Non-Key Tweets | Page 908 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s an interesting situation with FSU. I pondered the GOR in a UNC to the B1G scenario this morning and concluded it was essentially impossible. Fox would put the risk of ESPN claiming revenues (on UNC content produced and aired by Fox) back on the B1G, which would have to put it on UNC. Otherwise any addition adds production cost and no revenue for Fox. UNC wouldn’t move to make less or no money.

But ESPN has the right to broadcast FSU home games in either the ACC or SEC. So the GOR isn’t really an obstacle. But would ESPN, struggling financially and laying people off, decide to pay FSU twice as much? I remain convinced there is no out for any ACC school until the GOR ends.
Only if it resulted in them being able to decrease the ACC pay out by a greater amount due to a change in composition of clause.

Reaction Score
This maybe my wishful thinking but I think Mora is up to the challenge of slowing Big 12 offenses. Has brought in many experienced dbs and could potentially win the battle of the trenches. Barry is afraid of writing the commentary when lowly UConn beats OKST.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Strangely he lists 100 reasons why we’re a good add and his only negative is the tired “gave up on football” narrative.
He’s a hack.

Looking forward to proving people wrong on the field this year and in the future.

Reaction Score

He's all over the place in that article. It's as much a positive article as a negative article, except for the title.

What is so hard for him to understand that we have a deficit because we get so little media money?

"And as I reported a couple of months ago, Big 12 administrators are alarmed by a $50 million subsidy UConn grants its athletic department. One change in Connecticut administration could wipe out that support".

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
He's all over the place in that article. It's as much a positive article as a negative article, except for the title.

What is so hard for him to understand that we have a deficit because we get so little media money?

"And as I reported a couple of months ago, Big 12 administrators are alarmed by a $50 million subsidy UConn grants its athletic department. One change in Connecticut administration could wipe out that support".
All his cons can be shredded to pieces

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This maybe my wishful thinking but I think Mora is up to the challenge of slowing Big 12 offenses. Has brought in many experienced dbs and could potentially win the battle of the trenches. Barry is afraid of writing the commentary when lowly UConn beats OKST.
Honestly, nobody but maybe Georgia is up to that task. It’s a very offensive oriented league. But you can score on them.

Reaction Score

Them: can’t take UConn because they don’t care about football

Also them: can’t take UConn because they are willing to spend money they don’t have to support the football program. A problem that would be solved if we added them

Reaction Score
. One change in Connecticut administration could wipe out that support".

So lame, yes UConn is a well oiled machine now with great support, but don't add them because maybe someday that changes.

Counter argument, they are successful without a big TV contract imagine what they can do with one.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score

1690728457082.gif

Conspiracy Kitty says: Oh, that's it! I'm going to drive down there and kick that Oakie's ass.

Reaction Score

One change in conference could wipe out that deficit.

Reaction Score

So investing is a negative, and not investing is a negative. He has that issue covered. What a dope.

CL82

Reaction Score
Strangely he lists 100 reasons why we’re a good add and his only negative is the tired “gave up on football” narrative.
Which makes the piece seem like it is a targeted attack against a generally favorable internal narrative for Connecticut. I don't know if that's correct, but that was my reaction reading it.

Reaction Score
Tramel loves to put out the "omg $50mil deficit" rhetoric which is so tired and lazy. One very quick google will reveal the subsidy (not deficit) is usually closer to $40mil if not for a one-time payout to an ex-coach (something the Big 12 knows plenty about). It is also very easy to find out that the Big 12 would pay out approximately $40mil more than the Big East pays out. Getting really annoying.

Reaction Score
13+ mil goes away from the Ollie thing. Toscano wants to address the accounting of CRDA payments. Don't know if the AD budget includes facilities maintenance. There are schools that separate that out. Think OU has a 200MM+ AD debt.

CL82

Reaction Score
13+ mil goes away from the Ollie thing. Toscano wants to address the accounting of CRDA payments. Don't know if the AD budget includes facilities maintenance. There are schools that separate that out. Think OU has a 200MM+ AD debt.
The CDRA's payments are essentially an accounting entry. The money comes from the state and goes back to the state. There isn't a reason in the world why we need to hide a portion of that horrifically managed organization's annual multi million dollar deficit through the universities athletic department budget.

Reaction Score
I interpret that tweet/X as he thinks UConn to B12 has a high possibility of happening. Nothing more. I assume that some of our intrepid electron warriors have set him straight? I have an account but do not post there.

Reaction Score
I googled, but can't find anything after 2020 for profit/loss statements for every school. Plus that wouldn't be accurate with covid

If anyone can find 2021 or 22 , I would love to subtract 40 million from every Big 12 school and send the results to the comments section of his newspaper

Every single one would be running a deficit for sure, and there would be some that would be as high as ours, since very few schools actually show a profit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom