Non-Key Tweets | Page 454 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
"Why would the B1G threaten a lawsuit against anyone spewing fiction on Twitter?" Um, pretty sure that happens often enough to have a specific term attached to it--libel. I'm sure it's true that OU and B1G have at least talked a little bit, but that last comment by Dude of WV made me laugh

No. Posting internet rumors about realignment - even if totally made up -- would not give someone a cause for action for libel. No real lawyer wrote MHV a letter telling him he couldn't write his silly crap.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16h16 hours ago
I have a friend who sent multiple FOIA's to B10 offices and UNC and UVA.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 you FOIA'd a private entity? Is that what you're saying here?

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 2h2 hours ago
Source: Contrary to recent myth and legend, UCONN would not be #11 or #12 in B12 expansion. Geography being the only, but major, factor.

Look for the B12 to expand by 2 with announcement pre-June. The two additions would join for 2017 season. B12 to help some w exit fees.

Step 2 is to establish B12 net by 2017 via ESPN. Step 3 is championship game by 2017 season.

These three things must happen before planB can commence. But the two additions will be added in a way that doesn't sting if B falls through

Im told the following. Cincy is #11. Memphis is most likely #12.

Plan B happens with the death of ACC network Pipe dream. FSU, Clemson, Miami, BYU would be 13-16.

BYU is likely a better candidate at 11/12 but they know they can get them later.

#11 and #12 will be added to satisfy first 3 immediate needs while striking a blow to ACC expansion possibilities.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 2h2 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa BYU over say Louisville, Pitt or GT?

@geoffmitchell because everyone is rushing to watch Pitt and GT on TV??

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 2h2 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa network would value cable homes of Georgia and Penn. BYU quality product but administrative headache

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 1h1 hour ago
@geoffmitchell Tech would be target of B10..albeit Rutgers 2.0. Pitt? Good luck

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 1h1 hour ago
@PromiscuousJawa I want Pitt as much as I want herpes. But B10 research dollars have some weird continuous state clause.

@geoffmitchell yes. Which is why they would add UVA, DUKE, UNC to get there.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 1h1 hour ago
@PromiscuousJawa I'm so dumb I forgot NC touched GA!

@geoffmitchell the SEC would fight for UNC. The belief is that UNC-Duke are a pair and wouldn't split. SEC wouldn't have room at 16.

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 2h2 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa I do have a hard time understanding why ESPN would give the big 12 their network only to allow it to destroy the ACC?

@Martyaborg part of back door dealin in the B10 Negotiations? Not hard to fathom at all.

@Martyaborg I guess I better be quiet there before I'm "threatened into silence"

ND has the power to stop the entire thing and derail it all. If they want to give up 1 legacy rivalry to get the ACC to 16 without pods.

Without ND there is no ACC network

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 2h2 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa sorry just saw you answer on BYU

@Martyaborg realize BYU could be knocked out by ND or UofL. It isn't set in stone

Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 1h1 hour ago
@PromiscuousJawa @Martyaborg tell those whoever "told" you to stop smoking crack. No way anyone leaves a stronger ACC for an unstable B12.

@ki676love @Martyaborg would they leave for a stronger B10/SEC? Yes. ACC would crumble.

Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 58m58 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa @Martyaborg Memphis isn't good enough in football or academics for B1G10. Football isn't good enough for SEC either

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 56m56 minutes ago
@ki676love @Martyaborg you obviously cannot read

Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 29m29 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa @Martyaborg yeah mixed them up. Louisville needs a partner or divisions will be uneven in SEC or B1G10 & don't add much

ME: Looks like Utini is trying to fill MH ver3's shoes. :p :D

Reaction Score
That's the guy who blocks everyone who asks him questions, right?

The idea that adding Cincinnati and Memphis to the Big 12 gets them a network is... well, it's perfectly at home in this thread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Source: Contrary to recent myth and legend, UCONN would not be #11 or #12 in B12 expansion. Geography being the only, but major, factor.
Promiscuous Jawa is an unapologetic troll, who first surfaced to mock Tuxedo Yoda and got sucked into the lure of spouting random CR stuff for retweets and likes.

We almost need another class of thread for him.
Key Tweet,
Non-Key Tweet,
Idiot musings.

Reaction Score

Promiscuous Jawa is an unapologetic troll, who first surfaced to mock Tuxedo Yoda and got sucked into the lure of spouting random CR stuff for retweets and likes.

Key Tweet,
Non-Key Tweet,
Idiot musings.
Never mind that he incorrectly denotes UVA and UNC as private and thus un-FOIA-able entities.

Reaction Score
Never mind that he incorrectly denotes UVA and UNC as private and thus un-FOIA-able entities.

No. He was making the point that the Big Ten had no reason to pay attention to the request since it is not public.

If we have to read this anonymous, unsourced and made up crap, can we at least only post non-key tweets that say good things about us and cheer us up? What's the point of posting silly made up crap that just denigrates UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Memphis over UConn for # 12 in the Big 12 would be...par for the course.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Memphis over UConn for # 12 in the Big 12 would be...par for the course.
Remember that was an earlier rumor. Having the metrics professionally evaluated is the best news we've gotten. It doesn't mean that we aren't still doomed or won't be screwed in the end but it is still good news.

Reaction Score
FWIW: UConn vs Cinci vs Memphis vs BYU

http://colleges.startclass.com/comp...-of-Memphis-vs-Brigham-Young-University-Provo

Of these 4 colleges:

• Cincinnati-Main Campus is the Largest School: (35,313 Total Students)
  • BYU is the Most Difficult to Get In: (47.0% Acceptance Rate)
  • BYU Offers the Cheapest Tuition: ($5,000 Tuition)
  • BYU Offers the Cheapest Out-of-State Tuition: ($5,000)
  • Memphis Provides the Best Freshmen Financial Aid: (97% of Eligible Freshmen Receive Aid)
  • Connecticut Students Graduate the Most in 6 Years: (82% Graduation Rate)
  • Connecticut Students Earn the Most Salary Post-Graduation: ($50,000 Median Salary)
  • Memphis Has the Smallest Class Sizes: (14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio)
  • Memphis Has the Hottest Summer Weather: (81.4 °F)
  • BYU Has the Coldest Winter Weather: (30.6 °F)

UCONN..... ..... .... ..... CINCI..... ..... ..... ..... MEMPHIS.... ..... ..... BYU

Capture.GIF

MEMPHIS US News rank not published)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Key Tweet,
Non-Key Tweet,
Idiot musings.

Ironically it would actually seem like geography is one of the things working most in our favor. The Big 12 needs a broader footprint and new markets. We bring the DMA's.

Reaction Score
Ironically it would actually seem like geography is one of the things working most in our favor. The Big 12 needs a broader footprint and new markets. We bring the DMA's.
While the DMA thing is true, it would require many B12 schools to commit to adding a school that would greatly increase travel.

Reaction Score
Understood, but isn't this whole Big 12 expansion thing about $. They're going to have to travel to get it.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
Why would the B1G threaten a lawsuit against anyone spewing fiction on Twitter? Think about that....

Zach Mauch ‏@zachmauch 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV why would he voluntarily stop talking?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@zachmauch Mh ver & Flugar are frauds. You can't FOIA a private non-profit charity other than operational docs they file for taxes.

@zachmauch So he claims the B1G sent him a letter. Let's see it.

@zachmauch Flugar claims UC's Ono followed him but refuses to show any reports verifying his claim.

@zachmauch And now MH VER says the B1G threatened him.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@zachmauch Guess what. Around the 1st part of Feb. I FOIAed OU. I'm not disclosing what I learned.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @zachmauch why not share it?

@zthedges @zachmauch Because I'm too lazy to write it up & it does nothing to further understanding.

@zachmauch But here's OU's initial response as proof. See how easy it is?

CdJgS4XUsAAOCuK.jpg

Martin borg ‏@Martyaborg 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I know there's a ton of crazy rumors out there. But I do not see ESPN giving the big 12 a network just to have the ACC raided..

@Martyaborg It's pure economics. ESPN can turn the LHN loss into a profit.

Lance ‏@lancefield03 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV b/c it's not fiction perhaps?

@lancefield03 really. You think anything said on Twitter means anything to thx B1G?

@lancefield03 Besides you can't FOIA the B1G.

Stop the panic. The expansion item in @MitchVingle's story today isn't new. Nothing has been decided.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 2h2 hours agoIrmo, SC
@theDudeofWV @MitchVingle Yep it was just rehashed everything that was said the past 1-2 weeks

@Mountaineer_Ste @MitchVingle Still accurate. Not new. BYU still in play.

Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 29m29 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @MitchVingle it wasn't new or even accurate. The fact he doesn't even mention BYU shows it's lacking. They all can't be wrong.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @zachmauch I just searched all of OU's directory.There was no name of 'Sabrina N' or'Stubblefield' besides Patrick Stubblefield

@JonBCoker @zachmauch Check again.

@JonBCoker @zachmauch I don't want to give out her contact info but this will help.

CdJl4o6XEAAlI3U.jpg

@JonBCoker @zachmauch You confirm it yet? Most schools have set up an office to deal with FOIAs.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @zachmauch touche dude. Just confirmed it. My apologies

PAL ‏@PAL88888 8h8 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa How many conference games would ND play in 16 team ACC?

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 7h7 hours ago
@PAL88888 9-10 without pods.

PAL ‏@PAL88888 6h6 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa Wow! Expected you to say 8, maybe 9 max.

ME: Conference realignment ethics, according to the Dood. :D

Reaction Score
Honest to god I don't think there is anything in this world less key than these clowns getting into a pissing match with one another over completely made up set of circumstances.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He probably learned nothing from his FOIA request, because like our Mr. Tinker found out, you gotta pay for that shtt.

Reaction Score
This was posted on the OSU scout board. No idea who the poster is....

Re: NCAA / Realignment Discussion (Part V)
Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Some high level donors got to watch UConn football spring practice today with the president and some other key names. At the lunch one of the things talked about was the AAU progress the school is making. The president attended a AAU meeting in late Janurary. She said its expected that she will be in attendance for another meeting in May where budget stuff for 2017 is discussed by the organization. Seemed like she was very happy where UCONN was positioning itself. She was asked if other presidents of non AAU schools were allowed to attend and she replied by saying that all members of The Ivy League were represented and that another school from the "northeast corridor" was also represented.

Other things talked about were basic school matters and the re rise of football getting back to mid 2000s status and then getting to the next level from there on the field. The interim AD who works with the president hinted at their being a reason the season tickets last year and this year are 1 year plans and not 3 like the past decade before that. Seems they are gearing up for something and want to hit it hard when it happens football wise.

On another front, hockey, it seems the plan now is to possibly knock down the old high school which is in a great location for UCONN and build a 5k hockey barn in that spot around 2018. They will apply for a Wagner form Hockey East to extend its time in the XL until then.

http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-s...92-ncaa-realignment-discussion-part-v?page=38

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This was posted on the OSU scout board. No idea who the poster is....

Re: NCAA / Realignment Discussion (Part V)
Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Some high level donors got to watch UConn football spring practice today with the president and some other key names. At the lunch one of the things talked about was the AAU progress the school is making. The president attended a AAU meeting in late Janurary. She said its expected that she will be in attendance for another meeting in May where budget stuff for 2017 is discussed by the organization. Seemed like she was very happy where UCONN was positioning itself. She was asked if other presidents of non AAU schools were allowed to attend and she replied by saying that all members of The Ivy League were represented and that another school from the "northeast corridor" was also represented.

Other things talked about were basic school matters and the re rise of football getting back to mid 2000s status and then getting to the next level from there on the field. The interim AD who works with the president hinted at their being a reason the season tickets last year and this year are 1 year plans and not 3 like the past decade before that. Seems they are gearing up for something and want to hit it hard when it happens football wise.

On another front, hockey, it seems the plan now is to possibly knock down the old high school which is in a great location for UCONN and build a 5k hockey barn in that spot around 2018. They will apply for a Wagner form Hockey East to extend its time in the XL until then.

http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-s...92-ncaa-realignment-discussion-part-v?page=38
This lessened the blow of waking up at 4:30 to a crying infant. It's plausible and that's good enough for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom