Non-Key Tweets | Page 832 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why would you say that?

This isn't news. The Big 12 was always going to wait until the Pac 12 media deal gets resolved. Hopefully soon.
Correct. There is zero new information here.

Colorado (or any other current P-12 member) isn't doing anything until they know what the P-12 has to offer.

I still believe Gonzaga is a non-starter (if I'm wrong, the lower tier of the BE better worry). I don't see the B-12 starting a hybrid model but if they do look for three non-football BE schools to also receive offers.

Reaction Score
Why would you say that?

This isn't news. The Big 12 was always going to wait until the Pac 12 media deal gets resolved. Hopefully soon.
Well we know this is non key tweets but you probably know why. Since some these resent tweets and stories were getting to a fever pitch level as though COL and Uconn were imminent. Like the one a few posts above with Uconn accepting it's invite this morning and big news at 4PM , SMH !

Reaction Score
Well we know this is non key tweets but you probably know why. Since some these resent tweets and stories were getting to a fever pitch level as though COL and Uconn were imminent. Like the one a few posts above with Uconn accepting it's invite this morning and big news at 4PM , SMH !
The big news will happen tomorrow if form holds...lol. UConn broke the news of rejoining the NBE & going independent in football on a Saturday.

Reaction Score
The big news will happen tomorrow if form holds...lol. UConn broke the news of rejoining the NBE & going independent in football on a Saturday.
This can't be right, i was working, and in New Britain Hospital that day.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Cliff notes of meetings: Colorado will rejoin the B12. Gonzaga is in for basketball. UConn is still in the air as there could maybe be an all sports invite coming if the right circumstances occur but may be a bball only. AZ has and AZSU problem.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Oh and B12 will be distributing over $50m per team average over the next few years including playoffs and ncaa money.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Also FOX agreed to prorata for any P5 additions and select G5 additions.

Reaction Score
Moving to the AAC definitely mattered for us. Yes, we won the national championship immediately upon moving over -- but went straight downhill after that in mens basketball (and football for that matter).
That’s because our coach gave up and stopped doing his job. Hurley is the guy and will flourish in the Big 12 or Big East

Reaction Score
…And then one of you found $5?
No, they are dreaming of Arizona, ASU, Colorado and Utah before UCONN comes up........seriously, do you think that anyone from Texas and Oklahoma wants UCONN in the Big 12 before them?

Maybe, if only Colorado jumps, does UCONN become attractive as its pair.....but this is a difficult sell to football rabid fans who think UCONN has a lackluster football program with little history

I have been to a number of bedlam games.......when you get your teeth capped with UCONN you can join them.......because there were more than a few front teeth capped with OU.......they are rabid fans who think very little of eastern football

It is everything to them

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For the B-12 this is entirely about positioning for the future, if it requires some redundancy (two schools in the same states, Ut & Az) so be it.

The P-12 is either going to die a slow death or it will reinvent itself. If it reinvents itself, that will primarily be at the expense of the B-12, which is what the B-12 does not want to happen. Oregon and Washington are going to bide their time until the B1G is ready to add a few more schools. Cal and Stanford are going to hope they can remain at income and competition levels similar to what the current P-12 offers long enough to still be somewhat attractive if and when the B1G finishes adding schools (10-15 years out). I personally still see a reasonable chance that the SEC (when they decide to expand past 20, also 10-15 years out) will look seriously at Arizona & Arizona St.

I've felt all along that our best path at a B-12 offer would be if Colorado accepts and all other four corner P-12 schools decline. I also believe that the only chance we will have is if an odd number (one or three) of P-12 four corner schools say yes. If the B-12 can take any P-12 members this will be a blow to the P-12. If they take three or four, this may cripple the P-12 as if nothing else, it will allow the B1G to move more quickly on Washington and Oregon without fear of litigation or being labelled a conference killer.

I also will repeat (mentioned a few times in earlier posts) that nothing will happen until the P-12 finalizes their new contract terms. Nobody is leaving the P-12 prior to fully understanding what it is they are leaving. This doesn't mean that we will hear the P-12 contract announcement first, merely that all schools will be presented with the terms and and schools that may consider leaving will decide at that point.

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree with that. The Big 12 isn’t the AAC.
And much more importantly, Hurley isn’t Ollie. In 2020 the year that got blown up by Covid, UConn was peaking at the right time and we wanted to see what that team could do in the postseason and that was in the AAC. Hurley can flat out coach and we know how good he is at recruiting

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This guy is a donkey. UCONN already spends B12 money on athletics and has more national championships than most of the schools in the conference. Stop it.
Most?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not yet, but they're adding Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston, so they're well on their way.
The PAC is hemorrhaging and the ACC is probably stable solely due to the GOR based on publicly whiny members. The B12 is a standard deviation ahead of the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom