Non-Key Tweets | Page 627 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Yeah this has been disproved multiple times, Cincinnati is clear #1, OSU has only about 25% support in the SW Ohio, with closer to 70-80% in the rest of Ohio.

I live in Ohio.... Cincy is a.non factor outside alums.... No one else cares about them. OSU has alums and everyone else. Even in southwestern Ohio. If you believe that Cincy has any pull you are delusional.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I love Cincy/UH/Memphis
"We can claim nearly half of our own city." And they're proud of that.

The most frustrating part of all this - a large state flagship with complete ownership of its market has to explain markets and brands to fans of schools who don't even register as a top 2 draw within their own home market. And we're not talking New York or LA or Chicago...we are talking Cincinnati, Memphis, Tampa and Orlando. Houston at least is Top 10...but UH probably registers the lowest in their home market of all the candidates.

And yet we get zero credit for being Top 5 football in New York and Boston. That is exactly what these schools are...in their own market.

Reaction Score
The most frustrating part of all this - a large state flagship with complete ownership of its market has to explain markets and brands to fans of schools who don't even register as a top 2 draw within their own home market. And we're not talking New York or LA or Chicago...we are talking Cincinnati, Memphis, Tampa and Orlando. Houston at least is Top 10...but UH probably registers the lowest in their home market of all the candidates.

And yet we get zero credit for being Top 5 football in New York and Boston. That is exactly what these schools are...in their own market.

I mean.... think about the people we're talking about. They are going/went to schools like Memphis and USF. They're not the brightest bulbs in the box.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Other than the fact that Cincy's former President totally out worked our President - one thing I can't understand is how they are reported to be a locked in top 2 and we are not?
They have had more football success - but they will always be a second college in their market. In other sports we are clearly superior. Academics - we are also better.
https://platform.bing.com/geo/REST/v1/Imagery/Map/Road/Routes/Driving?ms=558,180&wp.0=39.107128,-84.504128;147;%20&wp.1=38.642414,-80.613617;148;%20&key=AsSOKo7OOz5VAtfAj0rjgaXlhCrCZI6PGbLj7GCH8IW2HUalyg4BVhqA0z77PRCj&c=en-US&fmt=png&od=2&routeid=v68,h931606933,i0,a0,cen-us,d_z839HUoyis1,y1,s1,m0,o0,t0,w-duck_X7aNQ0AAAACgQyBVwA2~Asu6q0gR9zgdAADgAQ74Aj8A0~VVMtMjIgLyBPSC0zIC8gR2lsYmVydCBBdmU1~~~~v10,wAwAAoDpSQ0ACAACARSdUwA2~Asu6q0jBdeoeAADgASgFuj4C0~U3RvbmV5IENyZWVr0~~~~v10,k0,n2&shading=flat

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My dream is that UConn gets into the Big 12. We use that time to re-establish our football program back to pre-Pasqualoni level. We also get closer to an AAU invite and, hopefully, eventually get our invite. We would then leapfrog Kansas and become #2 "attainable" power conference school for the next potential B1G expansion round to get to 16 with Texas & UConn.

In other words, if there is not a network and extended GOR, I do not have much faith in the long-term stability of the Big 12.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What everyone seems to be missing about Cincinnati is historically they've been a BB school, not a FB school. They never achieved any national notoriety in FB until WE helped legitimize them by letting them into a BCS conference in 2005. Then they enjoyed several years of success during the D'Antonio/Kelly era, but they've also fallen off from that in the past several seasons. It's not like they've been winning the AAC title every year in FB.

Their president just did a far better job than ours pimping them with the B12.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What everyone seems to be missing about Cincinnati is historically they've been a BB school, not a FB school. They never achieved any national notoriety in FB until WE helped legitimize them by letting them into a BCS conference in 2005. Then they enjoyed several years of success during the D'Antonio/Kelly era, but they've also fallen off from that in the past several seasons. It's not like they've been winning the AAC title every year in FB.

Their president just did a far better job than ours pimping them with the B12.
Not just them... But WVU! Give us some love!

Reaction Score
Demonstrably wrong:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#9,39.216,-84.692

That map is problematic in a few ways, but you're crazy if you think OSU doesn't deliver all of Ohio.

You're missing the point, you do not need to deliver all of Ohio, it's a big state with one P5 school right now in sports. Indiana has 3, Michigan 2, and when you're a school of 40k students, the largest employer in the city and have P&G, Kroger's and Macy's about 10 minutes from campus you're not going to be treated as an also ran. I've done business in Cincinnati and Columbus and i would much rather be in Cincinnati. Trying to compare any schools to the Texas, Osu's and Oklahoma's of the world is not the benchmark. Look around at the p5, it's not all "state" delivering schools.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
You're missing the point, you do not need to deliver all of Ohio...
This was your point:

There not a second college in their market. 40k students and a 1.5b endowment. O$U is not strong in southern Ohio.
OSU is clearly the strongest presence in the Cincy market. Pretending otherwise is a bad look for you & for Cincy, and I say that as someone who truly wants you guys to be in the next conference (whichever it may be) with us.

You made a claim that's been thoroughly debunked. Now take your L like a man and move on.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Memphis isn't a credible threat for Texas to make. There are community colleges in Connecticut that would be embarrassed to be in the same conference with Memphis because of Memphis' academics. Do you think Texas' president wants Memphis in UT's league.
Maybe. See Louisville to ACC

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Not just them... But WVU! Give us some love!

Sure, the old Big East Conference.....maker of college football dynasties.....Miami, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, South Florida, Cincinnati, Memphis.....every team turns into a pee fiver, except us!

Reaction Score
My dream is that UConn gets into the Big 12. We use that time to re-establish our football program back to pre-Pasqualoni level. We also get closer to an AAU invite and, hopefully, eventually get our invite. We would then leapfrog Kansas and become #2 "attainable" power conference school for the next potential B1G expansion round to get to 16 with Texas & UConn.

In other words, if there is not a network and extended GOR, I do not have much faith in the long-term stability of the Big 12.
The huge question mak is how much success is possible to achieve in the next 6 years
Competing against B12 schools.
Money aside
What would be more appealing when the Big 12 explodes ?
A 20-52 team who had never been to a bowl or
Or
an AAC team who went 48 and 24 and had been to 6 consecutive bowls

Remember " Its not all gold that glitters"
Regardless of whether it's the B12 or the AAC success ultimately is our own responsibility.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The huge question mak is how much success is possible to achieve in the next 6 years
Money aside
Or

Regardless of whether it's the B12 or the AAC success ultimately is our own responsibility.
Right right. Smash mouth dictates CR

Reaction Score
Money aside
Or

lol. so short sighted

Reaction Score
Money aside
Or

3 years before we start knocking on the door. 5 at most. Truly believe that we end up consistently in the top half of the league. No doubt hoops stays strong, maybe stronger.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
BYU just short of 8 votes. Being hurt by honor code/LGBT issues. Football only looking more likely.

UC is also short of the necessary 8 votes. So is UH. Don't expect a resolution before mid Oct. as lots of horse trading of votes will occur

UCONN, CSU are the only realistic options for 14. Tulane also in the mix but the Green Wave would cause ESPN/Fox to throw a fit.

If the B12 added two today the leaders would be BYU & UC despite WVU & TT being opposed to UC.

UH will get the votes. No expansion without Texas & Texas wants UH. Networks adamant about BYU too.

ESPN is pushing BYU hard.

UCONN being hurt by geography although WVU & KU want the Huskies to get basketball back in NY market.

Huggins would love to have WVU on the airwaves in NYC by any means possible. NYC exposure means hoops recruits.

CSU is still my sleeper. Great market, new facilities coming on line & the only addition with the chance to dominate their market.

UT & OU still secretly feuding over a potential network. OU wants one. UT wants to keep LHN.

UT will only agree to 14 if the GoR is not extended. Adding 2 only keeps extending the GoR on the table to at least match the LHN deal.

My opinion is this... Adding 4 is a simple money grab that means defections in 2024. Adding 2 means there is hope for the Big 12.

If the B12 adds 4 then WVU, TCU, Tech, OkST & KSU must win at least 9 games a year between now & 2024 to have a shot.

WVU should be ok... If they win. 8 win seasons though aren't going to get them a spot in the SEC or ACC.

So the time to win is now.

I'm not going to worry about it. 8 years is a long time.

New additions are not going to get a 50% share before 2025. At best they may be looking at a 40% cut in 2023.

I wonder how schools like UH and UC would be able to continue the massive subsidies they are pumping into athletics.

UCF is still alive.

JayPfister ‏@angeraddict 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV so it may be UC UH. Or possibly nothing

@angeraddict Its going to be either 2 or 4 from BYU, UC, CSU, UCONN & UH.

Reaction Score
There's about six different scenarios he just pitched there. Pretty much everyone but CCSU has a shot.

He truly is the biggest loser in all of CR Twitterdom. At this point he is just parroting random thoughts put out there by media types as well as other on line sociopaths like Mh3 and Flug. You have to love how he appropriated Flug's "Horse Trading" shtick into this latest steaming pile.

Reaction Score
He truly is the biggest loser in all of CR Twitterdom. At this point he is just parroting random thoughts put out there by media types as well as other on line sociopaths like Mh3 and Flug. You have to love how he appropriated Flug's "Horse Trading" shtick into this latest steaming pile.
Csu, only addition to dominate their market. Wrong.

Reaction Score
He's said that before, and it doesn't make any sense. CSU doesn't and won't ever dominate the Denver market. That doesn't even pass the smell test. It's ridiculous. UConn absolutely dominates the entire state in coverage. So what the heck is he talking about?

Reaction Score
I lived in Colorado 2012-2014. No one else bats an eyelash at any college sport. I was shocked moving from Florida how little the locals cared about CU Boulder and CSU

Reaction Score
Demonstrably wrong:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#9,39.216,-84.692

That map is problematic in a few ways, but you're crazy if you think OSU doesn't deliver all of Ohio.

You can believe what you wish, but having lived in Cincy for 10 years before i returned back to Nyc, southern Ohio is hostile territory for Osu fans, and they will admit as much themselves. The competition for Uc isn't Osu, it's professional sports teams. That said, any school of that size has large amounts of alumni in that area, and it's a question of providing quality opponents and product if they are going to survive and prosper. You do not build a 1.5 billion endowment without a lot of blocks. There is no question that any of these schools being considered should add fan support and interest with their affiliation with the b12, and it comes down to what other benefits the league may get from those areas be it recruiting exposure, sponsors, etc. not to mention ease of getting there and back regularly. Don't believe everything in the Ny times or interactive data. They are skewed based on more than one factor. Unless you line up every game at the same time and put it out there on everyone's tv offerings you have stats..............and we all know what they say about stats. Here's to hoping Uconn and Cincy remain rivals. Neither school has deserved the fate of the last several years, but sometimes distress builds a better franchise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's about six different scenarios he just pitched there. Pretty much everyone but CCSU has a shot.

Translation mid October means 2 weeks from now and i have no credible source for anything going on behind the scenes other than random fans i troll off of other schools chatboards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom