Non-Key Tweets

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Let me guess:

The BE saved us....
We're a bunch of ingrates....
They're better off without us....
We're letting football ruin a good thing.....
Pretty much nailed, just missing:

We should have never let UConn back in
Providence will be fine
Give us your money and tourney credits

Reaction Score
you have won football games against good competition in the past, and you fully intend to do it again.

Like Baylor, with RG3 saying the stadium is nice. Who else did we played before in the B12. I know we played Oklahoma before. But anyone (without the new AAC or WVU games we played)

Reaction Score
I didn’t want to start a Non-Key School thread, so thought I would post the Friar fans thoughts on UConn and the Big 12 here: UCONN B12 Rumblings.
One of the dumbest communities on the interwebz...
Screenshot_20230531-221648_Chrome.jpg

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
you have won football games against good competition in the past, and you fully intend to do it again.

Like Baylor, with RG3 saying the stadium is nice. Who else did we played before in the B12. I know we played Oklahoma before. But anyone (without the new AAC or WVU games we played)

Baylor 1-0
Iowa State 1-1
WVU 1-7

Oklahoma 0-1

Houston 1-3
Cincinnati 3-13
UCF 2-6
BYU 0-2

Reaction Score

RGIII:

“For me, it was also UConn, which is kind of surprising to some people. But when I was in college, UConn was a top-15 team. And their fans had a lot of liquid encouragement at a night game, and it was it was loud. It was one of the hardest hardest places for us to play.”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Of course a Providence fan can’t possibly conceive of an athletic department that wants to survive and thrive in all sports. That’s not a slight on the BE but he has it stuck in his head like a jilted ex.
I've known quite a few PC fans going back to the early 1980's and they are a unique lot. For a long time they prefaced every statement on their men's hoops program with "we are the smallest school in D1" (which isn't accurate).

In all candor, they all too often sound like they should be allowed to tee off from the ladies tees yet be given full credit when they shoot par, and, if they end up within a few strokes of the lead, be viewed as if they did have the lead.

They expect us to continually reassure them that they are our equals (they aren't even close) and view us as smug and obnoxious if (normally as a reaction to their badgering us for validation) we point out our success.

The "rivalry" has a little juice due to proximity but the reality is, ic it really meant anything, we would gave played them at least a couple times when we were in the AAC.

I really don't see them as much different than Seton Hall in terms of schools that are important to us.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I honestly haven't heard any UConn fans crapping on the Big East. UConn fans love the Big East. The non-FB UConn fans I know all hate leaving the Big East.
If we happen to mention our success we're obnoxious jerks who believe were too good for the rest of the conference. At least that's how fans of the little school to our east view things.

Reaction Score
Its worse than that. If you read the Providence board they say we are nothing without the Big East, that the BE made us and won that NC, and we will wither away and die if we go Big 12.

That's the majority of them, not just a few.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Its worse than that. If you read the Providence board they say we are nothing without the Big East, that the BE made us and won that NC, and we will wither away and die if we go Big 12.

That's the majority of them, not just a few.
Let's find out if this is true. I'll take my chances with the B-12 and see if we'll either and die in that conference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've known quite a few PC fans going back to the early 1980's and they are a unique lot. For a long time they prefaced every statement on their men's hoops program with "we are the smallest school in D1" (which isn't accurate).

In all candor, they all too often sound like they should be allowed to tee off from the ladies tees yet be given full credit when they shoot par, and, if they end up within a few strokes of the lead, be viewed as if they did have the lead.

They expect us to continually reassure them that they are our equals (they aren't even close) and view us as smug and obnoxious if (normally as a reaction to their badgering us for validation) we point out our success.

The "rivalry" has a little juice due to proximity but the reality is, ic it really meant anything, we would gave played them at least a couple times when we were in the AAC.

I really don't see them as much different than Seton Hall in terms of schools that are important to us.
Seton Hall recruits the New York metro area the same way we do. And their fans are decidedly less obnoxious and delusional than our friends to the east.

Reaction Score
Let's find out if this is true. I'll take my chances with the B-12 and see if we'll either and die in that conference.
We've changed coaches, we've changed conferences, and the result is still the same: a national championship. Not sure why a move to another conference would be any different this time. Maybe change at other schools doesn't work out, but for us, it doesn't seem to matter.

Reaction Score
We've changed coaches, we've changed conferences, and the result is still the same: a national championship. Not sure why a move to another conference would be any different this time. Maybe change at other schools doesn't work out, but for us, it doesn't seem to matter.
I do think travel hurts you long term in basketball. It just is what it is nowadays with the way conferences are structured, but it does suck.

Reaction Score
Moving to the AAC definitely mattered for us. Yes, we won the national championship immediately upon moving over -- but went straight downhill after that in mens basketball (and football for that matter).

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Moving to the AAC definitely mattered for us. Yes, we won the national championship immediately upon moving over -- but went straight downhill after that in mens basketball (and football for that matter).
I still firmly believe that coaching had far more to do with this than anything else.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Ollie got some good recruits - just never got anywhere with them

Reaction Score

What gets me about it is we carried that conference for 30 years while they leeched off our blood, then have the audacity to say the BE carried us.

They actually think they would be us if we were not in their way

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom