Non-Key Tweets | Page 818 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
UConn flys to freaking Nebraska for less than 1/10 of what the schools in The B1G are making. Nobody that is trying to run a major athletic department in 2023 is getting away without traveling.
That’s not cross country..and that’s one school..they also take a bus to 3 schools

Reaction Score
That’s not cross country..and that’s one school..they also take a bus to 3 schools
Why does any of this matter? Most of the B1G schools are in the middle of the country anyway, and only Rutgers and Maryland are on the east coast, so at the end of the day USC and UCLA are mostly only flying halfway across the country. The travel won't be that much different than when UConn was in the AAC.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Talking from experience, taking a bus is not fun. I would much rather fly. 8-9 hours on a bus is uncomfortable and after a game, painful. As a college athlete who always took busses, I would have much rather have flown, even over a 3 hour drive.

The biggest issue is the time change but most of these athletes have played all over the country with their travel youth and AAU teams. Players miss several days of school in a row for the various sports. I have seen middle school hockey kids miss an entire week flying to tournaments. I have had students go to China for an international soccer tournament. This student was in 8th grade at the time.

Is it ideal? Absolutely not but these athletes know what they are signing up for when they play collegiate sports. Most of them are quite used to it. The great thing for the parents is they don’t have to pay for the sports.

Reaction Score
Talking from experience, taking a bus is not fun. I would much rather fly. 8-9 hours on a bus is uncomfortable and after a game, painful. As a college athlete who always took busses, I would have much rather have flown, even over a 3 hour drive.

The biggest issue is the time change but most of these athletes have played all over the country with their travel youth and AAU teams. Players miss several days of school in a row for the various sports. I have seen middle school hockey kids miss an entire week flying to tournaments. I have had students go to China for an international soccer tournament. This student was in 8th grade at the time.

Is it ideal? Absolutely not but these athletes know what they are signing up for when they play collegiate sports. Most of them are quite used to it. The great thing for the parents is they don’t have to pay for the sports.
Doesn't make sense to fly to NYC and Providence which are a 2 1/2 hour and hour drive respectively from Storrs. You can make the case for flying to Philly though.

Reaction Score
Doesn't make sense to fly to NYC and Providence which are a 2 1/2 hour and hour drive respectively from Storrs. You can make the case for flying to Philly though.
New Jersey either

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why does any of this matter? Most of the B1G schools are in the middle of the country anyway, and only Rutgers and Maryland are on the east coast, so at the end of the day USC and UCLA are mostly only flying halfway across the country. The travel won't be that much different than when UConn was in the AAC.
Which sucked, as had been frequently recounted by players and coaches.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The point I was referring to was that athletes would be better off riding a bus than flying. I realize that flying when a bus ride is more practical than flying, but charter bus rides are not fun.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 17m
BIG NEWS: This isn't my story, as someone else has a similar report that the #B1G will not only invite the #Ducks and #UDub, but surprisingly (to me anyway) #Stanford and #CalBears. I don't have to tell any of you, but this would absolutely, positively end the #Pac12 immediately.

Reaction Score
These guys are just guessing in the dark...entertainment value.....the Pac to B1G info seems logical...the ACC info does not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 17m
BIG NEWS: This isn't my story, as someone else has a similar report that the #B1G will not only invite the #Ducks and #UDub, but surprisingly (to me anyway) #Stanford and #CalBears. I don't have to tell any of you, but this would absolutely, positively end the #Pac12 immediately.
I feel a little rule one of conference realignment happening here with Pac 12 leftovers going to the big 12 taking up a slot that Connecticut might’ve otherwise occupied.

Reaction Score

This video has more info but its all based on moving parts like 8 teams dissolving the conference and then the schools getting into the B1G or SEC subsidizing their co-conspirators who helped them break apart the conference, till 2036. The other 7, well they're SOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom