Non-Key Tweets | Page 870 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It's a waste of breath to talk about throwing out BC. They just put the President of BC on the ACC Executive Committee. DiMauro tweeted about it.
Terzi is the key tweet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I worry about losing casual fans.....losing non alumni....losing a lot of people that only find college sports when scrolling. Its a big portion of the ratings.

You must not have paid attention to all the talk the last 5+ years about the collective fear of streaming for your respective team. You just ignoring all that fear from the power brokers (owners in pros / ADs in college)? We left the AAC in part because ESPN had designs to bury the WBB on ESPN+.

Its going to be another decade ahead until a streaming game is considered a respectable outlet vs a linear or cable game. Can recruits find your game on tv? It will matter less over time, but we aren't there yet - its still matters right now.
If you look at the FS1 and 2 numbers, not all that many people are finding them there either. That was something we used to make fun of the Big East for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The ACC can't take UConn. The expression football drives the bus is literally what the ACC is about.

There's very little holding that fragile conference together. If you upset Clemson or FSU any more than they already are, things would get worse in a heartbeat.

They're locked into a contract that's nowhere near what the SEC and B1G are getting and they can't lure any other P5 schools away, so there's only one thing for the ACC to do is wait.

Adding UConn would just accelerate the ACC's demise.

BC was fortunate to get a seat at the table while adding no value whatsoever to that conference. When the ACC breaks up, BC will join the Big East or the Atlantic 10 and be a bottom feeder team forever.

BC will never compete for a national title. Ever, and Syracuse, potentially is in danger of falling into irrelevance as well if they don't land in a top tier conference if the ACC goes down. Long term, they have a better shot than BC does.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a waste of breath to talk about throwing out BC. They just put the President of BC on the ACC Executive Committee. DiMauro tweeted about it.
BCU is such a waste of space. They brought nothing to the ACC. UConn would have been way better add a long time ago, but the ACC listened to Miami and Donna Shalala to add BCU.

I do appreciate schools like Duke, UNC, Virginia, Wake, and NCST going bat for us over the years. These schools were out voted due to politics and other dumb ass reasons like BCU wanting to be New England's team. That was a BCU pipe dream that will never happen. UConn is way more New England's team vs. Others. It won't be bad to be in the same conference with NC schools and Virginia, but screw schools like BCU, Pitt, and Cuse.

Like others said, if the B12 is available, we take the B12 offer and screw the ACC.

Reaction Score
All units are forfeited to the departed conference anyway. So makes little difference. Even those achieved in the interim after the notice given.
then maybe the 27 months thing is to make it more drama on the leaving team? I guess I'm trying to understand the logic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
then maybe the 27 months thing is to make it more drama on the leaving team? I guess I'm trying to understand the logic.

It is to give the departee conference the chance to replace the departing school. It is also to get schools and conferences to get their spit together so they announce in the winter or spring rather than the summer. That is why it is 27 months instead of 24. So if the Big 12 announces it is adding UConn at the end of August, that means that realistically, UConn would not join until 2027. Given a likely "earn-in" into the new league, UConn would probably not get a full share of their Big 12 TV revenue until 2030 or so, which (not so) coincidentally is right around the end of the Big 12's current ESPN contract.

In other words, if UConn left the Big East, it would be taking a lot of risk on a new Big 12 linear contract that might end up being a lot less than the current one.

Reaction Score
It is to give the departee conference the chance to replace the departing school. It is also to get schools and conferences to get their spit together so they announce in the winter or spring rather than the summer. That is why it is 27 months instead of 24. So if the Big 12 announces it is adding UConn at the end of August, that means that realistically, UConn would not join until 2027. Given a likely "earn-in" into the new league, UConn would probably not get a full share of their Big 12 TV revenue until 2030 or so, which (not so) coincidentally is right around the end of the Big 12's current ESPN contract.

In other words, if UConn left the Big East, it would be taking a lot of risk on a new Big 12 linear contract that might end up being a lot less than the current one.
I don't see why football couldn't join immediately, unless it complicates membership with the Big East and would prevent us from playing there. We could even take a haircut the first few seasons for football and use that as justification to receive full shares when basketball joins fully.

Reaction Score

I'll gladly take my chances with the Big 12. The new Big East is not the long-term answer for UConn athletics. The OBE was fine for us, the NBE isn't. Being a part of the Big 12 gives better scheduling opportunities for most of out major sports with the possible exception of men's basketball, but the Big 12 is also a very strong basketball conference. Better scheduling equals better media content.

Reaction Score
BC won't get thrown out, even though they add very little value to the ACC. They'll just go down with the ACC ship and try to ride someone else's coattails again. The ACC is being held together uncomfortably by a band aid called the GOR. At least half that league is waiting to bolt.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
With all due respect (and no, unlike Ricky Bobby I'm not going to follow that with an insult), you still haven't told me why if UConn adds value they wouldn't have added UConn now and filled the last slot later. What did they gain, if we add value, but not pulling the trigger on us now?
First of all, to quote the late great Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

I look at long-term and immediate value. UCONN will add immediate value due to our location and hoops pedigree (among everything else that makes UCONN great). The B12 is foregoing the opportunity for immediate value for long-term value. The long-term value comes from selecting the best partner school(s) to join UCONN in conference expansion. The uncertainty generated by the B12 considering expansion is an asset for the B12 because it gives them flexibility and leverage. The flexibility and leverage will give them an advantage in selecting the best schools for their future.

It is better for the long-term plan for the B12 to get the best schools it can, including us, than the short term benefit of securing us now and figuring out the rest later.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
That's a fair characterization. And it makes my point. So I'll say this and stop -- if we truly added value to the Big XII, and the Big XII realized that, there is no good reason they wouldn't take us. Among other things, it might make the Four Corner Schools realize that there might only be a spot for 3 of them and they didn't want to be the last one to ask.

I hope we get in. It is in the interests of the university and the athletic department. But this thought that we're worth $50M a year if we're paired with Colorado, but not otherwise, is not rational.
I am not saying we are worth $50 million a year if we're paired with Colorado. I have not tried to quantify the value we add. I am saying that we add value to the vision the B12 is trying to establish as a 1) national conference with a northeast location and 2) the premier basketball league.

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a waste of breath to talk about throwing out BC. They just put the President of BC on the ACC Executive Committee.
Didn't the Old BE do the same thing just before it blew apart?

Reaction Score
This feels like recycled AI written article but ill throw it here anyways.

Sports skeeda is just about that. AI content scraping with minimal human intervention. ‘Thousands of articles a day’. Hard pass on any of their stuff

Reaction Score
If the ACC lost 2 schools tonight, I still think they’d take Memphis and SMU before UConn. They’ve made it clear they don’t value us.

After the ACC is dissolved, if UConn is still available, we would get an invite.

The ACC isn't going to just loose two or four schools, it will be a full collapse, a house of cards as 8 or more would dissolve the conference.

The remaining universities would create whatever they could from both the ACC and PAC 12, which would have some good teams but spread out all over the place.

Reaction Score
Sports skeeda is just about that. AI content scraping with minimal human intervention. ‘Thousands of articles a day’. Hard pass on any of their stuff

Disregard that article, it's just click bait. This is the Nigerian soccer fan that wrote the article. The site most likely wrote it, but they are hiding behind this guy.

Reaction Score
Disregard that article, it's just click bait. This is the Nigerian soccer fan that wrote the article. The site most likely wrote it, but they are hiding behind this guy.

Does this mean anyone can grab a pseudonym and start pumping out propaganda through these guys? Maybe there's an opportunity here. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom