Non-Key Tweets | Page 508 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Have you never seen the actual gate numbers published? Seriously how bad do you need to believe in something that isn't true that you can't accept what really happened?

I'm not calling out the school for bogus numbers they aren't alone. I was calling out the fraud who made the chart.
He didn't make up the numbers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do I trust the published number of 38,109 more than than you guestimating how full you think a pretty packed stadium is on game day?

You're darn right I do.

If you prefer worse data that is your preference.

How about when they publish the actual gate numbers? Do you still go with the published number?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So in summation, you are just upset at the guy who tweeted the chart but agree that a lot of schools inflate their numbers.
OK

Not upset at all. It seems like the opposite really - others are upset when someone disagrees with them.

Rally around a fraud if you like. It's not going to stop me from pointing out he's a fraud.

Reaction Score
If you prefer worse data that is your preference.

How about when they publish the actual gate numbers? Do you still go with the published number?

Show me an instance where you are finding a contradiction between reported attendance numbers in a game recap in the media and the numbers a school reports. In every game I've ever been to, the number is the same. The home team reports the attendance figure usually in the 4th quarter and that's what the media uses as the standard number.

If you have some source that can show me what the actual turnstile numbers are - that is independent of the school, I'd like to see it.

Reaction Score
The irony of you completely ignoring the gate numbers reported by the school and the media, yet claiming to exist in reality is just fantastic.

"I'm gonna call out the university for reporting fake attendance numbers."
"So you discovered data showing what the real numbers were?"
"No I'm counting on my own perception of what I saw in the stadium to determine what I think an appropriate attendance number is. THIS IS THE REALITY."
Well that is the Fiesta Bowl attendance methodology. Uconn sold way more than reported numbers in that game based on what people saw in the stands.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He didn't make up the numbers.

I didn't say he made up the numbers.

I think there are legitimate cases to be made on UConn's behalf. I would choose not to try and make a case on numbers that are so fraudulent they are laughable.

They published a number larger than 30k for Towson. If I recall the actual gate number was around 18k.

I don't even want to look up the SMU number - but the actual gate was around 5k.

Like I said when a fraudulent idiot thinks he is being clever I enjoy pointing it out.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not upset at all. It seems like the opposite really - others are upset when someone disagrees with them.

Rally around a fraud if you like. It's not going to stop me from pointing out he's a fraud.
I realize you are still upset how he handled a situation from a few years ago but if you aren't going to average the reported numbers, how else would you do it?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyway, not a terribly interesting subject... Back to non key tweets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Show me an instance where you are finding a contradiction between reported attendance numbers in a game recap in the media and the numbers a school reports. In every game I've ever been to, the number is the same. The home team reports the attendance figure usually in the 4th quarter and that's what the media uses as the standard number.

If you have some source that can show me what the actual turnstile numbers are - that is independent of the school, I'd like to see it.

That you aren't paying close enough attention isn't my fault or problem.

Turnstile count has been published in the media for a lot of games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I realize you are still upset how he handled a situation from a few years ago but if you aren't going to average the reported numbers, how else would you do it?

If I were making a case for UConn in CR I'd leave football attendance out of my argument.

Reaction Score
That you aren't paying close enough attention isn't my fault or problem.

Turnstile count has been published in the media for a lot of games.

You just said gates for Towson was 18,000. Yet, I just spend 10 minutes googling and reading recaps and couldn't find that printed anywhere.

So to recap:

"The numbers UConn puts out for attendance are incorrect."
"There are correct gate numbers that get published, but if you can't find them that's your problem."
"I can eyeball attendance at the Rent more accurately."

Ok, got it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You just said gates for Towson was 18,000. Yet, I just spend 10 minutes googling and reading recaps and couldn't find that printed anywhere.

So to recap:

"The numbers UConn puts out for attendance are incorrect."
"There are correct gate numbers that get published, but if you can't find them that's your problem."
"I can eyeball attendance at the Rent more accurately."

Ok, got it.

Here you go. Will you stop now or do I need to go and find every gd time they published it? And I was called stubborn...

Rentschler Field: Empty seats at a sold-out stadium

Reaction Score
Here you go. Will you stop now or do I need to go and find every gd time they published it? And I was called stubborn...

Rentschler Field: Empty seats at a sold-out stadium

Thank you. I appreciate the link, was that so hard to justify your claim beyond "I can tell with my eyes thats not the real number?"

Now, whether or not you want to knock Matt for using the reported attendance versus gate attendance, the bottom line is that he's not making up the numbers and I have no problem with him using the same numbers that the school themselves are using in their pitches.

Reaction Score
If I were making a case for UConn in CR I'd leave football attendance out of my argument.

If I were making a case for Cincinnati or BYU to be selected above us I'd invite you as a character witness to testify on UConn's football attendance.

Seriously, whose side on you on? Call me a bad person but at this point I don't care if the attendance numbers are inflated if they help UConn. Just win baby...

For God's sake, if I wanted to listen to UConn's football attendance get mocked I would just go over to the other Big12 boards.. Isn't the Boneyard suppose to be a "safety nest in the trust tree" for UConn fans?

Reaction Score
Honestly, for what purpose? Talk about the worst Intel, or obviously lack thereof ever.

I'd guess he's posting under another handle. Who would show up with that one? Embarrassing
Why are you such a chit head toward skiblets?
He never said we were going to be invited to a conference did he? He said he heard good news regarding CR without getting too specific. Doesn't mean his Intel was right or wrong. Maybe nothing has come of it yet and maybe nothing will.
But he's not the kind of poster to let anything out just to get likes or attention.

Edit- just saw jostar beat me to skiblets defense. Well done

Reaction Score
Why are you such a chit head toward skiblets?
He never said we were going to be invited to a conference did he? He said he heard good news regarding CR without getting too specific. Doesn't mean his Intel was right or wrong. Maybe nothing has come of it yet and maybe nothing will.
But he's not the kind of poster to let anything out just to get likes or attention.

Edit- just saw jostar beat me to skiblets defense. Well done

The entitlement of people on this board about inside info is absurd. I had someone call me out when I said Brown was going to visit and might commit, and then when news came out that he was visiting, but he didn't commit, that somehow made my info wrong and stupid.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This might come as a surprise to you - but nothing anyone is posting impacts anything.

Pointing out that fantasy data is nonsense isn't tearing things down - it's just existing in reality.
So you are arguing on the UCONN board about the accuracy of fantasy data? For the love of G-d, why?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know other schools inflate their numbers. Some of my numbers are estimates - so are based on published reports of the actual turnstile attendance.

Like I said if you have a real story to tell why pretend incorrect things are true?

The guy who made the chart is a fraud. That the chart says things some people want to believe are true doesn't make them true.

I'd prefer not to rally behind a fraud - that's just me. Obviously others mileage may vary.
Seriously, man, you've made your point 10 times over. Let it go already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom