Non-Key Tweets | Page 820 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good news/bad news; Brett Yormark waking up to a plethora of new ideas… WV will be leading the charge for east coast buddies.

I know people will clamor for us to wait for the BE resurrection; but that runs the risk that the B12 doesn’t strike first taking Pitt, Louisville and others. The B12 has a conf ready to go while the BE resurrection will need a media partner to give it a backbone which might be hard to coordinate at this point.
As long as we are getting a full share of conference revenue, we need to go wherever someone is willing to have us. The decision gets more difficult if someplace like the big 12 offers us a reduced or partial share.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the right move for UConn (and the Big East) would be for the Huskies to join the ACC schools for all sports. I have a hard time seeing the catholic schools once again aligning with football schools who would obviously and openly be courting any invitation out… and the biggest brands for any TV deal are going to be the football schools that are leftover with only Villanova a big enough name to potentially break through the noise of a Syracuse, UConn, Duke driven basketball conference.

If you can do it under the ACC brand all the better as you can collect the exit fees and use that to (re)build the conference.

Reaction Score
The remains of the ACC can still keep the conference going, they can also merge with whoever is left in the Pac12. The leftover ACC may include BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, they can add UConn, Army Navy and Tulane.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
BREAKING: Just verified this with a colleague who will also be reporting soon that #CardNation just became the eighth team to put the #ACC's existence into serious jeopardy. Of course that means the #Big12 has made the offer. Conference Realignment is going down...and soon!!

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
BREAKING: Just verified this with a colleague who will also be reporting soon that #CardNation just became the eighth team to put the #ACC's existence into serious jeopardy. Of course that means the #Big12 has made the offer. Conference Realignment is going down...and soon!!
Not sure I believe that. Its becoming obvious that state flagships are the way to go in expansion. UConn should be more attractive than Cuse, BC, UL and Pitt to someone looking long term. This isn't just about today, its also about 10-20 years from now.

Reaction Score
uc
Not sure I believe that. Its becoming obvious that state flagships are the way to go in expansion. UConn should be more attractive than Cuse, BC, UL and Pitt to someone looking long term. This isn't just about today, its also about 10-20 years from now.
uconn b12 or acc now, big10 in decade!

Reaction Score
Both Louisville and Pitt are public institutions.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h

Hahah.. so Louisville is going to pay the ACC exit fees and open itself up to litigation to make a lateral move payout-wise? Bless their heart.

Reaction Score
Yes, but they are not state flagships. They both play second fiddle in their own state.
I was just clarifying your list as it related to state institutions... I get what you're saying about flagships but there are instances where state schools noted named University of "X" are stronger than their flagship's athletic programs (over multi-decade spans): in FB ASU over UA, VA Tech over UVA, etc; in BB Pitt over Penn State, Michigan State over UM, etc. But, to your point, most state flagships get more long term grease within their own states and generally outperform their in-state brethren.

Reaction Score
A lot of ‘dont’s’ in that article and a weak ‘do’. No one can predict the future but $30 M is $30M for a broke AD running unsustainable losses

Reaction Score
Hard to find a dumber person than Forde.
It's amazing that the known Uconn/Calhoun hater, shill for Louisville/ Pitino is still spining fake crap like this. Hey Pat how about a deal ?
Uconn to the ACC/ and Ville to the Big 12 or are they back from that death penalty yet ?

P.S. --bet the ACC would take that deal yesterday, LOL!

Reaction Score
Hahah.. so Louisville is going to pay the ACC exit fees and open itself up to litigation to make a lateral move payout-wise? Bless their heart.
Why would you say that when no one else is? The significance of #8 is that is raises the possibility that they could dissolve the ACC. No exit fees. No litigation. No lame duck conference. And they join what would clearly be the #3 conference.

"#CardNation just became the eighth team to put the #ACC's existence into serious jeopardy."

Reaction Score
This is the longest stretch women’s basketball has gone without winning a title. Time for another one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom