Non-Key Tweets | Page 617 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn is already on an island in the AAC. If they get a Big XII invite, they just swap Norman for Tulsa, Austin for Dallas, Ames for Memphis and it's not much longer to get to Waco or Lubbock than to Tampa. At the end of the day, it is still a plane ride.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
https://floridastate com/news/acc-network-contract-look-ins-provide-comfort-to-fsu-s-thrasher
3 look-ins in ACC/ESPN agreement. FSU has their protection.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
Just add another log to Boren's raging fire to push ESPN's back up against wall.

Can't post link to Rivals Warchant.

ACC Network contract 'look-ins' provide comfort to FSU's Thrasher
In an exclusive interview Wednesday with Warchant.com, Thrasher explained that the ACC’s new contract with ESPN calls for three separate “look-in” periods -- times when executives from both entities will be able to sit down and discuss whether the contract terms needs to be renegotiated. The first of those previously unreported “look-ins” will occur in 2021, just two years after the new ACC Network is scheduled to launch on cable and satellite television.

“So there are going to be three opportunities during the course of the contract to take a look at it,” Thrasher told Warchant.com. “To take a step back and see how it’s doing: Do there need to be adjustments? Things like that. ESPN agreed to that. The ACC agreed to it. So the first one will be in 2021. So we’ll have about 2½ years of experience, and we’ll see where we are.

“If we have to make some adjustments, we’ll make some adjustments.”

But do look-ins provide for a parachute from the GOR? I would think not, only that certain economics of the tv deal maybe adjusted.

Reaction Score
I can't see how expanding by 2 would ever include Univ. of Houston. It does not make any sense as adding Houston is a leach to the other Big 12 members. Univ of Houston would weaken all Big 12 schools recruiting advantage in Houston Area as well as would not help the Big 12 Media Footprint. Its academics would look below the other Big 12 schools too. What is the gain for adding Univ of Houston? You would have 5 TX schools in Big 12 giving to much power to them as a collective group and give more power to Univ of Texas since they got them in. As they say TCU will vote with Univ of Texas as they help get them into the Big 12 too. The Texas Power Block that would happen would not be good for the non-Texas base schools. The only logical sense of adding Univ of Houston would be from the TX political play on blocking votes for other schools, but that can only be justified when adding 4 schools.

Houston to the Big 12 makes absolutely no sense, outside of geography and politics. Zero athletic profile, marginal academics, redundant TV and recruiting market. Memphis is even worse. If either of those schools make it to a P5 and uconn is left out, my only conclusion is someone probably put a voodoo curse on us. It's insane.

Reaction Score
The talk is that the compromise position of only expanding by two instead of four will be a way to resolve the dispute with the TV providers over the pro rata issue and their objections. It will piss off the TV networks (especially ESPN) less than forcing them to pay for four schools.

I think that either way the conference is dead in 2025 because Texas is and will refuse to extend the GOR, no matter what.

This would seem to be the viable solution BUT if the Texas schools force Houston in, then you have to really question how they can just do 2.

BY THE WAY: This is post 19,999 for me. I'm not making post 20,000 until UConn is in the damn B12. And, for the record, I've had 10,000 posts apparently in the last 2 1/2 years, because I remember for sure that post 10,000 was made on the night of April 7, 2014, after I held off posting a few days so that my 10k coincided with UConn's 4th championship. This plus my evil eye bracelet will assure good things happening.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Uconn will get into the B12. Its School Presidents that vote on these things. Memphis is a crappy academic school, and Uconn is a good school. The B12 School Presidents fancy themselves as people in the hinterlands that want to be in the same room with academics in the desired northeast education market. It makes them feel good. Univ. Memphis doesn't do that for them. So if these B12 School President's can be shown they can make a buck AND be in a room with academics from back east, they'll sign on to it, imo. So keep the faith. I think Uconn gets their P5 Conference. I wish it was the ACC, but that seems out of the question for you guys. So the B12 might be a heckava long travel league for all the Uconn teams, but it hands down beats the AAC which prpbably will be no more in a few years. I'm taking a break now off this board for a bit ( most of you guys are pleased with that ). Good Luck this season, and look forward to extending our hospitality to you all in November for the BC- Uconn game !
Ok, who hacked Yawkeys account?

Reaction Score
Over on CSNBBS, a Memphis fan posted:

RockyMTNTiger Wrote: Its a done deal. A UM fan just posted the following coded message: The hay is in the barn....Repeat....The hay is in the barn.

A coded reply was posted - then quickly deleted which cannot be revealed at this time.

BYU/UH/UM/UC

No further information is available at this time; however, the following link was posted with something about "for our friends at UCONN".

Reaction Score

RockyMTNTiger Wrote: Its a done deal. A UM fan just posted the following coded message: The hay is in the barn....Repeat....The hay is in the barn.

A coded reply was posted - then quickly deleted which cannot be revealed at this time.

BYU/UH/UM/UC

No further information is available at this time; however, the following link was posted with something about "for our friends at UCONN".

I could make that exact same post, and it wouldn't mean anything either.

Reaction Score

BYU/UH/UM/UC

That's the newest troll tool.... post something, then delete it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I could make that exact same post, and it wouldn't mean anything either.

Picture%2015.png

"Watch out where the Huskies go, Memphis eats the yellow snow"

Reaction Score
A "coded message and a coded reply which cannot be revealed" Tools.

And if these idiots are going to be sending coded messages around, they should at least use FedEx and start returning the favor.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of things that could go wrong with realignment. Memphis getting taken instead of us is not one of them.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This would seem to be the viable solution BUT if the Texas schools force Houston in, then you have to really question how they can just do 2.

BY THE WAY: This is post 19,999 for me. I'm not making post 20,000 until UConn is in the damn B12. And, for the record, I've had 10,000 posts apparently in the last 2 1/2 years, because I remember for sure that post 10,000 was made on the night of April 7, 2014, after I held off posting a few days so that my 10k coincided with UConn's 4th championship. This plus my evil eye bracelet will assure good things happening.

You better hope that no one posts anything about school rankings or Penn State before the b12 announcements are made or you are going to have to create a new account to post ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, it seems to me that any B12 plans that don't include us will result in the conference being a dead man walking. I will only be convinced of otherwise if they expand w/o us and manage to extend the GOR...then I'll eat my words. Extending the GOR while expanding w/o us would mean we have misunderstood FOX's view of the world.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, it seems to me that any B12 plans that don't include us will result in the conference being a dead man walking. I will only be convinced of otherwise if they expand w/o us and manage to extend the GOR...then I'll eat my words. Extending the GOR while expanding w/o us would mean we have misunderstood FOX's view of the world.

The above is what I believe.

I love UConn and think you all are a P5 school no matter where you are at. The problem is that the Big12 is so messed up and the state politicians have their claws dug so deep into the state schools that UConn or almost any school couldn't settle it down.

If invited, of course you all should go to the Big12. Just prepare for 2025 by improving what's important and making as much as you can off of your tier 3 media.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ecuador Futbol? If the Big12 starts sponsoring men's soccer I like our chances even better!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Ecuador Futbol? If the Big12 starts sponsoring men's soccer I like our chances even better!

Texas would hold out for Brazil and a team from the European League, probably Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Reaction Score
The above is what I believe.

I love UConn and think you all are a P5 school no matter where you are at. The problem is that the Big12 is so messed up and the state politicians have their claws dug so deep into the state schools that UConn or almost any school couldn't settle it down.

If invited, of course you all should go to the Big12. Just prepare for 2025 by improving what's important and making as much as you can off of your tier 3 media.

Good comment. Agreed that we are a P5 school in a G5 conference. I am pretty sure by 2025, B12 would fall apart when Texas and OU bail. All we can do is improve ourselves as best as we can if we get an invite to the B12 until 2025. Hopefully, there will be better options available in 2025 when Texas and OU bail. If it is a watered down version of the B12, it is still better than the current AAC.

Reaction Score
"You knew that it was wrong and yet you did it anyway?"

"Yes, true"

"Why"

"Because it was right".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members