Non-Key Tweets | Page 628 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Dude is losing it this morning. It's hilarious to think back there were people that believed he was actually providing inside information.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CVS is going to be in a world of hurt just like the the Dude stuck it to the ACC.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think when he says CSU only one to dominate their market he's lumping us into a massive NYC to Boston market where there's what, 20 million people and we still rank top 5, not including the CT market where were number 1.

Reaction Score
Translation mid October means 2 weeks from now and i have no credible source for anything going on behind the scenes other than random fans i troll off of other schools chatboards.

Or, as said in that scene from the Wizard of Oz: "Don't pay attention to the man behind the green curtain!"

Reaction Score
I think when he says CSU only one to dominate their market he's lumping us into a massive NYC to Boston market where there's what, 20 million people and we still rank top 5, not including the CT market where were number 1.
I get it. Rather than saying nyc isn't part of the Uconn DMA, he's saying we don't dominate our market.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The problem there is that U of Colorado has a stronger presence than FSU so the idea that CSU dominates anything outside of Ft Collins is a joke.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Memphis Fan(s) getting desperate.

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 14h 14 hours ago
UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant @frankthetank111

UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant @ChuckCarltonDMN

Mike Swearingen@Swearingen20 14 hours ago
@MichaelAviotti @ChuckCarltonDMN but but but UCONN is in the largest market & they own the NYC market. People dont care about UCONN football

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 12h 12 hours ago
@MichaelAviotti Thanks for sharing. I hope it works out well for UConn. FYI, Texas is ending its deal with Aspire.

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 14 hours ago
@UofMemphisPres @DanWolken big problem for UCONN.
UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 4 hours ago
@blauds looks like there is a little problem with UCONN Footbal
UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant @frankthetank111

UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football -Hartford Courant @ChuckCarltonDMN

@MichaelAviotti @ChuckCarltonDMN but but but UCONN is in the largest market & they own the NYC market. People dont care about UCONN football

@MichaelAviotti Thanks for sharing. I hope it works out well for UConn. FYI, Texas is ending its deal with Aspire.

Football attendance since 2003:

UConn - 36,645 per game
Memphis - 31,331 per game

Maybe Memphis should The Aspire Group too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

This guy is too dumb to realize hiring Aspire is due to an upcoming external stimuli which will drive ticket sales. The idea is to have the consulting group in place and functioning before demand kicks in.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

UConn - 36,645 per game

90% capacity considering how dank attendance has been the last three years should tell the XII all they need to know about the support for the FB program. I don't think many of the XII programs would match that if they played our schedule. If we are in the grown-up game, they FB stadium will be full. UC as a program isn't getting better, BYU isn't getting better.

Reaction Score

UConn - 36,645 per game

I went back and double checked, I'm the one who tweeted that to him and Memphis actually averaged 30,990 since 2003.

webogwobwge.jpg

Guy is a total lightweight. He said how great the Liberty Bowl was and it was obvious I never visited, I said if I wanted to see the LB I'd drive to New Haven and go see the Yale Bowl.

Then he was talking about $20M practice facility, we built ours 10 years ago at 3x the costs and now are pumping more into it. Memphis fans are just a different breed of stupid.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I went back and double checked, I'm the one who tweeted that to him and Memphis actually averaged 30,990 since 2003.

webogwobwge.jpg

Guy is a total lightweight. He said how great the Liberty Bowl was and it was obvious I never visited, I said if I wanted to see the LB I'd drive to New Haven and go see the Yale Bowl.

Then he was talking about $20M practice facility, we built ours 10 years ago at 3x the costs and now are pumping more into it. Memphis fans are just a different breed of stupid.

Turns out I've been giving Memphis fans TOO much credit. I had them at 31,331. Oh well, will just have to make that adjustment.

They really are. No research and don't like actual data/statistics. They just want to tweet out some story that UConn hired Aspire Group because our attendance is just so bad...when we average more than 5,000 fans more per game than they do. FedEx better kick in a trillion dollars to add those buffoons to a Power conference. They have a LONG way to go.

Reaction Score
Turns out I've been giving Memphis fans TOO much credit. I had them at 31,331. Oh well, will just have to make that adjustment.

They really are. No research and don't like actual data/statistics. They just want to tweet out some story that UConn hired Aspire Group because our attendance is just so bad...when we average more than 5,000 fans more per game than they do. FedEx better kick in a trillion dollars to add those buffoons to a Power conference. They have a LONG way to go.

They point out our struggles but Memphis is a program that only a few years ago was drawing under 20,000 for an entire home schedule. We never came close to bottoming out like they did.

As far as FedEx goes it better be a trilion or a Taj Mahal-esque stadium to replace the Liberty Bowl. If FedEx isn't panning on doing either than their involvement is pointless.

Reaction Score
Memphis and UConn have completely different issues.

In Connecticut big time college football is still relatively new and is not historically part of the culture. That said, UConn owns the market and growing the fan base is very possible. Bring in exciting teams and continue to improve the on the field football product and there is no reason UConn cannot draw like the flagship, land grant state university it is.... There is no team in Connecticut which out draws UConn and it is not even close. The UConn football market is there, the demand just needs to be cultivated.

People in Memphis love football. It is SEC country and football is part of their culture. Unfortunately for Memphis most of those fans in Memphis are wearing orange and screaming "Go Vols." You cannot build a fan base if they are already cheering for someone else.

Memphis cannot build a demand since they do not own the market...game over

Dooley

Reaction Score
They point out our struggles but Memphis is a program that only a few years ago was drawing under 20,000 for an entire home schedule. We never came close to bottoming out like they did.

As far as FedEx goes it better be a trilion or a Taj Mahal-esque stadium to replace the Liberty Bowl. If FedEx isn't panning on doing either than their involvement is pointless.

Agree. I mean those 2007-2013 attendance figures are just putrid. It goes to show how little they carry their own home market. Memphis may love college football...but they have clearly shown that they don't give a rats patoot about Memphis college sports.

And yeah, if I'm the B12, I ask FedEx for a trillion dollars. Seriously. That is Memphis' only chance is bribe money. If it means *that* much to them, this is clearly a "you write a number on a piece of paper and we will say yes" type of thing. Memphis has 0% chance of a P5 invite if not for FedEx bribe money. The B12 should demand $1,000,000,000,000,000 and if FedEx says no, oh well, you invite schools that actually bring something to the table instead.

Reaction Score
Memphis and UConn have completely different issues.

In Connecticut big time college football is still relatively new and is not historically part of the culture. That said, UConn owns the market and growing the fan base is very possible. Bring in exciting teams and continue to improve the on the field football product and there is no reason UConn cannot draw like the flagship, land grant state university it is.... There is no team in Connecticut which out draws UConn and it is not even close. The UConn football market is there, the demand just needs to be cultivated.

People in Memphis love football. It is SEC country and football is part of their culture. Unfortunately for Memphis most of those fans in Memphis are wearing orange and screaming "Go Vols." You cannot build a fan base if they are already cheering for someone else.

Memphis cannot build a demand since they do not own the market...game over
Why do you say big time football is not part of ct history or culture?

Reaction Score
I think he means like an SEC school...when the Women's Basketball board has a couple of hundred thousand more messages than the Football Board...it ain't like the SEC...totally football first.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Or maybe he means that UConn fans cheer for and support our women instead of covering up raping them, like many football schools.

Honestly Billy, what value do you bring here? What in the world does message board counts have anything whatsoever to do with anything the OP said? He said that UConn fanbase is big (it is), we don't have a long history of FBS (we don't) but, over time, we will (especially with a P5 schedule that excites fans up here). And yes, UConn fanbase includes women's basketball - of which there are more fans of than Memphis/Cincinnati/UCF/USF/Houston football. And guess what? They can all be mobilized to root for 'UConn' in any sport - including football.

Perhaps you should take your women's hoops slights back to the 1950s where they belong.

Reaction Score
Why do you say big time football is not part of ct history or culture?

Maybe the best way to explain my statement is a story.

Growing up as a kid in Connecticut my Dad often took me to UConn Men's basketball games. It was in the old Field House at Storrs which felt like attending a game at a high school gym.

When I attended UConn as a student in the 90s UConn basketball was just starting to boom. Some of my best memories were watching UConn hoops games and the subsequent post game parties on campus. At the time I attended UConn, UConn football was not a D1 program and the Rent did not exist.

Now I have a son and I take my son to several UConn basketball and football games every season. While he loves all things UConn to include UConn basketball, for him attending UConn football games is way more exciting than UConn basketball. If given a choice he will always ask to go to a UConn football game over a UConn basketball game.

Personally I love both UConn football and basketball but much of my childhood is tied to UConn basketball. For people of my generation, UConn basketball is part of our culture. But for my son, UConn football is part of his culture. To this day I still watch every UConn basketball game with my Dad even though I live in Virginia and we have to watch together on the phone. But now my Dad and I watch both the UConn basketball and the football games together on the phone. That is a change in culture.

When pundits say "no one cares about UConn football" I just laugh. UConn football is still a relative new comer but it is growing and has a lot more potential than the other G5 programs we are competing against. UConn dominates an untapped market and has a loyal fan base...love of football is coming. My son's generation who grew up with UConn football will some day prove it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom