Non-Key Tweets | Page 742 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That WVDude guy is ridiculous. I think he is disgruntled that neither the B1G or the ACC wanted WVU. At least they landed in the Big 12. UConn would take that in a heartbeat.
Heck we'd take PAC12. Hmm, maybe we should pony up and buy their equity offering and then invite ourselves!

#hostiletakeover

Reaction Score
I had to laugh when i read the Duds comments about Espn overpaying for content, while Fox does not. He's obviously not real familiar with the new Big East basketball contract and their ratings.

Reaction Score
Moonshine time

1552256967718.png

CL82

Reaction Score
1552340770046.png

Andrew George CR genius.

Reaction Score
So much stupid on Twitter
You should see some of the people who post on college basketball related stuff on facebook, the uconn mens basketball page, ncaa march madness page, etc. Hint: It is pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
The only way the Pac 12 holds it together is by firing Larry Scott immediately.

Replying to @flugempire @Expansion_Crush
Thanks for that... its fun watching another conf. start to fracture.

Greg... honest question here... how much money would USC add to the Big 12? Add USC & Stanford. Checks almost all the boxes the B1G requires. Push revenues in the $65M range I think. Big 12 takes Cal, Col, Arizona State & Arizona. Just thinking out loud.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush
Would Big 12 gain leverage with potential Media partners if USC and Stanford join the Conference as 11 & 12?.....hell yes. Do I see USC & Stanford Presidents, Boosters and Faculty interested as of yet?....no.

PAC Presidents with their AD’s are working it hard to keep unity.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
My intention was to point out the opportunity P12 issues present to the B1G. If the B1G were looking to expand, and I don’t believe they are, that USC, Stanford & a few others present a better road to profit than expanding with anyone else but UT.

I meant B1G. Of course they are working hard to save their conf.

I don’t think Big Ten has any design on becoming a Conference in 3 different time zones.

Nobody does. Thats why the P12 is in trouble. I wasn’t suggesting anything of the like only wondering about the value of all those California cable homes at whatever fee.

USC would give anyone a boost in overall value. If I was Big 12 it’s the target I would go after...the #1 target. Los Angeles is the #1 City with most Big Ten Alumni outside of current Big Ten Country...but I don’t think Big Ten is interested in trying to monetize the city.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
B10 has sniffed around the buffs. That game in Lincoln last fall and the return trip this fall has brought back that special feeling for Alums.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @flugempire @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush
It will be interesting to see how far that unity extends. I think there is strong unity among the four California schools Or and WU but part of the pac12 problem is duplication of markets.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 1h1 hour ago
One of my favorite crazy but sorta plausible realignment scenarios is and en bloc departure of the top schools in the Pac 12 to the big 10. They are all great research schools and AAU. They fit the profile.

CL82

Reaction Score
USC & Stanford to the Big 12? Not happening... but if it were:

1. Big 12 gets stabilized so we don't have to worry about losing teams to them.
2. Oklahoma and Texas to the B1G, if that were actually thing, evaporates. UConn is one of the more attractive targets left.

Not happening, but interesting within the world of imaginary conference realignment.

Reaction Score

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @RedDirtSport
Oklahoma has made it clear. OU wants to have their 3rd Tier content bundled with Conference mates to monetize its value to its highest level $ + Exposure. But OU is not interest in bundling their 3rd Tier content in Big 12 without UT’s content included. Nothing has changed.

RedDirtSport ‏ @RedDirtSport 2h2 hours ago
I'd say the others bundling together is a nice canary in the coal mine tho

RedDirtSport ‏ @RedDirtSport 2h2 hours ago
Thats good for them

You are correct. The other 8 were able to get away from their individual 3T rights (which the value of these rights were always overplayed) and have their content bundled to maximize their value. The other 8 will spend $ on production with ESPN+ which is not out of the norm.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
For those of you who were unaware Fox had the right to buy back any T3 football game for the Big 12. The deal with ESPN+ ends that relationship.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Two major points. 1) Thank God for the 8 Big 12 schools they were able to ditch, in time, their individual 3T rights which were low on exposure and overplayed on $. 2) Oklahoma has no interest in bundling their 3T content with ESPN+/Big 12 without UT inclusion.

Dennis Dodd‏Verified account @dennisdoddcbs 1h1 hour ago
Dennis Dodd Retweeted Ralph D. Russo

This is repurposing the one fb game each school controls. Having them on ESPN+ makes it a quasi network partner IMO. Texas (LHN) and Oklahoma (FSSW) already have own networks (de facto for OU).

Replying to @dennisdoddcbs
But Oklahoma’s current contract with FSSW is up very soon yet they did not want to roll their 3T content into ESPN+ with the other 8. This is the story.

OU and UT To B1G‏ @Genetics56 1h1 hour ago
Yep, that's the story on this.

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @flugempire @dennisdoddcbs
I think you're reading too much into that. OU has an obligation to keep that football game on FSSW. KU for example owns its own network and that makes it easy to move to ESPN+.

RedDirtSport ‏ @RedDirtSport 1h1 hour ago
RedDirtSport Retweeted William Horsley

Bad news fren. OU is taking a portion of this pie and still getting your 50 bucks

Oklahoma, according to this agreement, won’t be playing any home games on ESPN+. ESPN+ is not the home of Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier content.

Exactly. OU Tier 3 home isnt bound with this

It simply means UT is sticking with the LHN (no shocker here) and OU is keeping their relationship with FOX. FOX will depart from the Big 12. Otherwise they would have just signed the deal with ESPN+. 8 Big 12 schools join AAC eventually.

I meant OU department from Big 12, not FOX. FOX will keep Big 12 Tier 1&2 rights for football.

RedDirtSport Retweeted William Horsley

Away games will be, I promise you now like 95% of OU's softball season will be viewable now

So how much is the other 8 getting in this contract with ESPN+ (minus production costs) without being able to include UT & OU 3rd Tier content?

My reading of it - Its a 40 million per year deal for 5 years. So 3-4 million per school

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
Yes, I just read that myself. Minus the production costs which the 8 will have to pay ESPN+. Decent deal for the other 8. But Oklahoma rejecting ESPN and keeping its relationship with FOX is the biggest story for the future coming out of all of this.

BucsHawks‏ @BucsHawk 17m17 minutes ago
If true that is a pay cut for KU. I would have to find the article but under KUs agreement with ESPN, for ESPN+ 1 FB game, 6 bball games and all non revenue was between 7-8 mil and that ESPN was absorbing almost all the production cost because they were getting so much content.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 41m41 minutes ago
Significance of the new Big 12 deal with ESPN+ are 2 fold.

1) The other 8 increased exposure for many of their 3T content.

2) Oklahoma rejected Disney in rolling their future 3T content with ESPN+ after current 3T deal with FSSW is finished...keeps relationship with FOX.

Original Thi‏ @FL_Hawk25 17m17 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire
I don’t see how this is good at all for KU. Everything was already on ESPN+

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 33m33 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire
The Jayhawk Network which was being produced by ESPN and already distributed on ESPN+. They had 6 bball games (2 exhibition and 4 non con) that were broadcast locally so those are now moving solely to ESPN+. Easy move. If content was being produced by Fox it's a different story.

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 36m36 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire
The OU content was being produced by Fox Sports, the other 8 schools content was being produced by ESPN or internally. I think you're reading too much into this.

BucsHawks‏ @BucsHawk 10m10 minutes ago
Exactly, looking at the price tag it looks like KU is getting the same deal they already had but for less money.

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @BucsHawk @flugempire
I doubt they took less money.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Big 12 & ESPN take the first step to oust Fox. DAZN will join partnership & broadcast content post 2025.

VB02Danger‏ @VB02Danger 5h5 hours ago
How does that work with the current Tier 3 deal? Is this more revenue for WVU?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @VB02Danger
Yes. ESPN purchased the 1 football game awarded B12 schools not Texas and a few of the 4 basketball games as part of the TV deal. Plus giveaway non-revenue sports.

VB02Danger‏ @VB02Danger 4h4 hours ago
So those are the games not already in WVU Tier 3?

I don't follow... TV games as part of the T3 package were 1 football game and up to 4 basketball games for each school except UT received 2 football games. IMG paid WVU for the T3 games but Fox had the right to buy the 1 football game.

VB02Danger‏ @VB02Danger 4h4 hours ago
Thanks. I think I understand now. I know some Big12 schools had better Tier 3 deals than others.

Texas, OU, WVU in that order. The price for the football games was set in the OTA contract. This deal gives Big 12 just a bit more.

Chuck Carlton‏Verified account @ChuckCarltonDMN 5h5 hours ago
Chuck Carlton Retweeted John Ourand

Official announcement expected this morning. Price tag is $40 million for the additional football championship games and ESPN+ on top of the current deal that runs $2024-25.

Replying to @ChuckCarltonDMN
Important to note that money is additional to ESPN's share. Combined payout from ESPN/Fox for Big 12 rights is over $22M. ESPN is also buying rights to the single T3 football game awarded to Big 12 schools other than Texas with OU's excepted.

LAT‏ @letsgomtnrs 5h5 hours ago
So... Did WVU but out IMG for these rights or is the contact ended??

No, contract is concurrent with Big 12 deal. Technically IMG owns the rights to the T3 content but resales them. WVU gets a portion of that plus what IMG pays as part of their contract.

The Big 12 has its network. DAZN joins the party in 2025. Expansion is now alive and well again for the Big 12.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Big 12 minus Oklahoma

Nicholas Holman‏ @hjnick01 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
How much is the Big XII getting $$$ for this? Is it going to only be divided between the ‘other 8 schools’???

All are participating. OU's ONE football game will not be on ESPN+ but a few basketball games will.

Ok, sorry for my dense-ness, but is this deal ‘in addition’ to the current T3 deals each school has or is this deal ‘replacing’ the current T3 deals each individual school created for themselves?

It only concerns TV... Each Big 12 school had rights to 1 football game and 4 basketball games.

22 million a year for 8 football games and 32 basketball games doesnt sound lime much of a deal... or am i missing something?

For those of you who were unaware Fox had the right to buy back any T3 football game for the Big 12. The deal with ESPN+ ends that relationship.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Two major points.

1) Thank God for the 8 Big 12 schools they were able to ditch, in time, their individual 3T rights which were low on exposure and overplayed on $.

2) Oklahoma has no interest in bundling their 3T content with ESPN+/Big 12 without UT inclusion.

Barrett Johnson‏ @bjohnson32806 3h3 hours ago
That’s the story, Oklahoma and TX keep one foot out the door.

Wrong. Can't you read?

Allen Kenney‏ @BlatantHomerism 5h5 hours ago
This new deal between the big 12 and ESPN feels kind of important to conference’s future

Replying to @BlatantHomerism
Just the first step. DAZN is willing to step in for rights 2025 and beyond. DAZN and ESPN are in a partnership.

mattdubya‏ @mattdubya 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @BlatantHomerism
good to see the dude is back with flat out made up . LOL

Really? Go back and read... educate they self.

Those of you who follow me for expansion know I was discussing the Big 12-Fox freeze and the likelihood of a deal with ESPN and a defacto online Big 12 network for months.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Big news is that OU isn’t a part of this deal...

Not really... OU doesn't have a buyback provision. They are participating with everything else.

Ralph D. Russo‏Verified account @ralphDrussoAP 5h5 hours ago
Interesting piece of the new Big 12/ESPN deal. Includes one football game per school per year exclusively on ESPN+, starting in 2020, except for Texas (LHN) and Oklahoma.

Replying to @ralphDrussoAP
Fox previously had the right of first refusal for Big 12 T3 football games for everyone except Texas, Oklahoma and WVU. Texas has LHN, Oklahoma does a locally produced game they also offer for pay-per-view and IMG owned WVU's single T3 football game. Texas had 2 T3 games for LHN.

BucsHawks‏ @BucsHawk 4h4 hours ago
You forgot Kansas, their agreement was never with FOX. The one football game they controlled was already on ESPN+.

Mark Ennis‏ @MarkEnnis
If I’m understanding the expanded Big 12 rights announcement, ESPN and ESPN+ are creating a sort of backdoor Big 12 Network for the non-Texas/Oklahoma teams.

Ralph D. Russo‏Verified account @ralphDrussoAP 4h4 hours ago
Ralph D. Russo Retweeted Mark Ennis

Yes. Kind of like the AAC touting its deal with ESPN plus as a digital network.

Please note the Big 12 deal with ESPN+ is just T3 content that Fox previously held the option on televising. The price for those T3 games are set in the OTA deal. The real money is for the CCG OTA broadcast. Keep it in perspective.

If you want to make a comparison its more like the ACC's digital network.

The deal with ESPN+ is the first step. More changes coming. Possible expansion or relationship with the Pac 12 is the next step.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
Every time you say possible expansion with the PAC-12, I get very nervous... I do not want to merge with all of the PAC! Too many teams that don’t pull their weight. Only want teams that will improve the Big XII, drop the rest. Plus west coast time sucks badly!

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
I agree on the time zone.

$22M for 6 years = $132M in new money for the Big 12.

Bryan Shaw‏ @BGoGolf 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Did any other conferences lock down additional revenues with similar deals?

Yea... with a conference network.

So far only one outlet (Saturday Down South) has truly understood the significance of the Big 12's new deal with ESPN+. Think about it folks...

Michael Clark‏ @mchclark 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
What article are you referring to from SDS? I looked and didn't see this news anywhere in there sure.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 4h4 hours ago
So for years, the Big 12 schools were able to work their own Tier 3 rights individually, and find the deal that was best for them. For WVU, that often meant a deal with AT&T Pittsburgh. But now, the non-Texas/OU B12 schools are clumping their T3 with ESPN+? Not sure I like this.

Replying to @HoneyRoyPalmer
You should... ESPN is paying more than Root Sports did... it means $2.2M more for WVU each year.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 4h4 hours ago
Adam Retweeted Adam

To me, this just makes the Big 12’s T3 right’s look like that of every other P5 league, only..... 1) The Big 12 doesn’t have their own network. 2) We’re excluding our two most profitable schools from the deal. Just don’t really see how any of this is a good thing.

It is... It's the start... consider it the cornerstone for the future of the Big 12. It's $132M in new money. UT and OU are participating as much as they can contractually.

WVU_Forever‏ @forever_wvu 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @HoneyRoyPalmer
We saw this movie before with unequal revenue sharing. A conference needs to be ALL in.

Adam, if you are a fan of the Big 12 this deal is great news.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 4h4 hours ag
Replying to @theDudeofWV
If push ever comes to shove, with anything expansion related, I fully expect ESPN to back the ACC, SEC, or Big 10 over the Big 12.

We’ll see how this goes, but for now, count me as being a little skeptical.

Lot's of misunderstanding about the Big 12's deal.

1. The T3 games handed to ESPN+ are the same games that Fox had the rights to prior. If Fox passed then the schools could sell the games. Most appeared on FS1. WVU's was also on a regional Fox Network... Root.. then AT&T.

2. Texas and OU's football T3 games will not be on ESPN+ because of existing contracts. Basketball will be... olympic sports will be for OU.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
I see nothing in any press releases that shows any OU home games in any sport being added to ESPN+.

8 Big 12 schools will provide over 50 events a year on ESPN+.

OU is not involved. OU road games will appear of course..but no rights that they own will show up on ESPN+.

Looks like things are being set up for a couple of teams to exit. Keep in mind KU already had a tier 3 contract with ESPN

Not even close... UT has a contract with LHN. OU has a regional contract. OU basketball will be on ESPN+ as well as olympic sports.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @flugempire
The arrangement will allow for live game broadcasts of Oklahoma men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball and Olympic sports as well as pregame and postgame shows for football games, FB coach Bob Stoops’ weekly television show and coverage of the annual spring FB game.

This arrangement is the sooner sports tv contract with fox. Not ESPN +

Yep.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @flugempire
Football games are not part of sooner sports TV

OU produces one football game per year they receive back from the Big 12's OTA contract. Only 1 game per year is possible for this new deal per school. UT and OU's game - thru 2024 - are contractually obligated.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub
Where does it say any of Oklahoma’s home games will be on ESPN+? ESPN own release spells it out. 8 schools providing over 50 live events a year each..school’s providing production. Oklahoma is not in this deal.

3. WVU is not losing money. They are adding... WVU's T3 football game never passed to IMG because Fox opted to show it on Root/ATT. 90% certain of that...

4. This is limited content. Basically ESPN is paying for the CCG and taking over from Fox as distributor for T3 games. The $ for those games is set in the OTA contract.

5. this is the first move of the Big 12 going all in with ESPN. Fox will not likely be part of the TV's next TV contract. There will be significantly more money for the conference and a Big 12 network. Most likely expansion and worldwide distribution on an outlet like DAZN.

6. Don't get upset about the basketball games. The T3 games didn't really make money anyway.

Look guys... for schools not UT, OU or WVU the new contract is a boon. It's a push for WVU in terms of TV money for its football game but the money for the CCG makes up for the push.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Do I have this right? ACC T3: ACCN Big 10 T3: BTN SEC T3: SECN Big 12 T3: ESPN+

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 54m54 minutes ago
Yes. BUT... ACCN started out as ACC Digital. Nobody cared. Big 12 cannot have its own conf network because of LHN. A Big 12 branded ESPN+ is the next best thing. WVU brokered this deal.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 15m15 minutes ago
I get that we can’t have a Big 12 Network as long as LHN exists. But for the most part, the common fan around the country doesn’t know that and doesn’t care. All they’ll see is that games from other leagues are easily accessible on TV, while the B12 is behind an online paywall.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
Well, $132M is better than 0.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 3m3 minutes ago
(And under the old T3 system, WVU and every other B12 school was doing way better than 0. It may not have been 132M collectively, but WVU had a nice T3 setup.)

Ted Adams‏ @TheTaterman 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Actually, KU is going to be getting less money than their Tier 3 rights currently pay them, so I guess they are giving up $$$ for the good of the conference similar to WVU and OU to some extent. UT, I assume, will be worked in when LHN expires in 2021.

It's a base number and the money for the CCG will go up. But what you mean is that KU may make less on four basketball games but more than double their money on the one football game.

I'm just comparing $22M bump from ESPN per year against ~$10M per year KU is currently making on Tier 3. That math doesn't look that good for KU.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 55m55 minutes ago
Apples to oranges... a T3 deal includes more than 1 T3 football game and at least 4 basketball games.

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 19m19 minutes ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Meh. I’m not a fan of anything that gives the perception that the other leagues have a better setup than the B12. I’m not as concerned about the money that this ESPN+ deal gives the Big 12 as I am about the perception.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
Well, if a conference network is impossible because of LHN the perception should be the Big 12 finally came together and made a move that improves their relationship with ESPN and put $132M of new money (base minimum) in their pockets. How can that be perceived badly?

Adam‏ @HoneyRoyPalmer 12m12 minutes ago
That might look good today, while everyone is reading the articles. But by the time these games are actually on TV or online, few people will remember or care at that point, I’m afraid.

The most important takeaway from the Big 12's deal with ESPN is that ESPN and the Big 12 are all in with each other. This deal is a precursor to a much larger deal that will but the Big 12 on par with the B1G, SEC and ACC.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
Even with the ACCN, the B12 is going to be closer to SEC/B10 money than ACC will be. You have to wonder if this spells the beginning of real talks with ASU/AZ or even BYU/CIN again. P12 is sinking...badly. Now would be a good time to make that move for the B12, in my opinion.

No G5 schools... BYU is not considered a G5 school.

Travis E 〽️bacher‏ @TEmbacher 52m52 minutes ago
This may be a stupid question, but since we’re going all in with ESPN, how does this impact future expansion?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 52m52 minutes ago
Replying to @TEmbacher
Well, let me answer with this... the Big 12 accepted ESPN's offer while the Pac 12 turned it down? Poaching is very difficult but the Big 12 going all in with ESPN makes it easier.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 51m51 minutes ago
Just for context... The Big 12 was the only P5 conference with T3 content available for ESPN+. Because LHN made a Big 12 network impossible this deal is the next best thing.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
WVU is pushing to local media how much the deal with ESPN+ enhances the conferences bargaining power for the next OTA contract.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 36m36 minutes ago
It doesn’t when FOX is all out on the content. ESPN is bidding against itself. ESPN wanted to lock up the digital content like they did with the AAC. This likely means that the league won’t be constructed in the same fashion the next time. It’s a bone to keep most of the teams

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 34m34 minutes ago
Replying to @NebGradDubDub
Doug, WVU is making a point to local media about what the deal really means. They wouldn't go out of their way to stress the next OTA contract and that Texas and OU are part of this.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 35m35 minutes ago
Replying to @NebGradDubDub
They didn't lock up content. They added on to the current contract and purchased T3 content. OU and Texas were a big part of the decision on this lead by WVU's Gee. It solidifies the Big 12's position with ESPN.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
Why was Oklahoma part of this decision? They are not participating at all in this deal.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 46m46 minutes ago
Even more context... The Mormon church's recent decision on gay marriage improves BYU's position with the Big 12. ESPN would love to see BYU in the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 46m46 minutes ago
Personally I would consider BYU as the prime candidate to replace WVU in the Big 12 if the Mountaineers can manage a move to the ACC.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 40m40 minutes ago
Replying to @TEmbacher
Serious answer. I really don't expect Fox to be part of the Big 12's next TV deal. So who partners with ESPN. My money is on John Skipper's new company, funded by an oligarch, DAZN. DAZN is going to pay super premium money for the only P5 conference with content available.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
Replying to @TEmbacher
If DAZN bites then expansion is almost a given because ESPN will get the first choice of inventory and DAZN will want more than KU football games for the money they will bring to the table. The Pac 12's decision to turn down ESPN in favor of an investor was just plain crazy.

Ted Adams‏ @TheTaterman 39m39 minutes ago
If WVU stays put (my opinion), who, other than BYU, makes sense. How about a list of 4 in most likely order?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
Replying to @TheTaterman
Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado. ESPN might be more open to G5 schools than Fox but not those in ACC or SEC territory. WVU will not accept Cincy. So who's left? UConn is not an option. UCF would be except they would compete both with SEC and ACC in Florida.

Ted Adams‏ @TheTaterman 22m22 minutes ago
Aside from the financial issue with Cincy, what is WVU's beef with them? Recruiting territory?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
WVU does not want to elevate a G5 program to P5 status who is that close regionally.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 34m34 minutes ago
You have to strain to spin the Big 12's add-on deal with ESPN as a negative.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
It's a good day for the Big 12. So stop looking for portends of doom in the silver clouds.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Nebraska and Ohio State have massive deals with IMG. Those numbers are never shown. Nebraska is 8.4 million a year.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
Apples to pineapples

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 12m12 minutes ago
Replying to @NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV
We all have 3T money coming from outside our TV only with BTN. It’s why BTN is so incredibly valuable because it gives us exposure + 9 mil for TV only for 3T content.

#Retire5‏ @wbgv1863 4h4 hours ago
So this new tv deal is basically saying there’s a new Big 12 network, expect its for non-OU/TX fans, correct? @theDudeofWV

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
No. The deal with ESPN putting T3 games on ESPN includes UT & OU just not for their T3 football game because its already contractually obligated.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @wbgv1863
Not true Dude. No OU home games, ganes they maintain 3T rights, will be put on ESPN+.

Where are you getting your info Chris?

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 8m8 minutes ago
Road games, I would assume is the meaning..? As Oklahoma, & Texas, will now appear on all XII road games/ LHN is no longer an issue for UT on road games... By the way ESPN currently owns that FS-Oklahoma branded network, not FOX, I believe...

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
It’s not like Oklahoma owns right to their road games. Oklahoma owns their 3T rights to their home games in all of their Olympic sports, 3T content (FB/BB)

Oklahoma is not giving up their 3rd Tier content which they own the rights to toward ESPN+.

None of it.

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 15m15 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire @theDudeofWV @wbgv1863
The wording on your end: "They are not participating at all in this deal." Which literally, the Sooners are, now a team that is not participating at all - would be an ol' XII member, Nebraska @ $51m. from B1G.... Oklahoma expects $50m./ Texas $56m. this year...

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
Oklahoma is not participating in this deal. Just like they never participated in Kansas 3T deal with ESPN when they would show up as an opponent on Kansas Jayhawk’s Softball field.

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 7m7 minutes ago
That in itself, is participating on a fellow conference-mate & XII's 3rd tier deal, as noted, Oklahoma will incur a revenue gain from news of today, just as Notre Dame does on all road ACC games...

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
This Big 12 deal with ESPN+ does not include Texas or Oklahoma giving any of there 3T content they own to ESPN+.

OU & UT are not producing any content being delivered on ESPN+ Unlike other 8 B12 Schls.

There is nothing confusing about this...this is as clean cut as can be.

ME: If anyone has hours to read through the spin and drivel over today's Big 12 then you can't "go wrong" with this batch of text.

Reaction Score
So, to summarize (not really, I didn't read much) Oklahoma and GTexas are leaving, and the B12 remainders will be inviting in 4 of UCF, USF, Houston, Cincy, Memphis or UConn.

Reaction Score
So, to summarize (not really, I didn't read much) Oklahoma and GTexas are leaving, and the B12 remainders will be inviting in 4 of UCF, USF, Houston, Cincy, Memphis or UConn.

Per usual

Only Football competence matters. Not markets. Or anything else

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Dude is running scared right now. His spin on Oklahoma participating in the new deal because they are the road team is hilarious. It’s sad that he thinks he can drive what’s happening now and into the future with what he says.

I miss the car wash days.

Reaction Score
I always get a laugh out of his spin on Wv's influence in the b12. Something tells me they could give a crap one way or the other if they were included or not.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
ESPN is flexing its muscles. A few years ago they were getting hammered and looking slow with their carriage model. Now they have moved right beck to the fore front with their digital networks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom