Non-Key Tweets | Page 608 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Well, that's interesting. No trace left of the most interesting and encouraging posts of the day, just minutes after they appeared on the BY. Methinks said poster(s) thought they might have exposed a little too much information. But thanks very much anyway. Hope it's true.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
well, if any news broke within UConn, Diaco hasn't heard it

Gulp. Is he really that out of touch too? We need to put Diaco on a muzzle until the Maine game when I expect to be in the B12 with no turning back. Plus, now I am worried about the QB position...another reason to get our B12 ticket before the season starts.

Reaction Score
Well, that's interesting. No trace left of the most interesting and encouraging posts of the day, just minutes after they appeared on the BY. Methinks said poster(s) thought they might have exposed a little too much information. But thanks very much anyway. Hope it's true.
can someone let me know what that was? I'm very curious.

Reaction Score

I wish I never saw those posts because now I have my hopes up again

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Use PM. Clearly it can't be posted here again. Even my post that quoted the original was removed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well - someone claimed to have the scoop that we are big 12 bound and in sharing this good news left a very easy twitter trail to follow back to people at ESPN and FOX who probably don't want to be accused leaking the major scoop of the decade.

Reaction Score
Gulp. Is he really that out of touch too? We need to put Diaco on a muzzle until the Maine game when I expect to be in the B12 with no turning back. Plus, now I am worried about the QB position...another reason to get our B12 ticket before the season starts.

Someone needs to put bob in a room and bring in JC to put the fear of God in his eyes. Bob....STFU

Reaction Score

If we told you what it was it would have to be taken down again. ;)

It was someone sharing what we hope is true (good news) but shared a bit too much about the source.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
funny-cat-pictures.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:

I'm on it!
Toonces the cat? 80's SNL references anyone?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Well, no name of the actual source was shared so it might be difficult to trace back to the original source of information but it's better it's not in the public eye if negotiation is still taking place. Better to let it happen than start having it put up all over the internet and have decision makers rethink decisions.

Reaction Score
Saw this on a byu board some guy was at the Dallas Marriott and saw a big 12 meeting in the schedule. Could be trolling but he went in and got an agenda after.

image.png image.png

Reaction Score

Actually he said what any sane person who is "in touch" with reality would say. He also knows he is talking about the current conference, and either way, what he says has ZERO affect on the current CR.

Reaction Score
As best as I can make it out, there doesn't seem to be anything specific to CR.

Well then I'll just assume it's over then and they've already decided. Or they're smart enough to not write it on a piece of paper.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It says "other business." Hmm... Maybe they're discussing what to do with Baylor?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The likelihood of any kind of promise or expected behavior (non-contractual) being honored 9-10 years in the future is slim-to-none. The networks are businesses, they will do what is best for the business (in their judgment, such as it is) at that point in time. It's entirely possible the entire landscape changes by then.

The Big XII needs to do what it feels is in the conferences best interest, but expecting some back room agreement with an executive at a network who may or may not be in the same position and with players that may or may not represent the best future partners in a changing landscape; would be foolish at best. It doesn't mean it's impossible that it happens, but thinking a hand-shake will carry the day a decade down the road is (IMO) a poor bet.

First of all you completely misrepresented everything I posted.

I never said anything about some handshake deal that would come into play next decade.

I'm simply stating that if they have the ability to add any 4 schools pro-rata and they do that it will severely damage their relationship with the two networks - who are the only buyers in the marketplace.

If you don't think it would negatively impact the Big 12's future negotiations - I don't what to tell you other than that viewpoint is wrong.

The idea that the future negotiations wouldn't be impacted by $800 million dollars worth of payments that the networks don't want to make is ridiculous.

Relationships like this work when there are partnerships. Fox and the Big Ten for example. The Masters and CBS. The Olympics and NBC.

The Big 12 may decide they don't care - but there is not a single person on either side who doesn't understand it will impact their future.

We are having this conversation because of human reaction. The Big 12 wasn't expanding last month - then they got their feelings hurt by the ACC network annoucement and now they are discussing expanding again.

So how exactly won't the human reaction on the other side not color their decisions. Are they going to want to be partners again on anything but their own terms?

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
So hearing now that Fox supporting B12 expansion and ESPN pushing against.

H ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
But Fox telling B12 if ESPN doesn't want their contract on next renewal then fix would be more than happy to take it all.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
And surprise surprise: Fox wants 4 teams. BYU and 3 in the east.

But fox will settle for BYU, 2 eastern teams and Houston.

Fox also offering to keep pro rata in the contract in case B12 wants to expand again later on.

But fox wants at least 12 more years and a new GOR

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
Fox trying to persuade B12 to add a Florida school. Wants exposure for Fox in that market

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
Fox prefers B12 to add BYU, UC, Uconn, and UCF.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 10m10 minutes ago
Fox executives telling B12 that if we expand then Pac12 will be the next to expand with at least 2 G5s.

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 just merge with the AAC already and call it a day.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
@DocBunyan you mean like the ACC did with the BigEast?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
Fox telling B12 that adding those specific schools maximizes their market penetration from available candidates.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
And those are the same four that the research firm suggested for maximum market coverage as well.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
I have one source telling me Cincy has formally told the AAC they are withdrawing from the conference.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
Haven't been able to verify that with my AAC(former BigEast guy that always has good info) contact though-he's been very quiet.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5m5 minutes ago
Was told this happened today at AAC meetings. Still trying to get verification on this. Stay tuned.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
So in 5 minutes I've had 10 different people pm me that UC has indeed told AAC they are leaving. Still awaiting word from my AAC guy...

ME: Hmmm...the Civil Conflict might live on...;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom