Non-Key Tweets | Page 834 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

GG

Reaction Score
A few e-mails from my friends (we won't call them "sources", as that apparently triggers the weak minded) overnight and if Yormark and the #Big12 doesn't get all #Pac12 Four Corners schools, the next option is #UConn in ALL sports. The Huskies desperately need the income!!

Some #Big12 fans saying no to #UConn because their football team has been so bad. Just consider it like the #SEC, when you get the Huskies on your schedule late in the season...you know, and "off week" game, only it's a conference win!!
Above Tweeted by Greg Swaim - @GSwaim

Reaction Score
A few e-mails from my friends (we won't call them "sources", as that apparently triggers the weak minded) overnight and if Yormark and the #Big12 doesn't get all #Pac12 Four Corners schools, the next option is #UConn in ALL sports. The Huskies desperately need the income!!

Some #Big12 fans saying no to #UConn because their football team has been so bad. Just consider it like the #SEC, when you get the Huskies on your schedule late in the season...you know, and "off week" game, only it's a conference win!!
This is where a smart person steps in to remind the Big 12 teams of their own futility in recent history. Or we help them understand that we've won more basketball championships in the last decade, quarter century, whatever time frame, than their entire conference combined.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GS waim
·
2h

Reaction Score
I wonder if Arizona State AAU status through a wrench into the plans of ASU to the Big 12?

Does the B1G covet Phoenix?

Reaction Score
Even if the ACC and PAC collaborate or merge, the top programs will still leave first chance they get.
Yeah, that's not even the point. With the Oklahoma/Texas and USC/UCLA moves, we already have a Big Two. The other 3 P5 conferences are trying to position themselves for ultimate survival at a level below that but above everyone else.

Reaction Score
I don't think we'd ever see the day when SW aim, of all people, is defending UConn but here we are...

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 10m
#Big12 fans, so how would you feel about the #Buffs, #BearDown, #UConn and Oregon State as the #Beavers (I've always wanted to say that)? And all sports, no basketball only crap.

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim ·8m
Replying to @GSw aim
As of today, unless the #SunDevils and #Utes want to live in obscure squalor for a decade plus, you're admin now knows you're on the clock and the clock strikes midnight after the Fourth of July weekend. Whether you join or not, I'm more excited about the backup plan!!

Reaction Score
I’m beginning to sense three out of four adds have been decided: UConn, Colorado, and Arizona. I feel those are all very solid adds. I think we’re not hearing much because they are trying to one more.

It’s the 4th I can’t get comfortable with. Now this guy added Oregon St. Doesn’t get me excited.

I’m thinking UNLV could be good. Who in California sounds good? San Diego St? Not sure. Who else in California are “getable”? Others are tied up (for now), like ACC. Too bad, Syracuse would make a great partner for us.

So who else?
Cal. A
UNLV. B+
San Diego State. C
Memphis. C-
Arizona St. B-
USF. B
Tulane. C+
Colorado State. C+
Wyoming? SMU? Others?

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I’m beginning to sense three out of four adds have been decided: UConn, Colorado, and Arizona. I feel those are all very solid adds. I think we’re not hearing much because they are trying to one more.

It’s the 4th I can’t get comfortable with. Now this guy added Oregon St. Doesn’t get me excited.

I’m thinking UNLV could be good. Who in California sounds good? San Diego St? Not sure. Who else in California are “getable”? Others are tied up (for now), like ACC. Too bad, Syracuse would make a great partner for us.

So who else?
Cal. A
UNLV. B+
San Diego State. C
Memphis. C-
Arizona St. B-
USF. B
Tulane. C+
Colorado State. C+
Wyoming? SMU? Others?

Thoughts?
That's an underwhelming list. Memphis and SDSU keep with the strong basketball angle. Utah which isn't on your list is stout in football. Cal I guess, that's a good add with some potential but again it's underwhelming. Considering some others on the list Boise St Fresno St should be too

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 6m
BREAKING: A retired media member from Denver, who became a friend of ours when the #Pac12 began having their existential crisis, says this CU board meeting tomorrow is the "beginning of the end" for their P12 membership, "This comes from a former board member and a done deal."

SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 4m
From everything pouring in today, Arizona should be right behind Colorado in joining the #Big12, but that may be it. Don't be surprised if it is, as #UConn and #SDSU also a TON of buzz today!! #Buffs #BearDown
So this makes it easy for B12 to take CU and UConn. Arizona can be promised in. The issue is whether SDSU has a steeper cost if they are forced to hold past June. Don't know what the contract language is. But if B12 just decides to grab CU, UConn, Arizona and SDSU, then they can wait on whatever else plays out with ASU politics and maybe Utah or an even bigger fish like Washington, Oregon. It puts the entire PAC and by extension the B1G on the clock. But it's weird how some of these sportswriters are planting every flawed scenario they can imagine to keep UConn out of the equation. Like waiting on the ACC for your next move. When's that happening?

Reaction Score

So who else?
Cal. A
UNLV. B+
San Diego State. C
Memphis. C-
Arizona St. B-
USF. B
Tulane. C+
Colorado State. C+
Wyoming? SMU? Others?

Thoughts?
not sure cal wants to go to B12. if they did, they could be influential over the conference given its global academic reputation

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Where did that ever come from in the first place?
One of the West Virginia idiot's postulated it.

Reaction Score
Why should we be partnered with a small upstate NY school that's not good at sports?
I don’t like the orange either. Other NY FBS teams (Buffalo, Army) are not starters. But in terms of marketing it represents a potential strong rivalry in the northeast. This is where I felt BC was so stupid to block us out of the ACC.
The battle of NYC. New York vs New England.

Reaction Score
That's an underwhelming list. Memphis and SDSU keep with the strong basketball angle. Utah which isn't on your list is stout in football. Cal I guess, that's a good add with some potential but again it's underwhelming. Considering some others on the list Boise St Fresno St should be too
I tried to consider market demand. SD and Fresno have four FBS schools in front of them (UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal) drawing from the same state population. Utah split with BYU and Utah State. Idaho is too small a market.
Maybe this is why I see the draw for UNLV

Reaction Score
I don’t like the orange either. Other NY FBS teams (Buffalo, Army) are not starters. But in terms of marketing it represents a potential strong rivalry in the northeast. This is where I felt BC was so stupid to block us out of the ACC.
The battle of NYC. New York vs New England.
It's over. People need to let this old timey s*it go. It looks sad chasing after these schools like some jilted ex. There is simply no way to recreate that magic ever. Everyone is in a very different place than they were 20 years ago.

Reaction Score

So who else?
Cal. A
UNLV. B+
San Diego State. C
Memphis. C-
Arizona St. B-
USF. B
Tulane. C+
Colorado State. C+
Wyoming? SMU? Others?

Thoughts?
Cal would be a huge get. Otherwise, ASU or SDSU for #16 (or #17 and #18). Then turn east in due course to get to 20-24 teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom