Non-Key Tweets | Page 829 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
( Courant - 2019 ) ...
Withdrawal fee
If UConn decides to leave the Big East, it will have to pay a hefty fee. The terms of the contract state that UConn will be responsible for paying the conference $30 million if it withdraws within the first six years of membership. If the school bails within a three-year period after that, $15 million is owed. After 10 years, UConn would owe $10 million. A withdrawal fee can be split up into four payments, if necessary.
Yep, those are from the contract that Connecticut has with the big east that is an overlay to the bylaws. The bylaws themselves will say what the withdrawal notice. Is and will also defined the standard withdrawal fee.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
there are a lot of negative comments about UConn in this feed. One guy, however, said,

Big fan of adding UConn. With enough investment they could be a good long-term value add.

What does he think we need to invest in? I‘m just curious, as our facilities are more than P5 capable. Maybe a stadium. When we are in, we extend Mora+staff, Hurley, Geno, and Penders, then we wait for Mora to kick a s s, plus Penders. Basketball will do what we do.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sorry… out of pocket all day (no clue if there is more recent/amended copy post 2014 changes).

Article 11.0 talks about required withdrawal notice (27 months which seems consistent in a bunch of other articles):

Yeah that's the only copy I have as well. I'm not sure that the C7 used the identical language when they started up their new conference in 2013. I guess the only way to get a copy of the current Big East bylaws would be to FOIA UConn for it.

Reaction Score
What does he think we need to invest in? I‘m just curious, as our facilities are more than P5 capable. Maybe a stadium. When we are in, we extend Mora+staff, Hurley, Geno, and Penders, then we wait for Mora to kick a s s, plus Penders. Basketball will do what we do.
To be fair most college sports fans have no clue what UConn does or doesn't have in terms of facilities. They've watched UConn employ mostly retread coaches while racking up losses for a decade straight. In their mind that is indicative of a school not investing in the most important sport. It will be up to your AD and fanbase to go on a PR Offensive. Let people know that you have pretty nice facilities on par with the P5, and that you have won football games against good competition in the past, and you fully intend to do it again.

Reaction Score
This isn't a tweet but there are a couple people claiming Colorado and Memphis:
Bouncing back from my first ever bout with Covid and lingering symptoms I hope never to repeat, hopefully brain fog alone isn’t the sole cause of chuckling about some joker citing a wishful local Memphis news reporter, and references to the 50-something Memphis media market, and Memphis’ massive academic strides. Maybe it’s all credible, or not.

Reaction Score
this seems official tbh.

A couple of things:

UConn potentially joining the Big 12 prior to the ACC's Collapse next decade is huge. You would go from just another school fighting to get picked, to part of the group doing the picking. 30 million dollars is a drop in the bucket to pay The Big East if you could potentially make 200-300 million dollars more over the next decade by being in The Big 12.

If Arizona, and Arizona State follow Colorado out the door, suddenly you have a 16-team conference with distinct divisions that can be rotated.

West- BYU, UA, ASU, Colorado
Texas- TTU, TCU, BU, UH
Plains- KU, KSU, ISU, OSU
East- Cincy, WVU, UConn, UCF

Most important of all The ConFlict can be resurrected as a season ending rivalry game. If there is any justice in this world Crazy Bob would be on hand to present the trophy to the winning side upon its return to college football glory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
West- BYU, UA, ASU, Colorado
Texas- TTU, TCU, BU, UH
Plains- KU, KSU, ISU, OSU
East- Cincy, WVU, UConn, UCF

This would be a great conference to be a part of, it would be 2003 again for football, and something I haven't thought of before is the potential of the Hurley brothers in the same conference. Thankfully they would still be recruiting different territories.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Our facilities (namely the stadium) need a drastic investment. Need to add about 20k seats including many more premium amenities.

Also need a major investment in off field staff and other support areas for the program that P5 teams provide. Recruiting analysts, coaching analysts, etc

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
2h
Bigger news is that Espn and Fox have agreed to pro-rata for UConn in all sports if AZ doesn’t pan out.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
2h
I have one source who believes the UConn all sports interest by B12 is a cover to get Az to make the jump -fear of losing the spot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I didn’t want to start a Non-Key School thread, so thought I would post the Friar fans thoughts on UConn and the Big 12 here: UCONN B12 Rumblings.
Let me guess:

The BE saved us....
We're a bunch of ingrates....
They're better off without us....
We're letting football ruin a good thing.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom