Non-Key Tweets | Page 749 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no reason to try and argue with me about my conclusions as I have documents in hand that speak directly to the matter.
It is possible that what I receive from WVU will be heavily redacted and the info I need verified withheld as privileged. Its a grey area.

Who would argue with this nitwit? Clearly he's doing a fine job of doing it himself.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Read that as: "I've been making everything up and will have no alternative but to fake my death. I'll be back with a new twitter account soon, though.

I read it as "I have this super private information and they're after me. They could poison me any time. In fact, I believe they already have."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The dude couldnt predict tomorrows weather with an iphone and 3 weather apps. He’s got an opinion about 2035 tho

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
1h
Here’s where the Big 12 has the advantage. They are not partnered with ESPN or Fox on a network. Their programs have rabid fan bases who actually watch football.

When I think of rabid football fan bases, I know the first schools that come to mind for me are Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and West Virginia. Clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to rabid fan bases!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
1h
Here’s where the Big 12 has the advantage. They are not partnered with ESPN or Fox on a network. Their programs have rabid fan bases who actually watch football.

When I think of rabid football fan bases, I know the first schools that come to mind for me are Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and West Virginia. Clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to rabid fan bases!
Well rabid, anyways.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The thing about the dude and flugar is that the language is so technical and specific but so obviously made up. Why bother? Are there people who buy it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing about the dude and flugar is that the language is so technical and specific but so obviously made up. Why bother? Are there people who buy it?
For a while the dude had traction and worked to monetize it. I kind of doubt it anymore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Would you feel better if he adds Williams?

Reaction Score
Seneca lost to UConn in front of 35,582.

I agree, you should be laughed at if you lose to UConn even if it was 17 years ago. Meanwhile...rabid

Reaction Score
Iowa State has come back from that four season stretch of winning 3 or fewer games.

The fans are energized by winning 8 games the last couple of seasons.

OSU is a pretty decent football team....like Duke

They seem to lack national cachet.

...I mean, how many of us know that the Cyclones mascot is Cy the cardinal?

Reaction Score
Iowa State has come back from that four season stretch of winning 3 or fewer games.

The fans are energized by winning 8 games the last couple of seasons.

OSU is a pretty decent football team....like Duke

They seem to lack national cachet.

...I mean, how many of us know that the Cyclones mascot is Cy the cardinal?

Us UConn fans do and we don't like him.

Did Some UConn Fans Break The Iowa State Mascot's Arm Last Night?

Reaction Score
I doubt many have any idea what the ISU mascot's name is, but we were talking about rabid fan bases not mascot names. No doubt the last two seasons have been good for the Cyclones, but in 2015 when ISU won three games the average attendance was 56,519. And that is on the heels of a two win season. Cutcliffe is a great coach and has been outstanding at Duke, but their fan base is awful. Average attendance in the 20s is a clear sign of irrelevance and disinterest. That is like FCS Montana or James Madison.

Reaction Score
I doubt many have any idea what the ISU mascot's name is, but we were talking about rabid fan bases not mascot names. No doubt the last two seasons have been good for the Cyclones, but in 2015 when ISU won three games the average attendance was 56,519. And that is on the heels of a two win season. Cutcliffe is a great coach and has been outstanding at Duke, but their fan base is awful. Average attendance in the 20s is a clear sign of irrelevance and disinterest. That is like FCS Montana or James Madison.

ISU and Duke have nothing in common, when it comes to attending sporting events. Look at how many students or players in/on Duke come from NC, let alone nearby. ISU draws from a very small radius. Duke alums are everywhere but the triangle. ISU alums are stuck in Des Moines. It is not a good comparison.

Your program has improved from doormat to decent, but let's not pretend you are something you are not. You are Iowa State.

Reaction Score
Iowa State isn’t even the flagship school in its rural state. Iowa has owned the series with Iowa State and Kinnick Stadium seats over 70,000 and average attendance is about that.

Iowa State is second in wins and attendance for P5 teams in the State of Iowa.

Reaction Score
This guy's a complete loon. "Should my health deteriorate", what's he think he's got the cure to cancer. LOL
He's attempting to emotionally blackmail his readers, trying to get them to have sympathy for him.

Hard to have sympathy for pathological liars.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Iowa State isn’t even the flagship school in its rural state. Iowa has owned the series with Iowa State and Kinnick Stadium seats over 70,000 and average attendance is about that.

Iowa State is second in wins and attendance for P5 teams in the State of Iowa.
Actually Kinnick's capacity is not over 70k and their attendance is in the mid to upper 60ks. While ISU is larger than Iowa, both are AAU flagship schools. Of course, none of this is relevant to the subject at hand, which is ISU has a rabid fan base. 26th - 28th in football attendance, 15th in mbb attendance, and 2nd in wbb. That is engaged & rabid. You can probably count on one hand the number of fan bases that support at that level.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lets get back to the real question. Does the B12 sign a GOR and decide to stay as a group through 2035 and does the B12 decide to expand by 2, 3 or 4?

My worthless two cents - the B12 and ESPN and maybe Fox continue to sketch out scenarios - but cable box erosion will prevent the traditional media houses from actually pulling the trigger. Now, if the B12 can add 2, 3 or 4 schools and keep them as junior status members w/o a full share permanently, then maybe something happens. I think in the end big media gets cold feet over committing to more mouths to feed super large distributions when they aren't really creating more product, ESPN already has these schools under the AAC contract for far less.

Reaction Score
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve come around the realignment board, two things:

1) nobody actually thinks there’s a realistic chance that UConn football joins the PAC, right?

2) nobody actually thinks there’s any comparison between the Iowa State football fanbase and UConn’s, right?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve come around the realignment board, two things:

1) nobody actually thinks there’s a realistic chance that UConn football joins the PAC, right?

2) nobody actually thinks there’s any comparison between the Iowa State football fanbase and UConn’s, right?

Quickly; #1 is eminent and #2 its been accepted that is virtually a tie. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom