Non-Key Tweets | Page 750 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve come around the realignment board, two things:

1) nobody actually thinks there’s a realistic chance that UConn football joins the PAC, right?

2) nobody actually thinks there’s any comparison between the Iowa State football fanbase and UConn’s, right?

Don’t sleep on #1.

Reaction Score
People arguing about Iowa State Football Fandom on a UConn Board. Could there be anything more random? Actual games can not get here fast enough.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve come around the realignment board, two things:

1) nobody actually thinks there’s a realistic chance that UConn football joins the PAC, right?

2) nobody actually thinks there’s any comparison between the Iowa State football fanbase and UConn’s, right?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Or do they?

Reaction Score
Can’t tell if being serious or...

There is a lot going on right now. The PAC has a real problem and needs a presence on the east coast, if not a few presences. It seems really far fetched but it is just a necessity for them to get some east coast eye balls. UConn needs a good football schedule.

Anything is possible for us right now. I doubt it will happen but I believe it has been spoken about. It really depends how TV partners would react to UConn as the solution. UConn is good enough academically, liberal enough to fit in and sits in a very populated area with many PAC grads within a 2.5 hour drive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is a lot going on right now. The PAC has a real problem and needs a presence on the east coast, if not a few presences. It seems really far fetched but it is just a necessity for them to get some east coast eye balls. UConn needs a good football schedule.

Anything is possible for us right now. I doubt it will happen but I believe it has been spoken about. It really depends how TV partners would react to UConn as the solution. UConn is good enough academically, liberal enough to fit in and sits in a very populated area with many PAC grads within a 2.5 hour drive.

Not to feed into the conspiracy kitty stuff, but I’m pretty sure the new Prez was a PAC athlete at UCLA!

Anyway, I just have a hard time believing that the PAC would, literally, debase itself by adding a team on the East Coast.

NOW, if you tell me there could be a scheduling alliance as part of a TV deal for the PAC, that something I could believe

Reaction Score
Not to feed into the conspiracy kitty stuff, but I’m pretty sure the new Prez was a PAC athlete at UCLA!

Anyway, I just have a hard time believing that the PAC would, literally, debase itself by adding a team on the East Coast.

NOW, if you tell me there could be a scheduling alliance as part of a TV deal for the PAC, that something I could believe

That’s how most people would view it.
Maybe, if UConn had a partner it would seem less outrageous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... nobody actually thinks there’s any comparison between the Iowa State football fanbase and UConn’s, right?
I'll give the Cyclones that they have more football fans. Otherwise we're similar. The Big 10 doesn't want either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

If the PAC 12 schools want to play road games in the Eastern time zone they won’t have any issues finding them. They can play them against schools in conferences that will put them on ESPN, FOX and ABC. Not SNY and flosports.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 does have a few future games scheduled in the east and midwest...they are the "away" half of an H&H.

Stanford.....will play @ UCF, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Boston College

UCLA.....@ Cincinnati, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, Auburn, Wisconsin

Arizona.....@ Mississippi St., Virginia Tech

Arizona St.....@ Mississippi St, LSU

Cal.....@ Ole Miss, Auburn

Oregon.....@ Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan State

Washington.....@ Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State

The Pac picks up a few eastern teams to travel to the west coast for a one and done....Stony Brook, Bowling Green, South Alabama, Coastal Carolina, Kent State, Eastern Michigan...

Reaction Score
I will have to give credit to the "Dude of West Virginia" for this USA Today link about 2017-18 school finances from the NCAA for 230 schools:

UConn is number 52 on the list. Recall that there are 65 P5 schools. I believe only public schools are on this list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will have to give credit to the "Dude of West Virginia" for this USA Today link about 2017-18 school finances from the NCAA for 230 schools:

UConn is number 52 on the list. Recall that there are 65 P5 schools. I believe only public schools are on this list.

Somewhere, Gene DeFilippo is smiling while Mark Emmert is laughing manically...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

uconn counts the tens of millions they grift from the students ‘revenue’. not nearly as impressive when you know that

Reaction Score
uconn counts the tens of millions they grift from the students ‘revenue’. not nearly as impressive when you know that

As the Dude would point out, you are not alone: look at UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, UMass, Rutgers (at least in the short run), Air Force (but USG), Central Michigan (MAC), too many others to list - look at the "total allocated" column, which is $$ from the school, student fees, etc.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If anyone outside the P5 isn't running a 50% subsidy, they're not trying.

Or they're being cute with their accounting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As the Dude would point out, you are not alone: look at UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, UMass, Rutgers (at least in the short run), Air Force (USG), Central Michigan (MAC), too many others to list - look at the "total allocated" column, which is $$ from the school, student fees, etc.

Yep which is why a column labeled revenue should skip those dollars.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nothing is more non-key than the Dude.

Reaction Score
Isn’t he just saying what we know,
UConn is the NCAA’s whipping boy.

When other schools cheat, pull out the microscope on UConn.

I think he meant that Hurley would replace Self.

From the ESPN article:

As far as the long-term impact -- even while acknowledging that this investigation is without an exact precedent in college basketball -- it might be instructive to revisit Kevin Ollie's situation at UConn. Ollie received a three-year "show cause" penalty (which essentially barred him from the college game, and is similar to the penalty the NCAA says it "could seek" of Self) after he was accused of misleading the NCAA about the specifics of off-campus workouts with a trainer, as well as a FaceTime video between a recruit and former NBA and UConn star Ray Allen. Ollie was fired by the school for cause in the midst of the investigation. Although Kansas figures to support the winning Self more than UConn supported the struggling Ollie, if the penalties are that severe, Self might have to reconsider his future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom