Non-Key Tweets | Page 752 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Something happening at the car wash?
Reality Show GIF by The Circle Netflix (US)

Reaction Score

Three things:

1) The tweet's author seems bad at math. Unless I've missed something, 14 out of 30 games will be available on a streaming only platform. One of those 14 - Baylor at Texas State - is covered under the Sun Belt Conference's deal, not the Big 12's. That's 43%.

2) Disney paid $40 million for the rights to three additional Big 12 championship games and eight of the conference's ten members' tier three inventory. The latter includes the rights to eight football games, a bunch of basketball games and virtually all Olympic sports. It was agreed that ALL this tier three stuff was going on ESPN+. Texas (Longhorn Network) and Oklahoma (Fox Sports) kept their side deals. So, I'm unsure why a Sooner cares anyway.

3) The Big 12 home games relegated to streaming the first three weeks are: Texas Southern at Baylor; Baylor at Kansas; Northern Iowa at ISU; South Dakota at Kansas; Southern Illinois at K-State; Nevada at K-State; Long Island University at WVU; Duquense at TCU; SMU at TCU; Stephen F. Austin at Texas Tech; FIU at Texas Tech; Missouri State at Oklahoma State. I can't fault Fox or Disney for not broadcasting those games on one of their traditional channels.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Even SEC games are starting to be on ESPN+ going forward. Anyone who thinks they’re going to fully avoid streaming football/basketball at some point in the near future for their favorite team is kidding themselves.

Side note: OU still plays a game football game a year on SoonerTV/Fox Sports PPV- pay per view! It’s like $50 for one game!

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls@kbohls
· 5h
I'm told Texas A&M and Missouri would be a hard no. Only 2 more needed to block an invitation to Texas, OU.

Frank the Tank@frankthetank111
The thought that anyone in the SEC would vote against adding Texas and Oklahoma (outside of maybe Texas A&M in order to superficially placate their alums) is insane to me. This would be the greatest conference realignment heist ever and I say that as a Big Ten guy.

Pete Thamel@PeteThamel
· 2h
Spoke to a few more sources about OU-Texas to the SEC. Few things. They are tied tightly together. A&M's very public objections are the strongest, and getting 11 of the 14 votes doesn't appear to be an issue. Things could move quickly. More soon here..... Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Frank the Tank
@frankthetank111·
52m
Right - I can’t imagine getting 11 out of 14 votes will be an issue. Now that everyone knows that Oklahoma and Texas are willing to move alone, the Big Ten would swoop in if the SEC doesn’t close this deal. Greg Sankey is difference here - he’s the alpha dog in college sports

Gassman3268@Gassman3268
· 31m
Replying to @frankthetank111
What do you think the Big 10 does? They have to make a counter move, right?

·
27m
Really hard to say. I think the Big Ten likes Kansas, but it’s unclear whether there’s anyone else that makes sense to add with them unless it’s a harder ACC raid. Maybe an odd number of members isn’t relevant if leagues decide that divisions aren’t required for CCGs anymore.

Mark Kochenderfer@MarkKochenderfe
· 25m
I can’t believe Kansas adds enough value to the big 10 to even pay for itself alone.

·
22m
Remember that KU’s third tier rights deal is 2nd largest in the Big 12 after the Longhorn Network (even more than OU). There are few basketball schools that can move the needle in Power 5 realignment, but Kansas is one of them. BTN is highly dependent on the hoops product.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire
·
2h
I will be updating tomorrow with video with new info from BTM.

I will give you hint…

“Norman was always going to be epicenter of next realignment. The info through last 7 years held true. Big 10 now goes big or stays pat. The new conditions on ground favors BIG going big.”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire
· Feb 27, 2019
Replying to @theDudeofWV
You are underestimating the perceived value of OU in the eyes of Big Ten/FOX & SEC & Disney.

Oklahoma is being targeted by multiple suitors.

As BTM has stated..Norman is the epicenter of Realignment in 2025.

It either happens or it doesn’t..but it starts or stops in Norman.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire
·
1h

Hopefully @thedudeofw has finally received the message.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well this is pleasant news. 4 years away pleasant news but a potentially very positive development.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls@kbohls
· 5h
I'm told Texas A&M and Missouri would be a hard no. Only 2 more needed to block an invitation to Texas, OU.

The thought that anyone in the SEC would vote against adding Texas and Oklahoma (outside of maybe Texas A&M in order to superficially placate their alums) is insane to me. This would be the greatest conference realignment heist ever and I say that as a Big Ten guy.

Pete Thamel@PeteThamel
· 2h
Spoke to a few more sources about OU-Texas to the SEC. Few things. They are tied tightly together. A&M's very public objections are the strongest, and getting 11 of the 14 votes doesn't appear to be an issue. Things could move quickly. More soon here..... Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Frank the Tank
@frankthetank111·
52m
Right - I can’t imagine getting 11 out of 14 votes will be an issue. Now that everyone knows that Oklahoma and Texas are willing to move alone, the Big Ten would swoop in if the SEC doesn’t close this deal. Greg Sankey is difference here - he’s the alpha dog in college sports

Gassman3268@Gassman3268
· 31m
What do you think the Big 10 does? They have to make a counter move, right?

·
27m
Really hard to say. I think the Big Ten likes Kansas, but it’s unclear whether there’s anyone else that makes sense to add with them unless it’s a harder ACC raid. Maybe an odd number of members isn’t relevant if leagues decide that divisions aren’t required for CCGs anymore.

Mark Kochenderfer@MarkKochenderfe
· 25m
I can’t believe Kansas adds enough value to the big 10 to even pay for itself alone.

·
22m
Remember that KU’s third tier rights deal is 2nd largest in the Big 12 after the Longhorn Network (even more than OU). There are few basketball schools that can move the needle in Power 5 realignment, but Kansas is one of them. BTN is highly dependent on the hoops product.

What the hell would this mean to UConn, if anything?

CL82

Reaction Score
What the hell would this mean to UConn, if anything?
In order of likelihood:
1) Scheduling opportunities for UConn, especially if more schools are pushed into independence.

2) Possible move of KU to the Big East, though unlikely in my opinion, since a refurbished Big 12 will still have better media revenue in the near term.

3) Possible move of ND to the ACC as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

4) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible replacement in the ACC.

5) Possible conference expansion in the B1G or ACC without ND with UConn as possible addition.

6) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

But probably not much.

CL82

Reaction Score
The difference in probability between scenario 1 and scenarios 2-6 combined is enormous.
Yep and the difference between possibilities is geometric not linear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In order of likelihood:
1) Scheduling opportunities for UConn, especially if more schools are pushed into independence.

2) Possible move of KU to the Big East, though unlikely in my opinion, since a refurbished Big 12 will still have better media revenue in the near term.

3) Possible move of ND to the ACC as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

4) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible replacement in the ACC.

5) Possible conference expansion in the B1G or ACC without ND with UConn as possible addition.

6) Possible move of ND to the B1G as a full member with UConn as a possible partner.

But probably not much.

One more long shot. KU to BIG, partner comes from the ACC, Maybe Virginia, we fill the open ACC Slot.

CL82

Reaction Score
One more long shot. KU to BIG, partner comes from the ACC, Maybe Virginia, we fill the open ACC Slot.
I only see KU going to the B1G if ND is the partner. That's part the reason I rated ND to the B1G with us tagging along so low. But yeah, it's another possibility.

Reaction Score
I only see KU going to the B1G if ND is the partner. That's part the reason I rated ND to the B1G with us tagging along so low. But yeah, it's another possibility.
You don't have to change divisions if you add an East and a West.

I don't buy it, but if you're the B1G that's a fantastic play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom