Non-Key Tweets | Page 379 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Penn St, Rutgers, swimming at Yale.
I just did a quick google search and that's what came up. cheerleaders though?

What else are they going to spend all that tv money on?

Reaction Score
Penn St, Rutgers, swimming at Yale.
I just did a quick google search and that's what came up. cheerleaders though?

Are cheerleaders at a women's swim meet a little redundant?

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-swim/psu-w-swim-body.html

And I mean no disrespect to the women's swim teams. That was a a major program at my high school and at UConn, the crew team (club) often did land practices with them back in the day. Nothing builds respect like having to do the 5 mile campus loop (Horsebarn bill) together at 6 AM in under 35 minutes followed by stadium sets at the old Memorial stadium with an added twist - stopping halfway-up and doing 25 push-ups and 50 sit-ups on the bleachers before continuing to the top. By the section C, I was holding her hair up while she threw up under the bleacher and by Section D, she was rubbing my back while I did the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We want your AD first.
As quid pro quo? Done. I like the guy but I'd like to get back to the adult table.

Reaction Score
Key Tweets thread - be careful abusing the thread over there or the Righteous Man is gonna pop a cap in yo *ss.

Reaction Score
Been here much longer than the Michigan AD search. I have the conference realignment disease and started a here couple of years ago. Grown to like like the board as it's the one I post most often on the topic (I post very rarely on the VT cr board). I think UConn should be in the Big10.

I find the discussion here to be the best on the topic. The regulars here are much more grounded and realistic about the overall cr realm than most, though the VT board is decent as well. You have some crazies, but it's so much less than others. You all have rooted out the "my conference is better than your conference" stupidity very nicely and Fishy runs a tight ship.
Interesting, thanks.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I give the Dude the following credit: at least he is Captain Smithing down with his opinions. I think 99.99% of the country has known for quite some time that the B12 is a Big East 2.0 without expansion and without a network.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I give the Dude credit for just having a willingness to see this charade through to a conclusion.

I think my favorite tweet of his was this week when he tried to pop the relief valve on some of the grief that he was getting by stating that his wife was missing and that he was going to "kit up" and go out looking for her.....on his bike.

He is not the hero we deserve, but he is the hero we need right now.

Reaction Score
One of my favorites from the Dude:

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@hihoze I’ve advocated the B12 license LHN content. ESPN could subsidize $ losses on LGN that way.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @hihoze Sadly Bowlsby never returned my call.

Reaction Score
One of my favorites from the Dude:

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@hihoze I’ve advocated the B12 license LHN content. ESPN could subsidize $ losses on LGN that way.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @hihoze Sadly Bowlsby never returned my call.

Don't hold your breath waiting for your phone to ring.

Reaction Score
He's an interesting person. Not many people can annoy you so much when they are around but are actually missed when they're not around as well.

Reaction Score
Not sure why but I saw a large group of Penn st cheerleaders in New Haven today..also saw a smaller group of Penn state guys walking around. I didn't see anything concerning Yale vs Penn st anything....Unless I missed something in hockey.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that this is Walter Camp Weekend in New Haven?

Reaction Score
While not a "Tweet," an Austin-based publication put out an article reacting to Boren's comments (specifically talking about Boren's 6 or 7 expansion candidates). Here's what they said about each of them:

"Are there really “six or seven” attractive schools that Boren suggests would be appealing to the Big 12? BYU makes sense with its huge Mormon audience and national brand, but many consider BYU a Texas 2.0 in terms of arrogance and high maintenance. Plus, there’s the no playing on Sundays and the BYU Network problem that, much like the Longhorn Network, would stand in the way of a Big 12 Network, although one source told me the LHN could be folded into a B12 Network if Texas agreed. (Not likely.) And you just know West Virginia is licking its chops over even more distant travel from Morgantown to Provo, Utah. Yeah, right.

UConn would be a West Virginia travel partner and a basketball giant, and its location is so close to Bristol. Lots of opportunities for showcasing the Big 12 there.

Houston has had its hands up in the air forever. And it’s 2010 West Virginia-hot at the moment. But does the rest of the Big 12 really want to give the Cougars that Big 12 cachet and allow Tom Herman to go into living rooms and tell five-star prospects they can play at Houston and in a Power Five conference? I’m guessing a hearty no. But adding Houston wouldn’t bankrupt other Big 12 members’ travel budgets and is mildly enticing.

Either South Florida or rapidly growing Central Florida would allow Big 12 schools to foray into the fertile recruiting of the Sunshine State as Cincinnati would get the Big 12 into the Big Ten’s backyard and another large-city market. Something to be said for that."

Interesting to see them not list any of the "usual negatives" when mentioning UCONN...especially given that it's a pro-Longhorns publication.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/spo...s-clout-bold-big-12-thinking-essential/np6YY/

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Article is from Kirk Bohls (Austin American-Statesman) -- he's a real journalist (at the local level) and that's the 5th largest paper in the entire state. Bohls has been saying for a long time that if the Big 12 had to expand with G5 schools, his top picks would be BYU and UConn. He's tweeted out before that UConn being close to ESPN would provide a lot of "car wash" type exposure when visiting teams travel to CT for games.

The most interesting comment about his source claiming that the LHN could be folded into a Big 12 network. And as he mentions though, not likely.

Any time media members preach the positives about UConn it's a win for our national perception. Keep beating the drum. We'll land somewhere in the next 5 years.

Reaction Score
Article is from Kirk Bohls (Austin American-Statesman) -- he's a real journalist (at the local level) and that's the 5th largest paper in the entire state. Bohls has been saying for a long time that if the Big 12 had to expand with G5 schools, his top picks would be BYU and UConn. He's tweeted out before that UConn being close to ESPN would provide a lot of "car wash" type exposure when visiting teams travel to CT for games.

The most interesting comment about his source claiming that the LHN could be folded into a Big 12 network. And as he mentions though, not likely.

Any time media members preach the positives about UConn it's a win for our national perception. Keep beating the drum. We'll land somewhere in the next 5 years.
Bohls wasn't always a UConn champion...not too far back he actually mocked UConn to the B-12. He like Tramel has come around 180 degrees from where he has been in the past. To me that's a good sign....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The tone of that article and the tone of the Texas AD's remarks are mostly against expansion.

The author advises Texas to 'flex Longhorn muscles more often' which is exactly the thinking that put the Big 12 to grief in the first place.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
When Bob Bowlsby was asked about Boren’s wishes, the league commissioner repeatedly texted Saturday, “I cannot comment.”
Oh to be a fly on the wall when OU, UT and Bowsby are in the room together...

Reaction Score
Oh to be a fly on the wall when OU, UT and Bowsby are in the room together...
That and the in the room when OU. OSU & Kansas tell the bottom feeders they are leaving and there is no more B-12 Conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom