Non-Key Tweets | Page 614 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
B12 has not extended a formal offer to anyone yet but have told BYU and UC that as soon as TV is finalized they will be offered.

B12 will then announce 2 additions and say that they are still assessing the landscape.

Sometime in late December or early January they will announce 2 more additions. Those 2 haven't been finalized and is down to 5 for 2 spots.

My source thinks we are still at least 2 weeks away from an announcement.

B12 fully expects 11 and 12 to be playing in B12 fall of 2017.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
AAC contact telling me Boise ST and others in MWC may still be in play for AAC when defections occur

Those talks have been ongoing for months and with AAC deal set to be renegotiated after defections it could be a financial boon

The contract was largely undervalued and if ESPN/AAC can't reach deal fox will likely step in

Alternatives to adding MWC schools are pretty bleak and would be a huge loss in TV $ and prestige for AAC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
Things are falling apart quickly. Highly doubtful the Big 12 is around after 2025. Sad.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
The best indicator of that being true is expansion to 14...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
Correction: WVU would vote for UCONN. The presence in NY area would help basketball recruiting.

For the record I'm going to stick my head in the sand and pretend the Big 12 is stable for the next 8 years.

Reaction Score
B12 has not extended a formal offer to anyone yet but have told BYU and UC that as soon as TV is finalized they will be offered.

B12 will then announce 2 additions and say that they are still assessing the landscape.

Sometime in late December or early January they will announce 2 more additions. Those 2 haven't been finalized and is down to 5 for 2 spots.

My source thinks we are still at least 2 weeks away from an announcement.

B12 fully expects 11 and 12 to be playing in B12 fall of 2017.

AAC contact telling me Boise ST and others in MWC may still be in play for AAC when defections occur

Those talks have been ongoing for months and with AAC deal set to be renegotiated after defections it could be a financial boon

The contract was largely undervalued and if ESPN/AAC can't reach deal fox will likely step in

Alternatives to adding MWC schools are pretty bleak and would be a huge loss in TV $ and prestige for AAC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
Things are falling apart quickly. Highly doubtful the Big 12 is around after 2025. Sad.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
The best indicator of that being true is expansion to 14...

Correction: WVU would vote for UCONN. The presence in NY area would help basketball recruiting.

For the record I'm going to stick my head in the sand and pretend the Big 12 is stable for the next 8 years.

This can't happen. It won't happen. God please don't let this happen!

Reaction Score

Nah, that's BS. They're not dragging this out into football season.

They're either gonna expand by 2 or expand by 4, but either way it'll happen all at once.

Reaction Score
Scott MacHaggis ‏@ScottMacHaggis · 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire Sounds like even the Dude is giving up on the B12. He just tweeted that "Things have fallen apart, B12 wont survive after 2025"

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ScottMacHaggis
B12 won't be the same in 2025...reshuffle.
Will lose at least 2 of its most valuable Insitutions in 2025
Dude waking up

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ScottMacHaggis
Dude was the very last person to figure it out.
Very last person.

Reaction Score

Don't get sentimental about the Big12 if they do something this stupid. It will fail if it goes that route and we don't want to be part of it when it does.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don't get sentimental about the Big12 if they do something this stupid. It will fail if it goes that route and we don't want to be part of it when it does.

Which do you choose, death plunge in the B12 if OU and TX are leaving or stick with the AAC, but only if they can managed to add Boise and CSU. I think its clearly death plunge as the TX and OU exit is not 100% guaranteed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Which do you choose, death plunge in the B12 if OU and TX are leaving or stick with the AAC, but only if they can managed to add Boise and CSU. I think its clearly death plunge as the TX and OU exit is not 100% guaranteed.

If the choice is between death plunge in 10 years or death plunge in 2 years, I choose 10.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You think?! YOU THINK? How in the world can you spend this much time on the BY and even have that thought cross your mind? Genuinely puzzled by some people on here.

Reaction Score
Yes, and can't predict the future, but what if ND joins ACC and they need a partner and suddenly UCF or Temple get the nod and then we are back in the ACC in 8-10 years anyway after UT, OU and KU bail in 2025

That would suk too

If the choice is between death plunge in 10 years or death plunge in 2 years, I choose 10.

Reaction Score
Yes, and can't predict the future, but what if ND joins ACC and they need a partner and suddenly UCF or Temple get the nod and then we are back in the ACC in 8-10 years anyway after UT, OU and KU bail in 2025

That would suk too

"Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I should sleep with this beautiful woman. What if Jennifer Lawrence comes along and I'm stuck dating this 9?"

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Scott MacHaggis ‏@ScottMacHaggis · 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire Sounds like even the Dude is giving up on the B12. He just tweeted that "Things have fallen apart, B12 wont survive after 2025"

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ScottMacHaggis
B12 won't be the same in 2025...reshuffle.
Will lose at least 2 of its most valuable Insitutions in 2025
Dude waking up

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ScottMacHaggis
Dude was the very last person to figure it out.
Very last person.
where do you get these ?i go to both flugempire and scottmachaggis,and do not see these posts,unless they are old news,and not recent posts.

Reaction Score
It's not a 9 if UT, OU and KU bail is the issue though

I agree, still grab the first offer and hope for the best

"Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I should sleep with this beautiful woman. What if Jennifer Lawrence comes along and I'm stuck dating this 9?"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did we ever find out what scared away NBC or other potential bidders from making a decent offer? Or is that just another deal that we may never know.

It was never worth it for another network to make a market deal with the matching rights held by ESPN. NBC either had to overpay hoping that ESPN declined and be stuck with a league of unknown value to put on a network (NBCSports) of unknown drawing power; or try to get it cheap with enough riders that ESPN would let it go. The AAC had nothing to really offer NBC. In hindsight the requirement to stay off ESPN 3, was the best outcome, though a few more dollars would have been nice.

NBCsports did pretty well with English soccer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You think?! YOU THINK? How in the world can you spend this much time on the BY and even have that thought cross your mind? Genuinely puzzled by some people on here.
Relax Dude. For a moment I was contemplating aloud a world where more than TX and OU find a home in 2025. I'm fine with TX and OU leaving, but if WV and KS found homes too and AAC manages to rope in CSU and Boise, than that would kinda of suck as the B12 wouldn't be too far ahead of the AAC.

My mind penciled out a worst case 2026 B12:
ISU
KSst
Okst
Baylor
TCU
TT
Cincy
BYU
UConn
UH or UCF

WV to SEC
OU to SEC
UT to B1G
KS to B1G

2026 AAC:
Temple
Navy
ECU
USF
UCF or UH
Tulane
SMU
Memphis
Tulsa
Boise <--added in 2017 <--this probably would never happen given the olympic sports
CSU <--added in 2017 --this probably would never happen given the olympic sports
Umass/School X <--added in 2017

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
NBC is notoriously cheap when bidding on sports.

They don't have any home for all the games the American would play anyway. They have one cable net that has soccer and hockey in a big number of the windows where college sports would plug in.

They don't really have capacity for the volume even if they wanted it.

I disagree - they bid a ton of money on the Premier League and then got the extension from it. They have the capacity to show 10 games at once across their networks(they do it the last game of each season when they all start at the same time) and they have overflow stations Sports Extra that they put games on.

NBC low balled an unproven league and then ESPN had the right to match the price, but also had to match the terms of the agreement.

Reaction Score
I disagree - they bid a ton of money on the Premier League and then got the extension from it. They have the capacity to show 10 games at once across their networks(they do it the last game of each season when they all start at the same time) and they have overflow stations Sports Extra that they put games on.

NBC low balled an unproven league and then ESPN had the right to match the price, but also had to match the terms of the agreement.

Look for NBC Universal/Comcast to figure out the digital process so in 10 years they'll be ready. Not sure why NBC doesn't take advantage on their channels, i.e., MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Bravo, etc. for college football.

For Comcast people, keep an eye on the Olympics. Looks like it'll be pretty high tech with X1.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You disagree that NBC is known for being cheap when acquiring sports rights? Ok I guess you can invent a different perception than the industry has had for at least a decade.

They do have extra time. The difference between the EPL and AAC on extra time is for the AAC they would have to produce the game themselves which is very different than the EPL. And oh yeah the AAC would actually want some of their games to be on things that people watch.

Can you even imagine going to recruit a kid and trying to explain it's better that your games are on NBC's extra time app - if someone happens to have a log in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anybody know this @Andy_Staples guy from SI and XM? I am not familiar with him, but he has a bunch of tweets that talk about the compromise of adding 2 teams as opposed to 4 as a likely scenario. There are several tweets and I will leave it to others to post some of his tweets if you see fit. (This guy is not good at posting tweets) Would like some opinions about this guy.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You disagree that NBC is known for being cheap when acquiring sports rights? Ok I guess you can invent a different perception than the industry has had for at least a decade.

They do have extra time. The difference between the EPL and AAC on extra time is for the AAC they would have to produce the game themselves which is very different than the EPL. And oh yeah the AAC would actually want some of their games to be on things that people watch.

Can you even imagine going to recruit a kid and trying to explain it's better that your games are on NBC's extra time app - if someone happens to have a log in.

I've watched EPL Extra Time games on my phone. It will be a thing but, you are correct that producing the game versus simulcasting someone else's feed is huge difference. Maybe the AAC should be producing their own games with local resources? I am assuming that the camera and equipment are cost prohibitive. Remembering the Rent can't produce a decent TV timeout, says, "Nevermind..."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anybody know this @Andy_Staples guy from SI and XM? I am not familiar with him, but he has a bunch of tweets that talk about the compromise of adding 2 teams as opposed to 4 as a likely scenario. There are several tweets and I will leave it to others to post some of his tweets if you see fit. (This guy is not good at posting tweets) Would like some opinions about this guy.

I know nothing about him...but last of talk on his twitter.

And here is is latest column. Warning you know, he reads like Whaler11.
Why ESPN and Fox don't want to pay for any planned Big 12 expansion

Andy StaplesVerified account‏@Andy_Staples
Andy Staples Retweeted Del Abramson

Sheer population matters when selling subscriptions to X people for X cents a month. This is about owning your town.

Reaction Score
I've worked in television for almost 30 years. To produce a game at Rentschler is not very difficult. You don't even need to have the announcers there. Just a small truck and enough fiber lines. The right switchers and graphics and it can be produced very inexpensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom