Non-Key Tweets | Page 621 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I love the Hokies, will never forget the tribute to 6 at their field!

If they are championing this 3 ball as a single voting unit and it passes, then all the Big 12 has to do is argue/negotiate on the fourth.
*Mountaineers

Reaction Score
anyone else find it odd that Flug has the supposed OU contacts but we never hear what OU wants?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Flugs is really hedging now with the multiple factions, and even hedging on whether it will happen at all. I can see them having some decisions to make if they were stopping at 2, but with 4, it would seem like the decision is pretty clear cut. He isn't even saying end of next week any more. He is pointing to 8/14, and still implying that the different teams have some work to do.

He claims Pickens wants Memphis, which explains why anyone would give two deuces about that community college that has lost every Final Four they have gone to because of NCAA violations and has sucked in football in forever.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Did I read it correctly that there was a parallel between Memphis and West Virginia??

Sure one is a perennial NCAAT team, had won 3 BCS games, has a big rabid fan base and is a state U. Other than that...pretty similiar.

Thus Memphis talk drives me absolutely nuts.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Flugs is really hedging now with the multiple factions, and even hedging on whether it will happen at all. I can see them having some decisions to make if they were stopping at 2, but with 4, it would seem like the decision is pretty clear cut. He isn't even saying end of next week any more. He is pointing to 8/14, and still implying that the different teams have some work to do.

He claims Pickens wants Memphis, which explains why anyone would give two deuces about that community college that has lost every Final Four they have gone to because of NCAA violations and has sucked in football in forever.
Ultimately, I think common sense and numbers sway the vote away from Memphis. If it's four, I think we are in. The question is how many of BYU, Cincy, and Houston are solidly ahead of us. UCF is a directional so they were just noise to begin with.

Reaction Score
Flugs is a slightly more sane troll from Minnesota. He is getting off on the attention. He is the dude in gopher clothes. I'll believe any of this when I hear it from a reputable source

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Flugs is a slightly more sane troll from Minnesota. He is getting off on the attention. He is the dude in gopher clothes. I'll believe any of this when I hear it from a reputable source

Have you read the reputable sources? Most of them simply regurgitate whatever the local AD wants them to say, because if you are a local sports writer, you are 100% dependent for your paycheck on the relationship you have with the local pro teams and college athletic departments. The national reporters are lazy.

I don't know if Flugs is right nor not, but there isn't a "go to" media source that has provided any better insight in the last 5 years of realignment.

Reaction Score
Have you read the reputable sources? Most of them simply regurgitate whatever the local AD wants them to say, because if you are a local sports writer, you are 100% dependent for your paycheck on the relationship you have with the local pro teams and college athletic departments. The national reporters are lazy.

I don't know if Flugs is right nor not, but there isn't a "go to" media source that has provided any better insight in the last 5 years of realignment.
I hear you, but I can make eloquent statements to make people happy as well. Total crap if you ask me. If he is right and we are in then I will buy many rounds at the tilted kilt a half mile from my house

Reaction Score
Only 15% of Memphis students graduate in 4 years. 87% of students don't even live on campus.

DEAR GOD BIG 12 PRESIDENTS HAVE AT LEAST SOME MORALS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

lol and it's 40% after six years. That's completely laughable.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
BTM:OU Contacts
"Chances of negotations with TV partners ending with results of extra money for 10 current schools for extra $ is zero"

"All roads to negotations go through Fenves & Boren. Fenves owns the stop signs, Boren owns the Pay Road Tolls.

"There is a dollar figure which could stop Big 12 expansion, but everyone knows FOX & ESPN can't give that figure"
Why?...

BTM:OU Contacts:
"FOX & ESPN can't give the figure to stop Big 12 expansion because the figure would send B10 & SEC knocking on their doors"

"Delany has not crossed all the "t's" and "I's" on new Media contract. FOX & ESPN can't fluff up value of B12 current 10."

"Other reasons why extra $ to stay at 10 won't be end result. It's not what Boren wants. Will not leave table without EXP."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48m48 minutes ago
"FOX & ESPN are trying to shave the payouts for 2 or 4 additions.This is a viable option..B12 is willing to listen on this"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48m48 minutes ago
"Serious issues on concept of only 2 additions internally in Big 12. There are more than 2 factions in B12."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 47m47 minutes ago
"Horse Trading votes on candidates is not limited to 2 different factions. This is the ultimate truth internally in B12"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
"An agreed shaved payouts to 4 additions from TV partners to Conference has the "thread the needle" push.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
"Fenves owns the stop signs. He can still conjure up 3 votes to stop all. Boren owns the negotations on payouts"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
BTM:OU Contact
"Selection of candidates is being discussed but with multiple factions promoting different directions"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
"West Virginia has been promoting the additions of Houston, Cincinnatti & UCONN"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 35m35 minutes ago
"BYU has multiple schools promoting them. Data is very kind to BYU."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
"Important people (or should I say person) around Oklahoma State is promoting Memphis and Cincinnatti"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
BTM: OU Contacts
"The momentum on expansion has a certain shelf life. Boren knows this and will push for resolution by end of next week"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 30m30 minutes ago
"We do not believe the push for resolution by mid August (Aug14) is a negotation tactic toward TV partners"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
BTM:OU Contact
"We do not believe selected additions will be based on who agreed to shorter haircuts on Conference scheduled payouts"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 25m25 minutes ago
"We still believe UH/UC/UCONN/BYU voting slate is the direction which can secure 8 votes each for each insitution"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
"We have no reason to believe a UH/Cincinatti slate can secure 8 votes each. Been told UH wouldn't come close to needed 8"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15m15 minutes ago
@Batty_Moy @DooleyMcStitch @caingle
It does surprise me OU contacts never mention UCF.
Will see...

Reaction Score
Only 15% of Memphis students graduate in 4 years. 87% of students don't even live on campus.

DEAR GOD BIG 12 PRESIDENTS HAVE AT LEAST SOME MORALS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Sorry, (former) President Ken Starr of the Baylor University is not able to answer your questions on morality right now as he is teaching a class on ethics right now, in front of a grand jury.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The best news is if the Big 12 really can't get paid to sit tight, then sitting tight became a lot less likely.

It is either BYU, UConn and Cincinati fighting for 2 spots, or we are safe as 1 of 4. I can't imagine there being 8 "yes" votes for Memphis. I would be amazed if there were 3.

Reaction Score
I know WVU would like to have eastern partners. I'm assuming the UH support is for Texas, who was instrumental in getting us in over Loserville. Here's hoping you guys get in!

Reaction Score
Above all keep Texas and Oklahoma happy. I don't understand Pickens' fascination with Memphis. He and Fred Smith must be pals? I would be majorly disappointed if they are added. Even Colorado State makes more sense than them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hold on a damned minute. They said "the hay is in the barn."?

It doesn't get any more definitive than that.
Ah but they never gave the counter sign, which, I believe, is "The drapes match the carpet."

It's not real if the drapes and carpet don't match.

(Edit - Thanks Chin)

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Hold on a damned minute. They said "the hay is in the barn."?

It doesn't get any more definitive than that.
more like the head is up the @$$

Reaction Score
Cincinnati insider:

He seems to know the logic of the parties, but he is probably 2 steps removed from the decisions makers. A few weeks ago he was pitching ACC Apocalypse scenarios, and now Tulane. I am skeptical.
Which begs the question, does UConn have an insider? Besides Chief of course.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

kick potential... rising...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom