Non-Key Tweets | Page 706 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 42m42 minutes ago
So Texas has told all B12 members that they will not jump ship to another conference. They say if B12 has defections after GOR(cont)

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 42m42 minutes ago
(Cont) they will just backfill with some of the candidates they have already interviewed.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 40m40 minutes ago
UT's logic is simple: outside of VT's couple of years and TCU sharing one, no one added to a P5 since 2004 has won a FB conf championship

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 41m41 minutes ago
UT also not ruling out adding schools from PAC once their GOR is up.

E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 39m39 minutes ago
@MH ver3 ummm. UC won multiple in the BE.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 39m39 minutes ago
@Epfourteen not a P5.

E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen 37m37 minutes ago
@MH ver3 ok. Power 5 has existed for 2 years. Your tweet makes no sense then.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
@Epfourteen the leagues in the P5 have existed since before 2004

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity 38m38 minutes ago
@Epfourteen @MH ver3 Right and Louisville.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4m4 minutes ago
@Manny_Insanity @Epfourteen again not one of the P5 leagues

ME: Hahahahahahaha! :p

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
When discussing any UT B1G rumor remember that ESPN has an option on UT rights that matches length of LHN contract.

Why would ESPN allow UT to move to the B1G when Fox is the primary rights holder. ESPN has a secondary contract.

Not only would such a move devalue the Big 12 it would also harm ESPN.

Also note that UT is prohibited from being a part of any other network (other than LHN).

"Neither IMG nor UT will during the Term... participate or similar network enterprise (regardless of name) related to UT"

What that means is that Texas cannot participate in any conference network until the LHN deal has expired.

An ESPN contact gave me the info on the LHN contract. The takeaway is that ESPN wants the Big 12 intact.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
I'm about to say some controversial stuff here so buckle up.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
6. Finally (and regrettably) we'll have 7 more years of rumors about UT and OU leaving the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Too bad The Dude hasn't figured out you can't really analyze legal provisions of a contract when the same contract you're viewing has several provisions redacted from public. If such an agreement had a provision redacted that simply said "all of this is null and void if Texas joins another league" how would he know? I'm so tired of the guy browbeating the Twitterati public as if he's some know it all attorney.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Having said all that about Flug and Tramel, I think I need to add something else. I don't think either one actually knows what's going to happen and if I had to bet, I'd say they're both wrong.

I'm no insider and I have no desire to deceive anybody with lies.

But I have reason to believe expansion has not actually cooled. To the people selling conjecture, it's been an up and down thing. To the people involved (who signed non-disclosure statements) it has been a steady process.

There's talk like Texas and OU's unwillingness to sign a GOR is a shift but it has been their consistent stance from day one.

I still think the conference will expand. Probably by two. Probably Cincy and Houston. I'm sorry, UConn fans. You were my favorite, but these things are just my hunch at this moment in time, based on conversations with people who know people who shouldn't be talking.

I don't know who has a source and who doesn't. But I do know that none of the Big 12 Presidents could tell you what is going to happen because they don't know. It's all up in the air. The ADs know even less, and coaches less still. Decisions have not beeen made.

Reaction Score
get-to-the-choppa-baby.jpg

INCOMING...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m 25 minutes ago
Heads up: New info from OU Contacts has been dropped. Specific info on Oklahoma's interest on expansion candidates.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m 26 minutes ago
This is what we've been asking for in our messaging back n forth. We got it.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m 22 minutes ago
The following information is based upon our OU Contacts discussions with parties close to OU and others in B12, but who are outside of OU.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9m 9 minutes ago
OU Contacts Oklahoma,middle of June to middle of September, let it be known to B12 Presidents the following schools had OU interest for EXP

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m 6 minutes ago
OU Contacts
Air Force FB only
BYU FB only or Full
Tulane Full
UCONN Full
UC Full

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m 3 minutes ago
OU Contacts "As of Sept 22nd,its believe OU had 4 other schools to push toward consensus on B12 EXP with listed Schls, but never close to 8"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m 2 minutes ago
OU Contacts: "Bowlsby, Gee and Boren are on same page. KU is though to be as well but is not in position internally to reach a position"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 24 s24 seconds ago
OU Contacts "#1 importance for Oct 17 meeting is to move out from session without fueling instability. Presidents are aware of perception"

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

A post like this gives credence to Whaler's insistence that Greg is just another twitteratti hungry for attention. I have always found Greg's POV on CRA rather grounded and consistent - but this at this hr?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A post like this gives credence to Whaler's insistence that Greg is just another twitteratti hungry for attention. I have always found Greg's POV on CRA rather grounded and consistent - but this at this hr?

He's not even consistent anymore.

Reaction Score

I may be misreading/misinterpreting your post, but I believe that Flugaur's tweet is just letting people know that when OU thought Big-12 expansion was thought to be possible, these were the candidates that OU backed. What good it does to release this information now, who knows. Perhaps you are right and it is only for click bait...

Reaction Score
He's not even consistent anymore.

Haha... beat me to it.

Plus he's now claiming this is all coming from OU Contacts and not his made up BTM. I guess he is mad at BTM since he has led him astray thru the CR process so he decided to go straight to OU for updates

Reaction Score
get-to-the-choppa-baby.jpg

INCOMING...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m 25 minutes ago
Heads up: New info from OU Contacts has been dropped. Specific info on Oklahoma's interest on expansion candidates.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m 26 minutes ago
This is what we've been asking for in our messaging back n forth. We got it.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m 22 minutes ago
The following information is based upon our OU Contacts discussions with parties close to OU and others in B12, but who are outside of OU.

OU Contacts Oklahoma,middle of June to middle of September, let it be known to B12 Presidents the following schools had OU interest for EXP

OU Contacts
Air Force FB only
BYU FB only or Full
Tulane Full
UCONN Full
UC Full

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m 3 minutes ago
OU Contacts "As of Sept 22nd,its believe OU had 4 other schools to push toward consensus on B12 EXP with listed Schls, but never close to 8"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m 2 minutes ago
OU Contacts: "Bowlsby, Gee and Boren are on same page. KU is though to be as well but is not in position internally to reach a position"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 24 s24 seconds ago
OU Contacts "#1 importance for Oct 17 meeting is to move out from session without fueling instability. Presidents are aware of perception"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1m 1 minute ago
OU Contacts: "Oklahoma wants more movement in regards to future Conference streaming digital content. Not the brick wall as it was before"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 40s 40 seconds ago
OU Contacts: "Big movement on details around Conference Championship game. This ensures some success on Oct 17"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5s 5 seconds ago
OU Contacts: "OU will not compromise on Expansion. Expansion needs to fuel and be a part of something more of value in future..B12 Network"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
Me: For the first time since Jan (UCONN - Cincy) we received info from OU Contacts on who OU was lobbying for in B12 Expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18s 18 seconds ago
Me: I don't know what is meant by the Kansas info on them not being able to make a decision. If someone cares to share that would be great.

Me: That is the info we received at 7:00am this morning. It was different so we shared.

** Think he's done spewing for now**

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Haha... beat me to it.

Plus he's now claiming this is all coming from OU Contacts and not his made up BTM. I guess he is mad at BTM since he has led him astray thru the CR process so he decided to go straight to OU for updates

It also contradicts what he said all summer... based on what BTM was saying... which was based on what these OU contacts were saying.

Circle of CR.

Reaction Score
He is using "OU Contacts" today since his "BTM" is the oposite. He is a fraud that is playing both sides. Yesterday the article with the comments from Gee is published and today Flug makes up fake stuff "OU Contacts" so he can go back to "BTM" on the 17th saying he was right and if expansion did happen, then he can say he was right with "OU Contacts."

People who still think this guy isn't full of ____ are just clinging onto his words in the hopes of the crap he makes up ends up being what the person hopes for in life.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was talking to a Big Ten contact yesterday and he said that he thought the Big Ten was going to expand in a few years.

His name is Mark. He's my neighbor. I don't think he's on Twitter, so he's probably full of crap.

Reaction Score
OU Contacts: "Oklahoma wants more movement in regards to future Conference streaming digital content. Not the brick wall as it was before"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 40s 40 seconds ago
OU Contacts: "Big movement on details around Conference Championship game. This ensures some success on Oct 17"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5s 5 seconds ago
OU Contacts: "OU will not compromise on Expansion. Expansion needs to fuel and be a part of something more of value in future..B12 Network"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
Me: For the first time since Jan (UCONN - Cincy) we received info from OU Contacts on who OU was lobbying for in B12 Expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18s 18 seconds ago
Me: I don't know what is meant by the Kansas info on them not being able to make a decision. If someone cares to share that would be great.

Me: That is the info we received at 7:00am this morning. It was different so we shared.

** Think he's done spewing for now**

He's back and calling @whaler11 / @bobbyinaz out -- LOL (kidding - kinda)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h 1 hour ago
This latest info on who OU was lobbying for had dates of Mid June to Mid Sept On Sept 22nd OU contacts stated OU does not expect resolution

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h 1 hour ago
Nothing in this info given to us this morning changes or conflicts with info given to us on Sept 22nd. OU does not see EXP resolution.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 12m 12 minutes ago
To answer a few questions:..yes, OU knew it would need to compromise with UT..and that is why UH/UC/UCONN/BYU was thought to be end result..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10m 10 minutes ago
Stated many times from OU Contacts in last 3 months..UH +1 was DOA. So were other 2 Schls combo's... EXP to 14 is gone bc of BYU issues.

Information today in the 5 Schls OU was willing to discuss from their point of view does not conflict info from June to Mid Sept...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m 7 minutes ago
..Nor does info today on who OU was willing to push forward in B12 EXP change what OU Contacts believe will happen Oct 17.. No resolution.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
To those who believe info today contradicts info from June to Mid Sept..no it doesn't. Just gives backdrop to OU's thinking..at least a bit

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still don't understand Tulane. I know a few of us went to the FB game last year. The only people knew anything about the game were at the game. The cab drivers, bartenders and locals I ran into were clueless about it. And their gym is smaller than Quinnipiac's.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still don't understand Tulane. I know a few of us went to the FB game last year. The only people knew anything about the game were at the game. The cab drivers, bartenders and locals I ran into were clueless about it. And their gym is smaller than Quinnipiac's.

Yep. But if one is patient, can't Tulane with its excellent academics and large national alumni base be a worthy P5 school 20 years from now? Particularly if the school outlines a real plan to upgrade facilities? In state competition is really just LSU.

That said, hard to see modern demands for instance success and $$ supporting an extended patient build up. And Tulane is private - seemingly another con in the long run view of big time college athletics.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yep. But if one is patient, can't Tulane with its excellent academics and large national alumni base be a worthy P5 school 20 years from now? Particularly if the school outlines a real plan to upgrade facilities? In state competition is really just LSU.

That said, hard to see modern demands for instance success and $$ supporting an extended patient build up. And Tulane is private - seemingly another con in the long run view of big time college athletics.

Um no?

Reaction Score

They just built a tiny on campus stadium. They always have the Super Dome downtown.

Reaction Score
OU Contacts
Air Force FB only
BYU FB only or Full
Tulane Full
UCONN Full
UC Full

I read this as the university presidents decided that academics are the #1 priority as out of the listed expansion candidates, only Rice and SMU are ranked at or higher than this group with USF and Colorado St around the same level as Cincinnati. If this is somehow true, which I highly doubt taking, Tulane especially would like cause an epic meltdown in Houston and Memphis. The opportunity to read their fan boards alone makes this worth it, besides, of course, UConn escaping American purgatory.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

That's like saying the only competition in Ohio is OSU.

Tulane gave up any hope of being competitive at the highest level five decades ago when they left the SEC. Their following in the state at that time was similar LSU's (due to their location) but they basically handed the state over to LSU two generations ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I read this as the university presidents decided that academics are the #1 priority as out of the listed expansion candidates, only Rice and SMU are ranked at or higher than this group with USF and Colorado St around the same level as Cincinnati. If this is somehow true, which I highly doubt taking, Tulane especially would like cause an epic meltdown in Houston and Memphis. The opportunity to read their fan boards alone makes this worth it, besides, of course, UConn escaping American purgatory.

Two things. The first it's only supposed to be a representation of what Oklahoma supported for expansion. Second, like you said it's just the output of an overactive imagination.

Reaction Score
That's like saying the only competition in Ohio is OSU.

Tulane gave up any hope of being competitive at the highest level five decades ago when they left the SEC. Their following in the state at that time was similar LSU's (due to their location) but they basically handed the state over to LSU two generations ago.

It's the South. 5 decades = 4 generations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom