Non-Key Tweets | Page 705 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I can't speak for this board or whether people are anointing him a 'guru' just because he's giving out optimistic news. But speaking for myself, since I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm looking at him objectively and I think he's legit. Has be been wrong before? Sure. Everyone has. Does he have an ego? Probably. I think everyone that has thousands and thousands of posts on Twitter probably has an ego. Do these things mean he doesn't have a credible source of information? No.

It's also possible that he does have the legitimate source he claims and that he's also exaggerated or conflated some things. It doesn't have to be either/or.

If twisting yourself into a pretzel to ignore facts when creating your worldview is your thing - you are in the right place.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's where I leave it Flug...

When has he been right?

I don't know what he knows or who he knows - I'm not passing judgement on anyone here.

But when has he been right?

(If you mention anything about some wrestling addition to the Big 10 or anything like that, you get punched in the throat, so don't.)

Reaction Score

When has he been right?

I don't know what he knows or who he knows - I'm not passing judgement on anyone here.

(If you mention anything about some wrestling addition to the Big 10 or anything like that, you get punched in the throat, so don't.)
He had Coastal Carolina going fbs long before every one else. I will give him that one.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but I recall one of the big things with Manuel was he suposedly had great relations with the BCU AD and would build support with the next event.

The next event occurred and Manuel was "monitoring" while Jurich was dealing.

Amazing Manuel got the Michigan job. He's 9000 pounds or more by now, a total slob. Does he take credit for the UConn Women's hoops or Field Hockey Championships?

Manuel wasn't 100 pct. perfect but he was a damn sight better than his skinny-ass predecessor. Got Michigan to come to Rent (and show us what the place could really be) and re-started BCU series. IMO it was far less Jurich outworking him than Clemson & FSU pushing for Louisville. BTW, the fat jokes are beyond tiresome, champ.

Reaction Score
I think so. The thing the Big 12 has always had going for it is that while they lack dominant powerhouse football programs outside of OU/Texas (when they actually are), they have a lot of mid-level programs that are almost all large state schools with respectable followings. Basically, they don't have any Wake Forests, BCs, or Washington States. Sure, a WVU-Kansas State game isn't going to be a ratings bonanza, but it'll be respectable. Not to mention KU basketball is a valuable commodity, and if those eight decided to tack on some additions, they could create a good, though not incredible, football conference that would still be P5 and could garner a decent TV deal, certainly larger than the AAC or MWC. All of the B12 schools are miles ahead of Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, ECU, and Temple in terms of program value to a TV network. Those five aren't even close.

watch what happens to their followings when they are not in a P5 conference. Things change. Kansas St. = Colorado St. in such a scenario.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

When has he been right?

Which reporter should we go to?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pay closer attention?

Arizona State hockey to the Big 10. Then he was actually playing two sides - one for the empire and one for BIG TEN MAN.

UConn and Cincinnati to the Big 12. Then no expansion.

After the Big 12 got their feelings hurt by the ACC network it was
UConn/Cincinnati/BYU/Houston to the Big 12. Then no expansion.

Literally everything since that one wrestling tidbit.

Then once everyone stopped thinking about expansion the last two days of nonsense with a 24 month window.

He's as full of crap as the Dood. He just freaks out less often and people here like that he is pro-UConn.

Flug's reporting has tracked fairly closely with Barry Thamel's,, except Flugs is usually posting it first, which means they are probably getting their information from the same or similar ultimate sources. Which ironically, is exactly what Flugs is saying.

Boren himself can't predict where expansion is going, but you are mad at Flugs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Berry knows BIG TEN MAN? Should be able to turn that into a Pulitzer.

It really is amazing what people will believe.

I'm not mad at Flugs - I don't care what he dreams up - I'm mocking people who think he is providing inside information.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Manuel wasn't 100 pct. perfect but he was a damn sight better than his skinny-ass predecessor. Got Michigan to come to Rent (and show us what the place could really be) and re-started BCU series. IMO it was far less Jurich outworking him than Clemson & FSU pushing for Louisville. BTW, the fat jokes are beyond tiresome, champ.
This

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12h12 hours ago
@theDudeofWV
The goal of West Virginia is to obtain its best possible future post 2024.
Not watching "Atlanta" burn down to the ground.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush
Today is 2016
In 2019-20-21 there will extrodinary pressure on WVU to cut a deal.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush
Put it this way Dude..
Everything you said about ACC"others" needing to do(2011-15)is now WVU

Doug‏@NebGradDubDub
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush @flugempire
B12 will extend GOR to 2035 in the next couple of years or it will dissolve. Plain and simple

True
There is only one way to get B12 GOR extended in 2019-20 w decent $ deal from networks.
Release current GOR

And what OU Contacts mean by"decent deal" is below P5 standards..but above what "others" could get in open market.

Alex ‏@mason5plumlee · 12h12 hours ago
@flugempire
This makes zero sense, why would ESPN pay P5 money for a Big 12 without OU/UT?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@mason5plumlee
They wouldn't pay P5 money.
Not even close. But pay would be more than "others" could get in open market without OU/UT

Reaction Score
Flug's reporting has tracked fairly closely with Barry Thamel's,, except Flugs is usually posting it first, which means they are probably getting their information from the same or similar ultimate sources. Which ironically, is exactly what Flugs is saying.

Boren himself can't predict where expansion is going, but you are mad at Flugs.

There have been broad similarities. Like Flug, Tramel once believed expansion was likely and he once identified BYU, Cincy and UConn as excellent additions. Unlike Flug, however, I don't believe Tramel ever included Houston in any scenario.

And like Tramel, Flug has cooled his heels on the likelihood of expansion but Flug certainly didn't draw that conclusion before Tramel. Flug was still chanting "Four to get two" horse trading mantra weeks after Tramel and Bohls opined that expansion seemed less likely.

One thing Tramel never did that Flug has done from time to time is blame Texas. According to Flug's BTM guy, Texas has been opposed to expansion, onboard with expansion, ESPN's voice, a proponent of westward expansion while ESPN was a proponent of eastward expansion, a proponent of Houston while ESPN was an opponent of Houston, for BYU, against BYU, etc. etc.

Yes, I'm a Texas fan defending Texas. Everybody knows Texas is to blame for something and I don't mind that. But Flug could just never settle on exactly what Texas was to blame for. He was all over the board with contradictory assertions.

To me, that reeked of a very low-level "Oklahoma insider" caught up in the passions of an onfield rivalry rather than a high level "Oklahoma insider" cognizant of the fact that Oklahoma and Texas actually share most values and common interests - which is how Tramel speaks of Texas.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13h13 hours ago
@MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @flugempire
Is Flugar still talking about OU leaving? Lol.

@NebGradDubDub @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire
Its BS. Complete & utter BS.

@NebGradDubDub @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire
B12 has more security than B1G then because B12 contract 2 years longer.

@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @flugempire
The idea that ESPN/Fox would give a long term contract to a B12 without UT & OU is absurd.

The idea that the B12 would give up the $ on the current deal & let UT & OU out is absurd.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
To cure the harm done ESPN/Fox would have to pay more than the B12 gets now for a longer term.

For a less valuable product. Cheaper to wait.

Plus I guarantee you that ESPN & Fox want the Big 12 intact with UT & OU as members.

The only year anyone gets out of the GoR is 2025. Not 2019, not 2020 or 2022 but 2025.

@NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @flugempire 2025.
All of you need to own this simple fact: The GoR expires in 2025.

No amount of wishful thinking or deception is going to change that simple fact so accept it.

Reaction Score

Also got home and home with Missouri, Boise State, BYU, Indiana and Illinois.

Oversaw UConn's jump to Hockey East.

Helped get the Basketball center built on campus.

Warde was great for UConn. Because he couldn't wave a magic wand and get us into the ACC isn't on him.

Also, not for nothing, but during the Cuse-Ville game earlier this year they had someone (I forget who) from Louisville on and they were praising Syracuse for helping the Cardinals get into the ACC. So it wasn't just BC, Clemson and FSU that lined up against us and I would venture to guess that, despite initial media reports, we probably were never the real front runners.

Reaction Score
Having said all that about Flug and Tramel, I think I need to add something else. I don't think either one actually knows what's going to happen and if I had to bet, I'd say they're both wrong.

I'm no insider and I have no desire to deceive anybody with lies.

But I have reason to believe expansion has not actually cooled. To the people selling conjecture, it's been an up and down thing. To the people involved (who signed non-disclosure statements) it has been a steady process.

There's talk like Texas and OU's unwillingness to sign a GOR is a shift but it has been their consistent stance from day one.

I still think the conference will expand. Probably by two. Probably Cincy and Houston. I'm sorry, UConn fans. You were my favorite, but these things are just my hunch at this moment in time, based on conversations with people who know people who shouldn't be talking.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Berry knows BIG TEN MAN? Should be able to turn that into a Pulitzer.

It really is amazing what people will believe.

I'm not mad at Flugs - I don't care what he dreams up - I'm mocking people who think he is providing inside information.

He is just another news source. Mocking people for following him is like mocking people for watching football because they listen to TV announcers that can't predict which play will result in a touchdown or an interception.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He is just another news source. Mocking people for following him is like mocking people for watching football because they listen to TV announcers that can't predict which play will result in a touchdown or an interception.

He is just a guy talking out of his rear end. It's like calling HFD a news source.

The comparison to predicting plays is funny from someone who is always talking about false equivilencies.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call him a news source in the least, but I also don't get hell bent out of shape on what he says. @Charley Horse did a good job showing his many flip flops on various things. I don't doubt he knows someone somewhere he feeds him morsels from time to time, but like you said Bowlsby or Boren don't know where this is going so how good of a source does he really have?

Reaction Score
KU should be 'safe' between their basketball image and AAU status, they would be attractive to the B1G and SEC as long as the state of Kansas is willing to potentially sacrifice K State to G5 status to save KU as a P4 school. OK is a wildcard as the state of Oklahoma may have to think about the same; but, with some credibility in football and basketball and a deep pocketed donor, I can see the SEC grabbing them with OU going to the B1G similar to who the SEC took 'risk' with TA&M to open the door to a new market as they could not get the big name in U Texas.

I don't mean to disparage KU at all with the following post, but if my memory is correct, wasn't KU one of the schools left scrambling back in 2011 when it looked like the Big-12 might collapse with the rumored defection of OU, OSU, UT and TTech to the PAC? Nothing that has transpired since 2011 for KU Football has given me the confidence to say that KU would be invited to one of the remaining power conferences.

Again, I do not mean to throw shade on KU at all, but let us also be honest; KU football is fetid swamp filled with poisons snakes and misquotes with Zika, i.e. not desirable at all. UConn is a blue-blood power program in mens and womens basketball and your school is in the AAC; what exactly has KU football done recently to deserve a place in a power football conference?

KU is a member of the AAU, someone will say; well good sir, so is Tulane and Rice. They also play FBS level football and they are both located in two states with top class FBS level recruits. Sounds preposterous does it not, my suggestion that Tulane and Rice would get invited to B1G conference? I would submit that the notion of KU joining the B1G based upon solely on their status in Mens Basketball and AAU status sounds just as preposterous.

Now of course KU could very well be desired by the B1G and they are a fine university. I guess my point is that unless you are a member of Jim Delaney's inner circle of councilors or a B1G member school president, all anyone says of this or that school joining the B1G is just conjecture, pure and simple.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't mean to disparage KU at all with the following post, but if my memory is correct, wasn't KU one of the schools left scrambling back in 2011 when it looked like the Big-12 might collapse with the rumored defection of OU, OSU, UT and TTech to the PAC? Nothing that has transpired since 2011 for KU Football has given me the confidence to say that KU would be invited to one of the remaining power conferences.

Again, I do not mean to throw shade on KU at all, but let us also be honest; KU football is fetid swamp filled with poisons snakes and misquotes with Zika, i.e. not desirable at all. UConn is a blue-blood power program in mens and womens basketball and your school is in the AAC; what exactly has KU football done recently to deserve a place in a power football conference?

KU is a member of the AAU, someone will say; well good sir, so is Tulane and Rice. They also play FBS level football and they are both located in two states with top class FBS level recruits. Sounds preposterous does it not, my suggestion that Tulane and Rice would get invited to B1G conference? I would submit that the notion of KU joining the B1G based upon solely on their status in Mens Basketball and AAU status sounds just as preposterous.

Now of course KU could very well be desired by the B1G and they are a fine university. I guess my point is that unless you are a member of Jim Delaney's inner circle of councilors or a B1G member school president, all anyone says of this or that school joining the B1G is just conjecture, pure and simple.
I generally agree that there isn't going to be a line of suitors for KU if it hits the market. There may be some hope for the Little 8 that virtually all "traditional power conference" schools have remained part of the club, since the SWC was disbanded anyway. All BE schools found new homes over the years, when you consider the old Eastern Independents. Temple, ECU and Cincy were always kind of outliers, never really reaching that level prior to the BCS ending. Rutgers was saved by population, not competent football. If the ACC faced the same uncertainty, nothing would save the Wakes and BC's either, other than charity.

Reaction Score
He absolutely played both sides on ASU. And his announcement was the same day that it was announced that ASU wasn't going to B1G.

He then followed it up with the announcement that he was done reporting what his "BTM" was telling him. That lasted for a couple days before his his psychosis kicked back in & the voices in his head told him to start blogging again.

Because he has been the only one of the CR blogger buffoons to say favorable things about UConn this board, desperate for any good news, grabbed onto him & anointed him as the CR guru. There was even a point where people were trying to say that he was sharing info from Burton in an effort to justify his nonsense.

Did "he" admit that his Twitter account was multiple guys posting as one person, or was that some other Expansionista Twitterati?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He is saying that the B12 just came to the collective conclusion that it is dying, and that admitted it. Of course they won't have to worry about it until 2024 and they will be lining up to pay 6-7 plus 4 more money sight unseen, now.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire B12 has more security than B1G then because B12 contract 2 years longer.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 19h19 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire no it's not....B10 GOR is past 2035.....TV deal is desperate. That's why it's shorter.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19h19 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire Its bogus. Nothing Flugar has ever said has been accurate.

Jay Bird ‏@Jbirdp5 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @MurrDCU @Expansion_Crush @flugempire outside opinion flugar has been way more accurate than dude

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 6h6 hours ago
@Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @flugempire Fluge got a few things right with wrestling info

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
@MurrDCU @Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush 1. ACC will get networt 2. ACC/UMD settlement 3. CC/Sunbelt EXP

@MurrDCU @Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush 4. ASU HCKY not going to B10..2 days before it went public ..among others

@MurrDCU @Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush Spring of 2015 BTM stated B12 much more unstable than ACC. Dude went bezerk

@MurrDCU @Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush Spring of 15..BTM stated it was OU/KU which B10 would target next..not ACC

@MurrDCU @Jbirdp5 @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush Simply... no comparison between BTM/OU Contact info vs Dude.

Jay Bird ‏@Jbirdp5 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire @MurrDCU @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush the dude seems to have an altered sense of reality with most of this stuff

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Jbirdp5 @flugempire @MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush No, I just break news before the national media. That's my sense of reality.

Jay Bird ‏@Jbirdp5 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire @MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush I just haven't seen any examples of that in the time I've been following

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@Jbirdp5 @flugempire @MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush Really? Shall I recount?

Jay Bird ‏@Jbirdp5 58m58 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire @MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush you might have to, flug was way ahead of u at every turn with big 12 exp

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 42m42 minutes ago
@Jbirdp5 Is UCONN in the B12? Is UC? He trolled you UCONN guys hard.

Jay Bird ‏@Jbirdp5 29m29 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV nobody got in so that's a pointless statement

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
@Jbirdp5 No. You made an accusation that's blatantly false & I want you to back it up. What did he get right?

Mike Brem‏@MikeBrem
Mike Brem Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Why is 2024 different than today? Why is ESPN/Fox more like to dump "others" then than now? This ain't hanging together for me.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller What is your question again?

Mike Brem ‏@MikeBrem 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire @BasslerMiller Why is 2024 different than today for others? Why is ESPN/Fox more likely to dump "others" then than now? Thanks

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller ESPN/FOX has a contract with all of B12 for Teir 1/2 until 2024. "Others" will need to nail down extension

@flugempire @BasslerMiller Agreed, but why not enjoy Big XII $$ until then instead of letting OU/UT go now?

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller ....in "Relief Plan" the "others" $ would stay current until 2024. This is about after 2024 on $ and P5 status

@flugempire @BasslerMiller I get what you're saying but can't get my ahead around it. How do UT/OU ensure P5 status for others after?

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller Ilet's say KU/OU/UT/TT...leave B12 in 2024 then the ability for "others" to get above AAC $ in TV deal is nil

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller First..OU/UT wouldn't be let go now..maybe 2-3 years from now. Second.....

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller ....in "Relief Plan" the "others" $ would stay current until 2024. This is about after 2024 on $ and P5 status

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller This is not about changing TV deal for others before 2024 Its about others securing their best future after 2024

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller The Conferences which receive OU/UT & TV Partners ensure B12 P5 status for others early release of GOR.

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller Example: UT/TT goes to PAC..OSU/OU goes to SEC. B12-PAC-SEC have votes to keep reshuffled B12 as P5

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller In a couple of years the pressure will be enormous on the "others" to reach for compromise..to play chip.

@MikeBrem @BasslerMiller The Conferences which receive OU/UT & TV Partners ensure B12 P5 status for others early release of GOR.

The"others"would not give up money nor P5 status they have coming to them until 2024 This is about securing >AAC $ and P5 status after 2024

OU Contacts have info to believe OU's position is to sit tight..don't extend current GOR..wait for"others"to begin negotiations in 2019/20

Matt Wyers ‏@mkw_14 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire What's different about 2 years from now as opposed to a date that is sooner?

@mkw_14 Perception. Just a belief in about 2 years the pressure mounts for "others" to secure a future above G5/AAC in $ and status.

@mkw_14 It's 2016 now...but in 2019/20 the recruiting..securing loans..pushing donors.. It will get difficult. Breaking point.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 16m16 minutes ago
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/article_8160e3e8-8cb4-11e6-81cd-97e89ec38f67.html… ".....some very different opinions from some different schools" ISU President: B12 Expansion now less likely.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/784478047256797184… OU Contacts told us on July 21st there would be no 2-team solution On Sept 22nd...4 team EXP out due to BYU issues.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
OCT 5th OU Contacts told us Oklahoma will sit tight..not agree to extend GOR..wait for pressure to mount up on "others" in another 24 months

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Latest from my source: expansion is jumping off the tracks.

UT and Boren could find no common ground when they met last weekend. Can not agree on who to add.

Looking like the B12 will accept a band-aid from the networks to keep our $ at a solid #3 ahead of ACC and PAC for remainder of contract

Contingency plans are already being made by all schools in the B12 in case UT and OU bolt after GOR is up. Though most feel they will stay

B12 offers both easiest path to a playoff spot and as we have all witnessed this summer, a bicameral leadership they won't enjoy elsewhere

Andy Olsen ‏@Andysbbqpit 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 have fun with that Round Robin and CCG

@Andysbbqpit what's sad is if we don't expand, we will probably drop to 8 conference games.

Andy Olsen ‏@Andysbbqpit 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 warning you right now....after all of this and the interviews and the backroad dealings, your conference is toast dude.

Brian DavisVerified account‏@BDavisAAS
Most interesting thing at today's Texas-OU luncheon: Some Sooners want to join the Big Ten with Texas in '25. But OU would need UT's help.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Brian Davis

https://mobile.twitter.com/BDavisAAS/status/784463442014941185… B10 would love to have both..OU would love UT to join..but no, OU will not need UT to tag along to get into B10

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 16m16 minutes ago
@BDavisAAS Nebraska would love OU and Texas in the B10 west.....A&M would be jealous of the FB schedule and academic superiority

ME: Oh, well. MH ver3 and Dood should better start welcoming Cincinnati as a conference mate in two/three years. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom