Non-Key Tweets | Page 871 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lol, it definitely does. And not just because "the writer" missed the 2023 national championship.

That's because he didn't write the article. The site is pushing their narrative. A lot people don't want to see UConn get invited to the Big 12. Screw them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This feels like recycled AI written article but ill throw it here anyways.

Since 2011 I have "UConn Conference Realignment" set as one of my google alerts, and 90% of it stuff like this. All recycled, but this one I chucked extra hard with the Mhver tweet hahahaha

Reaction Score
BC, Miami, Pitt, Syracuse - the primary movers of blocking UConn. Why would we even think of joining them.

If that's what's left of the football landscape and UConn doesn't get the call, then joining the remnants of what burned down is still a good option, but any deal would have to be tiered based on merit. BC could not receive an equal distribution while remaining in the basement. UConn would have leverage and be top dawg, no pun intended.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't see why football couldn't join immediately, unless it complicates membership with the Big East and would prevent us from playing there. We could even take a haircut the first few seasons for football and use that as justification to receive full shares when basketball joins fully.

Valid point

Reaction Score
I don't see why football couldn't join immediately, unless it complicates membership with the Big East and would prevent us from playing there. We could even take a haircut the first few seasons for football and use that as justification to receive full shares when basketball joins fully.
I think the contract that UConn signed with the Big East prohibits UConn from moving football to a P5 conference. The contract allowed for UConn football to move to a G5 conference. Thus, I would think if UConn moves to the Big 12 it will happen for all sports at the same time as UConn would have to pay the exit fee anyway.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think the contract that UConn signed with the Big East prohibits UConn from moving football to a P5 conference. The contract allowed for UConn football to move to a G5 conference. Thus, I would think if UConn moves to the Big 12 it will happen for all sports at the same time as UConn would have to pay the exit fee anyway.
I don't think so. But supposedly there is some NCAA prohibition on splitting your sports if one of the conferences you are a member of offers overlapping sports programs.

Reaction Score
Here is the Big East contract with UConn. According to Sec 4. (a), UConn can participate in any conference with respect to any varsity sport not sponsored by the Big East. That's why we can be in Hockey East. It must apply to football, too.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. But supposedly there is some NCAA prohibition on splitting your sports if one of the conferences you are a member of offers overlapping sports programs.
I found this article which says:

My solution is to put together a group of conferences for all sports except football.

I will use many of the current names but in many cases, teams may be in one conference for football and a different one for basketball and non-revenue sports.

A good example is Hawaii. It is a member of the Mountain West (MWC) Conference in football but in the Big West for other sports. This allows the Rainbow Warriors to play Boise State and other good football schools, but they only have to travel to California in other sports rather than travel to Boise State or Colorado State. I think this model should be applied to other schools.

Reaction Score
A good example is Hawaii. It is a member of the Mountain West (MWC) Conference in football but in the Big West for other sports. This allows the Rainbow Warriors to play Boise State and other good football schools, but they only have to travel to California in other sports rather than travel to Boise State or Colorado State. I think this model should be applied to other schools.

If the great breakaway ever does occur, I think that'll become standard. Non-revenue sports will move towards geography based conferences because the distinction between G5, P5, whatever, etc. will no longer really matter.

Reaction Score
Univerfsity of Denver is in the Big East for lax, is it not? Or perhaps women's rowing?

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether or not the ACC wants us, why would we consider them when the Big 12 is on the table, and likely imminent? Besides the difference in money, the ACC is going to have several teams looking to get out whenever/however they can - UNC, UVA, FSU, Clemson, and probably VT. I get the appeal from a geographic and nostalgia perspective. It just seems like the ACC would be less profitable and more unstable in the long, long run.
So if all those left, would not the ACC effectively be the BE circa 2002 w/a Tobacco Road reject or 2?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think they're just waiting until after media day and there will be the exodus starting next week. I'm sure the presidents know the numbers for all streaming (Apple/Amazon) and some CW for linear.

It's over Johnny

Reaction Score
I think they're just waiting until after media day and there will be the exodus starting next week. I'm sure the presidents know the numbers for all streaming (Apple/Amazon) and some CW for linear.

It's over Johnny

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yet Notre Dame does that. So who knows?

Reaction Score
Expanding a business is expanding a business. Of course there are differences in any two situations, but again -- if adding a person, member, piece of equipment or anything else brings you value today, why would you not act on it today, but instead put it off until a second thing that adds value can be accomplished?
Because In your example, you have the ultimate power to hire the first guy early. But what if you proposed it but your management committee was concerned about the limited nature of his litigation experience. Perhaps there’s a sense that while your candidates an up and comer, his extensive background in Workers Comp, while laudatory, wouldn’t mesh with the philosophy of your lawfirm, and several of your key partners want you to wait for some balance provided by hire #2. You’re the new managing partner but you also understand that your several outside the box ideas, while helpful in enlivening your heretofore moribund firm, might benefit from hitting the pause button rather making a more hasty hire. Pausing a move that may make more noise than sense to several of your key partners shouldn’t be so hard to understand. While Yormark has a strong vision, he also has some pretty good eyes to see that orchestrating this decision well is a huge part of the value proposition.

Reaction Score

Calling BS. What else could they say?
At some point they will either be exposed as frauds, or they will get a deal good enough to keep the Pac together. This is an either or scenario.

Sadly, UConn’s position could be in limbo for months or years. Whatever Big 12 does or doesn’t do, it may not provide definitive answer we’re all looking for. That’s my current fear.

Reaction Score
Calling BS. What else could they say?
At some point they will either be exposed as frauds, or they will get a deal good enough to keep the Pac together. This is an either or scenario.

Sadly, UConn’s position could be in limbo for months or years. Whatever Big 12 does or doesn’t do, it may not provide definitive answer we’re all looking for. That’s my current fear.
when does the current PAC contract end?

CL82

Reaction Score
Yet Notre Dame does that. So who knows?
Notre Dame is independent in football. So it still is only affiliated with one conference.

For what it's worth, I've never actually read the rule. But I have heard it referenced a few times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom