyESPN and @geoff_calkins Monday when they announce UM UC UH Uconn

@C_Austin_Cox @TalkBackLive @JCrongeyer Nothing? That should not happen. They were never correct. Yet they stated it as if they were.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 53m53 minutes ago
@SheaSowell if Big 12 adds Memphis Monday, I’ll pay for you & 25 friends to eat at Rendezvous. If not, you donate that $ to St. Jude. Deal?

Shea Sowell ‏@SheaSowell 49m49 minutes ago
@C_Austin_Cox now there is a man sticking to his convictions. For some reason it made me nervous... lol

Shea Sowell ‏@SheaSowell 27m27 minutes ago
@McMurphyESPN that's a 1000 dollar check in your honor. I have friends that work there. I'll make sure you have plenty of proof. Deal.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

@C_Austin_Cox They're not calling a presser to announce we're not expanding. Which means they know before hand what the outcome is.

@C_Austin_Cox @TalkBackLive @JCrongeyer so what's the recourse for @McMurphyESPN and @geoff_calkins Monday when they announce UM UC UH Uconn

@C_Austin_Cox @TalkBackLive @JCrongeyer Nothing? That should not happen. They were never correct. Yet they stated it as if they were.

@SheaSowell if Big 12 adds Memphis Monday, I’ll pay for you & 25 friends to eat at Rendezvous. If not, you donate that $ to St. Jude. Deal?

@C_Austin_Cox now there is a man sticking to his convictions. For some reason it made me nervous... lol

@McMurphyESPN that's a 1000 dollar check in your honor. I have friends that work there. I'll make sure you have plenty of proof. Deal.
And I thought we were a delusional bunch.

Reaction Score
Agreed as to what an elevated Tulane would most likely resemble.

Tulane may need the XII to elevate itself, literally, as the next major hurricane to hit New Orleans may put the entire school underwater permanently.

Reaction Score

Hey $1000 to St. Jude is probably the only positive thing to ever come out of CR.

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 3h3 hours ago
No one. including #Big12 members, know what the conference will do on Monday. But there are ten very different presidential opinions.

Talkes to credible #Big12 media (many aren't), and seems more likely that OU and Texas bolt. Others extend GOR and add four to get to 12.

Some of the #Remaining8 will have other options, when poachers come calling, so certainly extended GOR not an option everyone wants. #Big12

There will have to be at least eight remaining, or the #Big12 ceases to be P5, so a lot of options on the table Monday.

All media I've spoken to agree OU and UT have offers from each of the other four power conferences, with exceptions, like LHN and AAU.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
MR. S w aim & some B12 media starting to pick up what our OU Contacts laid down days ago..
Relief Plan 2019/20

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan · 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire @G S w aim
they are not keeping 8. That is a pipe dream. If one of KU, UT, OU leaves, they all go.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@DocBunyan @G S w aim
Of course...but Mr. S w aim is correct. Whatever the # of "others" end up becoming they will reach for deal in 2-3 yrs.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@DocBunyan @G S w aim
"Others" will have heavy incentives to reach deal to ensure P5 status and decent TV $ in and around 2019/20.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
Differences between Greg's info and our OU Contacts is..
1) No movement until 2019/20
2) "Others" #'s probably <8

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
Mr. S w aim will not be the last one who writes about talks/steam in future negotiations on early release from B12 GOR..
..more is coming...

Jimmie4Real ‏@OkieFromHell · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @G S w aim
Wouldn't Fox/ESPN prefer #Big12Expansion resolution, even if it is the Relief Plan w/ Remaining 8, done now not 2019/20?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@OkieFromHell @G S w aim
Having it happen now, or within next 24 months from now is highly doubtful.Lacks inertia from "others" at this point

Reaction Score
Went to a UConn Alumni event in NYC tonight, some old guy was speaking and after he wrapped up some funny stories about past UConn hoop teams talked shop about this year's team told everyone there that with this conference thing, the entire UConn community will have to 'really, really' help if UConn continues to be part of the American and 'really, really, really,' help should UConn 'move on.' Also advised to forget about how UConn got left behind in the American in the first place and focus instead on the future. Not sure how to read that...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Over the last month I have all but given up on the hope of a Big XII invite believing that they will likely do nothing. But man, despite my better judgement, I find myself getting sucked back into the hope of rescue. Damn these non-key tweets!

Reaction Score
Pictures of early arrivals for the Big 12 meetings have surfaced. Trying to confirm.

21-Pirates-on-the-escalator-compressor.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tulane may need the XII to elevate itself, literally, as the next major hurricane to hit New Orleans may put the entire school underwater permanently.

Nah. Uptown area wasn't even really affected by Katrina. The whole area from the Garden District to Uptown is on pretty solid ground. I was there 4 days ago. I might even retire to the Garden District if prices on Cape Cod remain insane.

Tulane has more potential than a school like Memphis. Not to become Alabama, but to become Vandy, Duke, Northwestern or BC. Huge endowment, great campus and with Loyola literally adjacent, I suspect Loyola kids would be something of an extension of Tulane for football if they were decent and in a good conference. My wife went to Loyola of NO and went to Tulane football games now and then (and she doesn't like football).

Reaction Score
Nah. Uptown area wasn't even really affected by Katrina. The whole area from the Garden District to Uptown is on pretty solid ground. I was there 4 days ago. I might even retire to the Garden District if prices on Cape Cod remain insane.

Tulane has more potential than a school like Memphis. Not to become Alabama, but to become Vandy, Duke, Northwestern or BC. Huge endowment, great campus and with Loyola literally adjacent, I suspect Loyola kids would be something of an extension of Tulane for football if they were decent and in a good conference. My wife went to Loyola of NO and went to Tulane football games now and then (and she doesn't like football).
let's be honest... Tulane is already at the level of BC athletically.

Reaction Score
I'll be interested in seeing the reaction here if the Big 12 does expand and UConn is in. You guys know by now what a flustercuck this conference is; I guess the eagerness to sign up for such a relationship is more a testament to the experience of getting left behind in a G5 situation than it is about the Big 12. Off a sinking ship that is about to completely capsize, on to one full of insufferable Texas s that is slowly taking on water but is operational. Just know at some point you are going to want to pull out a gun and end it instead of slowly sinking back into the ocean.

Reaction Score
The internet will blow up!

As many have said, being in the B12 for the next 6-7 years is better than the AAC. If we had a crystal ball and knew we could be ND's partner for the ACC or got a B1G invite we'd prefer that. If not, we may be looking at an AAC-like league in 6-7 years after OU, UT find new homes.

I'll be interested in seeing the reaction here if the Big 12 does expand and UConn is in. You guys know by now what a flustercuck this conference is; I guess the eagerness to sign up for such a relationship is more a testament to the experience of getting left behind in a G5 situation than it is about the Big 12. Off a sinking ship that is about to completely capsize, on to one full of insufferable Texas s that is slowly taking on water but is operational. Just know at some point you are going to want to pull out a gun and end it instead of slowly sinking back into the ocean.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Basically will be easier to go P5 to P4 than it will be G6 to P4, especially with UConn's profile.

All but 3 programs (who play football) from the old power 6 conferences are represented in a P5 conference. That distinction become less and less meaningful with every passing CR event.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
let's be honest... Tulane is already at the level of BC athletically.

Hard to argue at the moment. And Tulane definitely has a better recruiting base.

Reaction Score
Karma is a bi-yatch!!!! That invitation could be the kick in the nut sack that everyone is fearful of. It's also because of that and rule # 1 in CR that has my hopes up still.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Much of this is about percerption. If you play among the big boys, you are one of them. Louisville, TCU, WVU...nobody questions them or treats them as "ex-G5". It's a club, and being in the club changes how everyone looks at your programs. UConn has to get in the club, through any door available. If the Big 12 blows up, UConn is much more attractive to the B1G or ACC as a Big 12 member than as a member of the American. Worst case...we're back in a better "best of the rest league".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom