Non-Key Tweets | Page 822 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Let's face it. The UConn football team was a horrible program for years. That kind of record cannot be ignored. I doubt blame conferences for being realistic But if Mora can get eight wins this season, and win a bowl game, and get the Rent filled, maybe the powers that be in the B12 -- or even the ACC -- will give us the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
Let's face it. The UConn football team was a horrible program for years. That kind of record cannot be ignored. I doubt blame conferences for being realistic But if Mora can get eight wins this season, and win a bowl game, and get the Rent filled, maybe the powers that be in the B12 -- or even the ACC -- will give us the benefit of the doubt.

if you account for the losing years you also need to recognize the winning years. the same people who only go back 10 years for football go back 70 years for basketball.

Reaction Score
The program is still fairly new to 1-A and only spent 16 years in a conference. I don't know why everyone focuses on the bad seasons. I'm sure Kansas's record is worse over that same time period. UConn hoops wasn't great in the early days of the big east and next thing you know, 5 rings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
D2E41E47-3DA4-4DB1-ABBC-CFDD91A7EF73.jpeg

Reaction Score
The program is still fairly new to 1-A and only spent 16 years in a conference. I don't know why everyone focuses on the bad seasons. I'm sure Kansas's record is worse over that same time period. UConn hoops wasn't great in the early days of the big east and next thing you know, 5 rings.
It's this kind of rationalization that has led to UConn being so far unable to get to a Power 5 conference. If we were serious about football when we were in the AAC we too would be likely heading to the B12 with our former conference mates. Serious football programs would have dumped the losing coaches we had -- quickly -- and made sure their replacements were effective. As it is, Mora has many challenges ahead of him this coming season not the least of which is: do we have a quarterback who can run or throw the ball and receivers who can catch it, well enough to win at least eight games. The B12 and ACC representatives do not want to hear more excuses or stories about the team of a decade ago. Boneyarders cannot be in denial. UConn for years was one of the worst FBS programs in the nation and many commentators suggested UConn downgrade to FCS.

Reaction Score
It's this kind of rationalization that has led to UConn being so far unable to get to a Power 5 conference. If we were serious about football when we were in the AAC we too would be likely heading to the B12 with our former conference mates. Serious football programs would have dumped the losing coaches we had -- quickly -- and made sure their replacements were effective. As it is, Mora has many challenges ahead of him this coming season not the least of which is: do we have a quarterback who can run or throw the ball and receivers who can catch it, well enough to win at least eight games. The B12 and ACC representatives do not want to hear more excuses or stories about the team of a decade ago. Boneyarders cannot be in denial. UConn for years was one of the worst FBS programs in the nation and many commentators suggested UConn downgrade to FCS.
I'm not saying UConn did everything perfectly but it is still fairly new to D1, it got effed over repeatedly in CR and it made a couple of bad hires. Programs like Nebraska, Va Tech, WVU, AZ State, Colorado, TAMU all had bad seasons last year despite being P5. Instead of discussing FCS maybe people can focus on how quickly UConn got up to spead when it first joined a BCS conference and could do so again.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying UConn did everything perfectly but it is still fairly new to D1, it got effed over repeatedly in CR and it made a couple of bad hires. Programs like Nebraska, Va Tech, WVU, AZ State, Colorado, TAMU all had bad seasons last year despite being P5. Instead of discussing FCS maybe people can focus on how quickly UConn got up to spead when it first joined a BCS conference and could do so again.
I understand but let's remember how Cincinnati got messed up with realignment and how they responded vs. the unimpressive way UConn FB and maybe USF FB responded. There is such a rapidly-changing college football environment. Mora, unlike our prior coaches, understands it and hopefully can work through the challenges. But fans do need to hold the AD, president, coaches and the trustees accountable. This is not John Toner's type of football team anymore which we can all agree was amazing for the 1960s. We really need to get to a top 30 FBS program.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
Our guest talking about Louisville as the 8th team from the #ACC to want out, but he's not only doubling down, but tripling...no, quadrupling that, saying #NotreDame and #Pitt also going along. The only teams that want the ACC to survive are those who have nowhere else to go.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
Our guest talking about Louisville as the 8th team from the #ACC to want out, but he's not only doubling down, but tripling...no, quadrupling that, saying #NotreDame and #Pitt also going along. The only teams that want the ACC to survive are those who have nowhere else to go.
Man, this guy... ND has everything we want, we will not lead the charge to kill the conference.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Man, this guy... ND has everything we want, we will not lead the charge to kill the conference.
As a Big10 fan who would love ND in the Big10 (to hate, of course), I couldn’t agree with this more. The only way they go into the Big10 is if they have no where to go. The more it’s saying it’s happening, the more it’s pushing ND away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom