Non-Key Tweets | Page 747 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush @NebGradDubDub

It’s being reported tonight by SBJ that PAC won’t vote on any Investment offers in June as was planned but decision will be made in months. It sounds like PAC will take one of these deals with a huge equity cost associated with it.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 20m20 minutes ago
I just hope USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington & Oregon are making the right decision.

To give up so much equity for the long term is really wagering heavily on your 2024 Total Media package deal. PAC must have some new Media Comp telling them they will be involved in PAC content.

‏ @Expansion_Crush 18m18 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub
They're overreacting. They're looking for a short term cash infusion. Scott has let the conference down

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1m1 minute ago
I agree. There are 2 things we don’t know.

1) Does PAC knowingly have ace up their sleeve in 2024 with a new media partner (Amazon for example)

2) Pressure of many PAC schools to obtain cash right now to fund much needed projects (facility)..etc..debt payment..etc.

I imagine they have bids worth $750 million. For 90% of their media rights for 50 years or so (hyperbole stain).

I like Ourand. But if he is savvy he hides it under being a layer of being a mouthpiece of anon leaks.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@MarkKochenderfe @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush @NebGradDubDub

SBJ is saying there have been multiple of offers with valuation set at 5 billion, 750 million or more in upfront money for 15% equity at stake.

15% bleeping equity!?!?

Some Tech Companies are in on the bidding.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
This deal(Bridge Loan/PAC next Media deal 2024)according to last night’s SBJ article..

“A $750 million investment distributed evenly over five years would represent $12.5 million more per school. The existing $30 million plus the new $12.5 million would add up to $42.5 million.”

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire @Expansion_Crush and 2 others
It is just as desperate as it appeared before we had any numbers. The third thing we don’t know is the degree of internal disunity. How concerned are the weaker teams have the stronger brands leaving?

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
The other thing that is interesting is the idea of some Amazon or such partnering with the pac 12. I find it hard to believe. Amazon doesn’t circumvent economic fundamentals. The problem with the pac 12 is too few watch their product.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
I agree Amazon doesn’t circumvent economic fundamentals however their leadership is full of PAC Alumni.

It might not be Amazon...maybe Facebook?

If PAC schools do sign an Investment deal the door shuts on any PAC/Big 12 future involvement in mergers or poaching.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
BTM told you the offers were ugly. Hmm... not so ugly.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
BTM was told vote would be pushed backed beyond June and offers were “dam ugly”.

Also was told PAC schools may be desperate enough to take it..if you read the tweets.

Giving 15% equity is something that people could consider ugly...but sure sounds like it’s going to get done.

We both know Christopher there is something going on behind the doors of PAC....they must have received assurances from some new Media player in sports to say no to ESPN on extended deal and to give up 15% equity on a loan bridge.

Something is going on.

Replying to @flugempire
Or Larry Scott wants to save his ass. $750m sounds impressive but whats the cost? How is to be paid? There’s a lot trending against the Pac 12 that makes me wonder about the terms. I would also like to know if members have to approve it or if their respective boards.

Good questions.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 2h2 hours ago
The whole thing doesn’t add up unless there is truly a white knight we don’t know about. Otherwise the loan is just a bridge to nowhere. I guess the other possibility is Larry Scott is just BSing to keep the job. The PAC schools leadership are definitely most gullible of P5

$750 is impressive. I wonder what the terms are... for the Big 12’s sake I hope the devil is in the details. Are the 14 members getting a one time influx of $53M or is it spread out. What’s the opportunity cost of those dollars?

Replying to @theDudeofWV
I have SBJ. It only says it could be more than 750 million..and 15% equity number is used in the article but it’s not conclusive. Also stated multiple Tech companies are involved in the bidding.

I can check with DAZN. Not sure they will answer. They are desperate to get into the market. But $750M over 10 years is peanuts. So the details are important.

Despite what the Big 12 says it needs to expand its footprint. The best way to do that is at the expense of the Pac 12. If it can’t then its a toss up.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
Yes, Big 12 needs to expand its footprint. PAC is too unified.

I highly doubt ESPN would support Big 12 expansion into Florida (UCF/USF) in 2025.

Big 12’s future is on the knives edge.

Archetype Gaming‏ @esportsTN 2h2 hours ago
So cincy and Memphis?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Jun 14
Somebody I trust told me today the Big 12 was no longer interested in a scheduling alliance with the Pac 12. He says Pac 12 is keen on the idea. Big gamble for the previously psychologically disadvantaged conference.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 10h10 hours ago
Be careful of people who tell you what you want to hear without the ability to explain in the details in a meaningful way. You may use the past as a litmus test if you are careful.

HoustonCentrikSports‏ @HoustonCentrikS 10h10 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
To be clear, this person was a voice inside Lamby’s head.

I try to be kind to you guys. I really do. I encourage your skepticism. Its a good thing. However make damn sure your skepticism uses logical appraisal before it transforms into criticism.

Rick LaCour‏ @ricklacour2010 Jun 14
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Did this person say why?

Yea... why help them out.

LAT‏ @letsgomtnrs Jun 14
Greg will say it's because OU and UT are leaving so they won't agree.. Blah, blah, blah.

JOC‏ @ronnoco5 Jun 15
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Big 12 is fine, there is nowhere for Oklahoma and Texas to go. They aren't going to risk being doormats somewhere else.

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 10h10 hours ago
But... Oklahoma & Texas can "put pressure" on PAC:

1) PAC needs XII brands much more than in 2010
2) OU/ UT are in a stronger position than "king" USC
3) Result leading to a potential raid of PAC brands by XII
4) XII could remain mostly whole, while elite PAC brands merge...

Could happen... but I would read the thread on the CFB board about Pac 12 schools.

He also says ESPN’s business plan calls for a T2 games on ESPN+ and will be a component of all future contracts going forward. My bet is the Big 12 is the first.

On the record the Big 12 swears it won’t expand. But the math says it must or risk the future on the goodwill of ESPN. It has to look to the P12 first & exhaust all possibilities before looking elsewhere.

So why strengthen the P12 with a scheduling alliance that benefits the P12 far more than the Big 12?

Matt‏ @wvug12 10h10 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Should get Nebraska, T A&M, and Colorado back to the Big 12. Makes the most sense to me.

You cant force them...

Matt‏ @wvug12 10h10 hours ago
You can bribe them though

Unhinged Trump/AOC Hitler‏ @Unkle_Monkee 8h8 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Just stop

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Stop making sense? Never!

the doctor‏ @Spartan_buckeye 3h3 hours ago
I mean the sec doesn’t have a grant of rights. Why not LSU and bama

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Not that I want to add to the misery here but one Chris Lambert is crowing about predicting this:

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
If you understand the underlying economics of college football you are far, far ahead of traditional media.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
AAC TV contract will take a hit too. Not all members are created equally...

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Lost in the Connecticut discussion is the fact that ESPN just lost another property to Fox sports in the east

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
Good news for the AAC as Pete Thamel reports the AAC’s TV contract with ESPN lacks a termination clause. Also reports TV deal will not be significantly impacted. Be prepared for at least a $7M per year reduction that turns into a slight loss if the AAC replaces UConn.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
There are imaginary borders stipulated by the FCC that determine what games get broadcast in what market. UConn missed out on the B1G because the FCC included NYC as part of Rutgers home market but not UConn’s. Guess which school had better basket & football TV ratings.

AAC TV contract includes "fair negotiation" clause which effectively means the AAC and ESPN will haggle over UConn’s value in regards to any adjustment due to the Huskies leaving. Expect the contract to decrease at least by $7M & perhaps more.

For comparison the Big 12’s contract is terminated if Texas or OU leave.

Heads up to fans of the AAC.... there’s nobody who comes close to UConn’s value unless the AAC can convince Boise State to be the ultimate outlier. Buffalo is one possibility.

If I were in charge I would add Troy.

Sorry, forgot Army. Some are mentioning BYU but that’s not going to happen.

UConn made the right choice. Colleges & universities cannot continue to throw money away chasing P5 dreams. Millions taken from academics with no ROI.

I’m well aware of the intangible benefits of FBS football i.e. increased donations, increased applications etc. But those benefits elude G5 programs losing millions each year.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
ESPN may let the AAC keep full contract value but would require a GoR. That’s just me postulating based on ESPN’s prior behavior.

AAC fans had best be careful impugning UConn’s value. I believe UConn had the largest T3 contract in the AAC & that is a pretty good indicator of core value.

Pete Thamel reports AAC term sheet with ESPN includes membership provision. Deal isn’t terminated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My source heard that the Big 12 looked at the new locker room video as a statement of the University's commitment to football and were sold.

Of course my source is my neighbor's dog Sam. He's never been right yet, so I figure he's due.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not buying what he's selling but...

You ever wonder what this guy's day job is? He and the rest of them started posting nonsense in about 2010? That was 9 years ago, and they are all still posting the same crap. Why do they do it?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You ever wonder what this guy's day job is? He and the rest of them started posting nonsense in about 2010? That was 9 years ago, and they are all still posting the same crap. Why do they do it?
Attention. I was obsessed with first round of realignment when Miami left, I used to read about 20 team boards daily looking for information. I haven't looked at a single AAC board this time around, though.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Totally in need of attention. Living in Mom's basement is his day job.

Reaction Score
Where % is BTM on this sheet???

( wow seriously I cant even pretend to curse a little for effect without the editor getting involved?)

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
The tuxedo thing bothers me. I can't believe they make a tuxedo that small, and I don't believe a football insider would be caught dead in a tuxedo. It hurts his credibility even when his takes appear to be well researched and believable. I think if he went by Leisure Suit Yoda I might take him more seriously as a legitimate source. Or something like that. Jorts Yoda maybe.

Reaction Score

I wonder this every time these people get referenced.

What kind of psychosis allows you to lie for 10 years straight about anything, let alone something so niche that anyone finding and reading you has to know you're full of ..

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
But...

tweet deleted, what was it? Dave Borges misinterpreting it?

I have to re-read and review other clauses, but it says we can't talk to those conference about adding football-only until the date of entrance. So presumably we can talk to them July 1, 2020 about football only???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom