Non-Key Tweets | Page 743 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Big 12 & ESPN take the first step to oust Fox. DAZN will join partnership & broadcast content post 2025.

ME: If anyone has hours to read through the spin and drivel over today's Big 12 then you can't "go wrong" with this batch of text.

Anyone planning to read straight through this opus is advised now to fill up the tank and take advantage of the nearest rest room. What an exhausting and unfilling journey that was.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Anyone planning to read straight through this opus is advised now to fill up the tank and take advantage of the nearest rest room. What an exhausting and unfilling journey that was.

Lol. At first I thought you meant this thread and I was like “I don’t think my tank is big enough.”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This fecal matter bores me. If I see a long post containing The DoWV, Flug, or MV3, I simply do a page search for "Conn." Finding none, I move on. Inevitably, a summary will surface.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This fecal matter bores me. If I see a long post containing The DoWV, Flug, or MV3, I simply do a page search for "Conn." Finding none, I move on. Inevitably, a summary will surface.
If there is one conclusion here over the past 5+ years it’s this; they know nothing - at least nothing that matters. You’ll never be smarter for reading any of their drivel. It can always be safely skipped.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You’ll never be smarter for reading any of their drivel. It can always be safely skipped.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Or can it?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
Let's talk about the Big 12's future for a bit, but with a caveat... what follows is for entertainment purposes only. I have reason to believe what I'm about to write is possible if not probable but there are a lot of if then statements required.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
1. I have a high degree of confidence that the Big 12 will sign a new TV OTA TV deal with ESPN and a partner other than Fox before 2025 and that TV deal with keep the Big 12 3rd in terms of revenue and serve to keep the conf. whole with one exception.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
2. I have a high degree of confidence that the new TV deal will include T3 rights for football and Basketball TV games which means the Big 12 will need to expand to keep a new partner like ESPN+ or DAZN happy.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
3. I also have a high degree of confidence that they Big 12 tries to pull Arizona and Arizona State from the Pac 12 and the success of that endeavor depends on how the Pac 12 is able to patch its holes & is Scott is retained.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
4. I have a high degree of confidence that if the Big 12 can't pull two Pac 12 schools away that BYU and UCF will be the additions.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
5. I have a high degree of confidence that WVU will not be a member of the Big 12 post 2025 if ESPN gets its way and the ACC invites WVU before ND joins as a full member. In that case BYU replaces WVU.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
6. I have a high degree of confidence that BYU will have first shot to replace a departing WVU (if that happens) provided their LGBT policies are inline with peers in the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 9m9 minutes ago
7. Take note that circumstances may/are likely to/most certainly will change. The situation is fluid and what I've tweeted today is for discussion only to fill the void between now and August. But my confidence that the scenarios I just posted are accurate is very high.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
I am dead certain that UConn, UH and UC are not on the Big 12's radar at all. The only g5 program with a shot is UCF.

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush 3m3 minutes ago
I personally think that UCF and Houston should be added regardless of whether it's possible to entice the Arizona schools to join. That would be icing on the cake and get the conference back to 12 teams. The BXII could join the other P5 conferences and go to 14 with UCLA & USC

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
Replying to @Expansion_Crush
UH will next get the votes even if they are deserving. OU, TTU, TCU, OKST... just about all the Big 12 members do not want UH being elevated to p5 status for obvious reasons. Protect your turf is the #1 rule.

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush 2m2 minutes ago
Booo!!

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 36s36 seconds ago
Same reason WVU is dead set against UC. Not in my backyard.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
How times have changed... more WVU fans doubt the ACC's interest in WVU than ACC fans.

#YAWOOCOUGARBASKETBALL‏ @rudyywcf 2m2 minutes ago
Ugh...not this again

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 1m1 minute ago
Replying to @rudyywcf
Think about it... don't make me spell it out for you. Think about how BYU would add value to the Big 12 given the deal with ESPN and a new OTA contract. Just suspend your disbelief and think about it.

#YAWOOCOUGARBASKETBALL‏ @rudyywcf 32s32 seconds ago
Oh, I just meant B12 expansion talk in general. I am in agreement with you that UH's future is not in the B12

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 22s23 seconds ago
Replying to @rudyywcf
Follow the logic... who does BYU already have a contract with? Who has a large displaced fan base not centralized by state, FCC transmission lines or DMA? Who would easily and eagerly pay $5 and or $15 a month to see their team play in the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 33s34 seconds ago
Replying to @rudyywcf
Which major program, not affiliated with a P5 conference is not considered a G5 program? Do you really think the Big 12 would have enough content to offer an online parter such as DAZN without expansion?

Replying to @rudyywcf
BYU had a LGBT problem during the Baylor scandal. Plus BYU wasn't the problem at 11.

Replying to @rudyywcf
I personally would be surprised if BYU doesn't kick off the 2025 season as member of the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks that ASU & UofA are leaving the PAC for the B12 should immediately be committed to a mental institution. Leaving the California schools would be a death sentence for both schools.

I would bet that better than 50% of both schools athletes come from California and a very significant portion of the general student bodies do as well.

Reaction Score
I have a high degree of confidence that whenever the B1G and SEC decide they are done expanding is when the Big 12 can make decisions on final members of their conference.

Reaction Score
I like his "theory" that ESPN is desperately trying to drive the big time (and not at all redundant) WVU market into the ACC... ahead of any movement by Notre Dame to join for all sports.

Reaction Score
I like his "theory" that ESPN is desperately trying to drive the big time (and not at all redundant) WVU market into the ACC... ahead of any movement by Notre Dame to join for all sports.

Meanwhile the football head coach high tails it out of the big time to the AAC. Of course in hindsight, they were trying to get rid of him.

Reaction Score

RedDirtSport ‏ @RedDirtSport 5h5 hours ago
RedDirtSport Retweeted Awful Announcing

Terms of this deal really make me think its about the "other 8" . No one is sinking money into this league until OU decides what its doing with its Tier 3 in 24 months If it signs a long term deal for Tier 3 - then the money will come, if not 2025 is gonna be messy

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @RedDirtSport
Absolutely correct. But don’t anticipate Oklahoma to sign any 3T deal past June 30th, 2025. Keeping Exit Ramps wide open.

Reaction Score
And, just like that, the Flug jumps right back on the UH bandwagon...:rolleyes:

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
ESPN offered to take Pac12N off the hands of the Pac 12 in return for a long-term deal to 2035. The Pac 12 refused. ESPN will offer the Big 12 a long-term "Security" deal too. The question is how much and will the Big 12 bite before 2024?

Replying to @theDudeofWV
No.

@theDudeofWV Why would PAC agree to long term Tier 1/2 deal with Disney or anyone else until they discover the deal Big Ten receives after 2022? OU & UT will not do anything long term...will not close any exit ramps off HWY Big 12 until decision time. Which isn’t now.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
BTM

“The question is not if the University of Houston will ever be invited into a Power 5 Conference, but only which Power 5 Conference the University of Houston will enter and when does it officially happen.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Dinner with BTM: May 25th Subjects:

*Big Ten discussions on Divisions.
*Status of Illinois Hockey (Donations)
*New Big 12 deal with Disney (ESPN+)
*PAC NewCo developments
*University of Houston’s undeniable future elevation

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
We will discuss on May 25th.

All those scenarios during last possible Big 12 Expansion all came down to Texas/ESPN giving nod of approval. Came down to horse trading votes if Texas/ESPN ever gave thumbs up.

Thumbs up never happened.

But UH will get beyond being under a thumb.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
University of Houston will get beyond being beholden to 1 particular Conference and 1 or 2 particular power plays within the 1 particular Conference.

According to BTM there is great optimism in City of Houston for their University.

We will discuss why on May 25th.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would agree that if one G5 team is making a leap to P5 it’s probably Houston.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wait... Whaler is Big Ten Man?!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Houston is just the Flavor of the Month. Five years ago it was SMU, then Houston, then UCF, now Houston again. No.1 reason UConn needs to right the ship in the two sports that matter.

Reaction Score
I think Dana Holgorsen will do well recruiting out of Houston...will build a good program.

Reaction Score
I would agree that if one G5 team is making a leap to P5 it’s probably Houston.

Unless the B12 gets raided where are they going?

No chance at B1G or SEC. PAC isn't taking them unless it's in some combo w/Texas which I don't see happening. And if they ever become Notre Dame's plus 1 to the ACC then it's time to shut it all down at UConn

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless the B12 gets raided where are they going?

No chance at B1G or SEC. PAC isn't taking them unless it's in some combo w/Texas which I don't see happening. And if they ever become Notre Dame's plus 1 to the ACC then it's time to shut it all down at UConn

I don’t think anyone is going anywhere but if you said who is the best G5 candidate for the P5 I’d answer Houston. Don’t think it’s close.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone is going anywhere but if you said who is the best G5 candidate for the P5 I’d answer Houston. Don’t think it’s close.

I would agree with both of those statements.

The only way we see any movement is if the B1G or SEC decide, or are told by their TV partners, that adding current P5 schools up the ante. Then we will see some back-filling to the conferences that get raided

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom