Non-Key Tweets | Page 738 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
for any of you guys that ever thought this moron had any inside information I present to you this tweet posted this morning:

The dude actually had it very early.

Reaction Score

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 13h13 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
What remedies do you see the Great Lakes region enacting to stem the tide of migration to south (ACC/SEC) & west (XII/PAC) regions..? As this is a recruiting issue for Oklahoma, for example... Especially if UT looks at moving to SEC or in group to PAC w/o OU...

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 13h13 hours ago
Replying to @e0ppok
I don’t see anything stopping the migration. But Big Ten alumni and fans bring their fandom with them to wherever they live. It’s why you see Big Ten Fan clubs in Denver to Atlanta.

Replying to @e0ppok
As for Texas, they are not moving to SEC nor PAC. They pretty much have 3 options. 1) Stay in Big 12 2) Create relationship with ACC similar to ND’s 3) Move to Big Ten. Texas’s #1 wish is to stay in Big 12. It’s also Disney’s #1 choice.

e0ppok‏ @e0ppok 13h13 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
Speaking hypothetically, if Oklahoma were to leave XII: I don't see UT looking a solo act in ACC, most UT fans seem "uninspired" at thought/ SEC "following" A&M is last choice, but better than staying in XII w/o OU, & 6 year gap in GoR's & LHN isn't worth losing last rival...

The Faculty and Boosters of Texas, the people living in Austin, has zero desire for their University to have a front porch decorated with SEC. But there is also no doubt SEC is targeting Oklahoma. SEC will have its say in what transpires in 2024, 2025 in P5 Realignment.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Why do you spew this nonsense. No way January has 31 days. Maybe on the hillbilly calendar, but not in the real world!!

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 58m58 minutes ago
Latest expansion tidbits I have recieved to follow. It’s not much but I’d imagine it’ll pick up in a week or so.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 57m57 minutes ago
Multiple institutions in the B12 frowning on Houston. Not for the Dana hire but for the handling of Applewhite and the apparent running of the AD by their billionaire donor. Basically eliminated them from ever being considered.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 56m56 minutes ago
Communications still open with Arizona schools as they have been for a long time. Sulking has become a huge cheer leader for getting the move made in the future.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 55m55 minutes ago
Playoff expansion is going to be a key topic this winter/spring as AAC/UCF threat of lawsuit and B10 striking out has moved it into the limelight.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 54m54 minutes ago
Auto bids to P5 could keep Pac12 alive even if B12 poached some. Pac12 has some options for backfill. But Pac12 in the most danger of falling ridiculously behind in tv money next go round regardless.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 54m54 minutes ago
Pac12 forecasted by some to actually LOSE tv revenue in the next round.

Doug‏ @snoopdoug44 56m56 minutes ago
They will. Arizona Schools, UCLA and USC should join the Big12 and form a new network.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 55m55 minutes ago
I’d take that. But I don’t think B12 has a shot at any Cali schools. I’m a worst case scenario for P12 those schools go B1G

Doug‏ @snoopdoug44 44m44 minutes ago
Yeah who knows man but it’s a disaster right now

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 43m43 minutes ago
It’s gonna get worse when the network folds and they get to negotiations on their next tv deal. Playoff expansion will kill the Rose Bowl too.

Doug‏ @snoopdoug44 16m16 minutes ago
When do you see playoff expansion happening and do you approve?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
I think it happens this summer but won’t implemented until the following year. And yes I’m an advocate. Autobids for P5 and highest ranked G5 and 2 at large.

coog57™‏ @coog57 49m49 minutes ago
Big 12 presidents can go pound sand after wasting everyone's time and resources during their expansion sham. We don't care how they feel. We're all about positioning UH for a P5 future and have remained in contact with the other leagues.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 47m47 minutes ago
And you might still have s future in the P12 when they need to backfill. Houston is an attractive market and you guys have been a solid program. You’ll never get a fair shake in B12 anyway-trust me, we don’t.

Robbie Jay‏ @Robbiejay84 56m56 minutes ago
Replying to @MH ver3
Expansion is a pure business move. What would this have anything to do with it? Who cares if you’re likable or not

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 51m51 minutes ago
It’s not about being likeable it’s about institutional control.

David Browning‏ @WVBigDave1 57m57 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Question Do you see #WVU wanting to stay in the big 12 or want to leave when they can.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 56m56 minutes ago
Replying to @WVBigDave1
WVU has long kept channels alive with ACC and SEC. I’d imagine WVU will be ACC ten years from now. We have enough votes now since the majority of the conference is former BIgEast and longtime partners/rivals.

Reaction Score
It would take four "no" or abstaining votes to block any addition to the ACC.

I could see a coalition of UNC, Duke, Wake, Virginia against a WVU addition....and who knows if Pitt wants a recruiting rival 50 miles away.

West Virginia is a small state with a territory lapped 50 miles to the north by Pitt and 50 miles to the east by Virginia and 50 miles to the south by VT.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

1546899833244.png

"My precious."

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
His mom's basement must be quite large.
"Christopher, can I throw out these piles of papers?

"NO MOM! That's my internet research"

"Uh, Chrissy, if it's on the computer, do really need to print out and stack it up against the wall?

"MOOOOOTHER, you just don't understand!!"

"Uh, Christopher? How's your resume coming along....."

"I'M WORKING ON IT MA!!"

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Unless BTM is the name of a certain car wash, it’s most definitely not true.

Reaction Score
WVU will never be in the ACC. This alone is enough to disprove anything that WV turd says.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Should the B1G raid the ACC for UVA and if the XII was ripped apart in the future, I can see WVU going to the ACC. After all, the ACC took Louisville.
There are quite a few moving parts there, and given the recent goings on in Northern Kentucky, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the ACC has a bit of buyer's remorse on UL.

Reaction Score
This keeps coming around but WVU brings no value to the ACC. Remember they have a network now. That means eyeballs just like Rutgers and Maryland.

The entire population of WV has 1.8M people. The only other area they have some draw is Pittsburgh, which is already in the conference. Of those 1.8M people, there's 736,000 households. West Virginia is also DEAD LAST in population grown since 2010 losing 2.55% of the population.

Look at the competitors . . . CT has 1.3M households, most of which are much more affluent. That doesn't even count NY and surrounding areas, with some ACC presence in NY

Cincy has 850,000 households . . . and their households on average have 40% higher income than WV, and no ACC presence.

It's pretty easy to see that from a financial prospective, both of those schools are much more desirable to the ACC than WVU.

Academics (still an alleged factor) make it even worse. According to USNWR, WVU is 205, UConn is 63, Cincy is 147. All are considered "highest research activity" by Carnegie, but according to dollars WVU ranks 110, UConn is 79 (if you combine medical) and Cincy is 50th. Endowment $556M for WVU, $421M for UConn and $1.1B for Cincy.

ACC isn't losing members thanks to their new network, and at most they'd take in one or two. WVU is not making that cut.

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
As far as expansion of conferences is concerned, autobids for P5 will shore up and save the Pac12 like it did the BIgEast during the BCS days even if there are multiple defections as long as a strong nucleus is in place with the California and Oregon schools.

Which means if Pac12 loses 2-4 teams to expansion there will most likely be spots available to some G5 schools for backfill.

My money would be on BYU and Houston being the two most attractive immediate options.

David C. Moore‏ @CougarCentreSLC 8h8 hours ago
Replying to @MH ver3
I think the original Pac-8 (USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington, Oregon State & Washington State) will stick together. It was UCLA that wanted the Arizona schools back in 1978 while Stanford & Washington didn’t think they were up to league standards.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @CougarCentreSLC
I agree.

David C. Moore‏ @CougarCentreSLC 8h8 hours ago
#Colorado began to look at the then #Pac10 as a destination following the acquisition of the #Arizona schools but remained loyal to the #Big8 & then #Big12 when the #Pac10 was a little late to the show back in the mid-late 1990’s.

Replying to @CougarCentreSLC
I would say if the Az schools split to B12 then there is a chance Colorado comes back as well.

Dave Huck‏ @DaveHuck 7h7 hours ago
Were you saying BYU and Houston to the PAC 12?

I’m saying IF the B12 pulls away the Az schools then Houston and BYU would be the two most attractive options to replace them in the Pac12.

War Beaver‏ @WarBeavr 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @MH ver3 @DaveHuck @CougarCentreSLC
The Big 12, never at any point, has been able to poach a P5 team from a stable, existing conference. The Big 12 has repeatedly been poached, however. #mizzou #TAMU #CU #Nebraska It's delusion that you guys think you're poaching a team from an existing P5 league.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @WarBeavr @DaveHuck @CougarCentreSLC
The B12 was never in a position of strength financially like they are now. Unequal revenue sharing is what nearly killed them before. I’m not saying the AZ schools will happen for sure-just that there is a LOT of dialogue there and has been for awhile.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @WarBeavr @DaveHuck @CougarCentreSLC
Also, many either forget or just aren’t aware at how close the B12 was to poaching FSU and Clemson before ND screwed it all up.

War Beaver‏ @WarBeavr 5h5 hours ago
It didn't happen. That's the bottom line. You guys all think the Big 12 is going to poach P5 teams, and it's not happening. Nobody wants to come play lapdog to Texas besides the teet suckers already on board.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 8h8 hours ago
Replying to @MH ver3
Arizona and Arizona State aren’t leaving the P12, ever. But........2-4 B12 teams will be part of the P12 by 2025. You can count on that.

Replying to @NebGradDubDub
Oh yes, I’m sure 2-4 B12 teams can’t wait to take a huge pay-cut to play west coast time zone games.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 8h8 hours ago
Replying to @NebGradDubDub @MH ver3
BYU, Houston, UCF, and Cinci would back fill what’s left of the B12

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @MH ver3
#1 the B12 is being overpaid on an old deal. #2 The B10 or SEC will be stealing teams. #3. Provided OU and Texas could take OSU and Tech to the P12 and create more cash. There is no reason for the B12 to exist past its current TV deal

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @NebGradDubDub @MH ver3
In other words OU and Texas can’t be paid what they deserve unless they leave in 2025

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @[B]NebGradDubDub[/B]
Ok. Come back in 2025 or after we sign our next deal and I will have some crow to feed you.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Jan 4
Multiple institutions in the B12 frowning on Houston. Not for the Dana hire but for the handling of Applewhite and the apparent running of the AD by their billionaire donor. Basically eliminated them from ever being considered.

Andy Olsen‏ @Andysbbqpit 7h7 hours ago
College football is headed to a breakdown. Next round, networks are not going to want Iowa State and WV. They only want to show OU and Texas. OU and Texas will not be wanting to share for long.

Replying to @Andysbbqpit
Not true at all. In fact early projections are for Big12 tv contracts to increase by a minimum of 25%. These projections come from analysts that make top dollar to know trends and value.

And for the biggest non-news of the day....

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 And for the biggest non-news of the day....

So this is either a ruse to make it seem like BTM is real, because he could have just done business as usual and made stuff up, or BTM is real. Could he be real? Flug has planted a seed of doubt for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom