Non-Key Tweets | Page 624 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Documented? No. Just Twitter rumors of things. I don't even remember reading a Twitter rumor about Boren speaking with the UM president.
Their csnbbs board has been incredibly smug about "done deal" which I normally would ignore, but one legitimate poster has been leading the charge.

Reaction Score
Their csnbbs board has been incredibly smug about "done deal" which I normally would ignore, but one legitimate poster has been leading the charge.
How is this poster legitimate?

Reaction Score
Go to OU's board Land Thieves and check there..you can even register and ask the question. I think that outside of Memphis fans, Chip Brown and Austin Cox on twitter no one is really banging the Memphis drum. In fact the legitimate writers and beat guys say the same stuff Tramel did today. I'm not saying we are golden by any means..but if they expand by 4 I like our chances (my picks for 4: BYU, Cincy, UConn, Houston) better than 2 (my picks for 2: BYU, Cincy)

Reaction Score
If they're only going two, the longer it drags out the better for us. The better possible optics of starting the football season doing really well would afford us the opportunity to sway a few minds.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So two potential pieces of good news in the last 24 hours:

1) Flugs presenting a pretty good case for why the Big 12 won't get paid to stay at 10. This makes doing nothing less likely.
2) Memphis getting shredded by the Oklahoma writer. Nail, meet coffin.

The bad news is that adding only 2 teams seems to be picking up some steam, and that becomes a three way spring between Cincinnati, UConn and BYU, where Cincinnati seems to have a 20 yard head start. I have gone from hoping Houston was just a smokescreen that Texas had to throw out there because they were told to, to being a lynchpin for expansion. I don't think there is any way Houston makes the cut as one of two additions, but has a reasonable chance as a compromise choice as one of four.

Reaction Score
So two potential pieces of good news in the last 24 hours:

1) Flugs presenting a pretty good case for why the Big 12 won't get paid to stay at 10. This makes doing nothing less likely.
2) Memphis getting shredded by the Oklahoma writer. Nail, meet coffin.

The bad news is that adding only 2 teams seems to be picking up some steam, and that becomes a three way spring between Cincinnati, UConn and BYU, where Cincinnati seems to have a 20 yard head start. I have gone from hoping Houston was just a smokescreen that Texas had to throw out there because they were told to, to being a lynchpin for expansion. I don't think there is any way Houston makes the cut as one of two additions, but has a reasonable chance as a compromise choice as one of four.

I'm digging the positivity, bro.

Reaction Score
If they're only going two, the longer it drags out the better for us. The better possible optics of starting the football season doing really well would afford us the opportunity to sway a few minds.
100% agree...and the worse it will be for Memphis

Reaction Score
100% agree...and the worse it will be for Memphis
If you listen to everything Tramel said about Memphis, there would have to be a monumental shift in order for Memphis to get in. The same cannot be said about UConn, UC, BYU, or Houston, even UCF. He absolutely tore them to shreds, presumably based on the opinions of OU.

Reaction Score
If you listen to everything Tramel said about Memphis, there would have to be a monumental shift in order for Memphis to get in. The same cannot be said about UConn, UC, BYU, or Houston, even UCF. He absolutely tore them to shreds, presumably based on the opinions of OU.
I did...the one thing I liked the best was when he said that if Memphis gets in it will be purely for the Fed-Ex $$ grab and that the B-12 will cease to exist by 2025. heck by then they will come begging the AAC to take them back with Fred Smith making more hollow $$ promises..LOL!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
My first thought at reading this post was that nobody could be so short-sighted as to base such an important decision on a couple of football games. Upon reflection, it seems that in CR myopia is the order of the day (see perceptions of Houston/Memphis football acumen). So you may be right. The world is upside down.

Reaction Score
My first thought at reading this post was that nobody could be so short-sighted as to base such an important decision on a couple of football games. Upon reflection, it seems that in CR myopia is the order of the day (see perceptions of Houston/Memphis football acumen). So you may be right. The world is upside down.
Exactly. Of course it'd be ridiculous to make a decision of a month or two of football, but unfortunately that's how CR goes.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Exactly. Of course it'd be ridiculous to make a decision of a month or two of football, but unfortunately that's how CR goes.
Gotcha. Sorry sometimes sarcasm on the printed screen is illusive.

Reaction Score
I remember back when we played Louisville for the last time before the ACC's decision was due to be made, and we all acted like it was the ACC Inviation Bowl.

We won, then we got left out. I mean, a good start certainly isn't going to hurt us, but I'm not sure how much it'll help either.

Reaction Score
I remember back when we played Louisville for the last time before the ACC's decision was due to be made, and we all acted like it was the ACC Inviation Bowl.

We won, then we got left out. I mean, a good start certainly isn't going to hurt us, but I'm not sure how much it'll help either.

Most of the reports have said that the Big 12 wants this resolve before their FB season begins. The latest Blauds article says the end of the month(August). Maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen anything that supports this dragging on into September(this certainly could happen but I don't recall seeing anything with that kind of timetable).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I don't remember it that way.

I remember UConn was #3 penciled in (You know the really soft lead that is nearly impossible to erase?), but were on their way to the end of another pitiful season, and Louisville caught steam leading into the weekend. Louisville fans (being ranked, far better on paper, but trailing in the view of public perception for the ACC), were calling for a win and in based on that football game. Afterward, UConn fans took them to task. They complained, but got the nod anyway the following Monday.

Reaction Score

Different factors in play here than in the ACC scenario. Here, UConn has clear advantages in some departments over UC and BYU, the problem is football isn't one of them. We didn't have clear advantages over Louisville in BB and fan base/TV like we do over BYU and UC in one or more categories. Additionally, there isn't one faction of the Big 12 pushing hard on basketball (having previously got their way) and another pushing hard on football. The two situations are definitely not the same.

Reaction Score
Most of the reports have said that the Big 12 wants this resolve before their FB season begins. The latest Blauds article says the end of the month(August). Maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen anything that supports this dragging on into September(this certainly could happen but I don't recall seeing anything with that kind of timetable).
Tramel said he thought it was possible that it drags into the fall, by no means saying it would though.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tramel said he thought it was possible that it drags into the fall, by no means saying it would though.

New TV terms and a new GOR - if at all possible - is what will drag this into the FB season.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If it does happen to go until Oct, imagine the pressure that will put on our football team. Every single game in Sept will be viewed as a B12 referendum on our entire athletic dept. We will have to run the table in Sept against a tough schedule. Not only that, but given the opportunity to in any given game(s), we will have to try and run up the score. It would be totally insane.

Reaction Score
From M h ver3

Fox is ok with Houston as long as B12 adds 4 total and at least 1 of Uconn/USF/UCF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Matt Schonvisky

Decision on candidates won't be based on who will take deepest "haircut"...or FEDEX $..
Not what drives Boren.

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity · 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire
But FedEx will help a TON.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Manny_Insanity
No it won't.
At least in accordance to what our OU Contacts say...or I should say, don't say.
They never mention FEDEX$

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity
The only times OU Contacts have mentioned Memphis was Kansas not wanting them..and Okie St supporting them
Not in the mix

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
Tramel of Aug 5th sounds the same as our OU Contacts of July 21st.
BYU/UC/UCONN/UH
Nothing has changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom