Non-Key Tweets | Page 824 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
ND and Texas do the least with the most $

Despite ND’s success or lack of they have built a huge brand over the last 100 years. For that they deserve props. Texas has the fortune of being in a large state and despite having serious competition in Texas they are the state university. They too have done a great branding job.

Reaction Score
Despite ND’s success or lack of they have built a huge brand over the last 100 years. For that they deserve props. Texas has the fortune of being in a large state and despite having serious competition in Texas they are the state university. They too have done a great branding job.
Again, my point is despite all the revenue advantages, and name recognition these are school has recently won championships in the either of the big two sports. I called out a big fail.

Reaction Score
Again, my point is despite all the revenue advantages, and name recognition these are school has recently won championships in the either of the big two sports. I called out a big fail.

Btw, I do really dislike ND, but I try to be objective. ND has made the CFB 2 times in 8 years. Though they were beaten like a rug each time, it’s still something, though I do not believe they earned It. People beat us up for the Fiesta game loss, but no one says a thing about ND. I’m not positive but I believe ND may have a wee bit higher academic standards compared to OSU, Bama, or Georgia for example. I’ll give them that.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Want to explain why the other 15 schools (Big East) and 14 schools (ACC) could not and cannot get their own acts together to "save" their own conferences without ND ????
ND is living on the golden years from the Silent Generation. They are, at best, a good team. They'll join the B1G within the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
Buyer beware to future conferences. Be careful letting ND come in everything but FB. Look at what happened to the Big East and ACC. If the ACC crumbles who takes them in everything but FB next?
Please. Take ND's other sports or not, but are you really going to argue that ND being a basketball member had anything to do with the demise of the Big East, or is having anything to do with the purported potential demise of the ACC (although it's pretty hard in any event to rationally blame someone for causing something that hasn't happened).

Reaction Score
Please. Take ND's other sports or not, but are you really going to argue that ND being a basketball member had anything to do with the demise of the Big East, or is having anything to do with the purported potential demise of the ACC (although it's pretty hard in any event to rationally blame someone for causing something that hasn't happened).
Its not blaming ND. They didn't cause it. But the leagues that let them have their cake and have been targetted for consumption by other leagues. It hasn't happened yet, but hard to see the ACC staying together long term when some clearly want out. I'm just saying if the ACC ends up like the Big East, I'd be wary of letting them park their sports in your league if you have FB. Maybe in the Big East, where there is no FB they'd fit in better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Biz, if I recall correctly the C7 were cutting it pretty close for total votes. Without Notre Dame they would've fallen short. But that's my recollection from 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
I know we say this a lot but the general hate and lack of foresight from so many media experts on UConn athletics is unmatched. I love how they justify Kansas football who has all the money necessary for recovering and just can't fathom UConn football ever mattering. Even with Gonzaga bball they seem more warm to that idea with a soft backhand to UConn bball. Football has not helped itself over the past few years but I mean Rutgers has a history of nothing and yet people get it with the NYC market etc. I mean the entire UConn part was just how much can we crap talk that ridiculous and unworthy program.

One of my favorite things to hear is "EH... yawn...yea they just won a national championship in bball, BUT here's why they are actually still awful and lets give examples of programs like Rutgers and Kansas and justify why they make more sense. I mean Vanderbilt and Northwestern etc all make total sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know we say this a lot but the general hate and lack of foresight from so many media experts on UConn athletics is unmatched. I love how they justify Kansas football who has all the money necessary for recovering and just can't fathom UConn football ever mattering. Even with Gonzaga bball they seem more warm to that idea with a soft backhand to UConn bball. Football has not helped itself over the past few years but I mean Rutgers has a history of nothing and yet people get it with the NYC market etc. I mean the entire UConn part was just how much can we crap talk that ridiculous and unworthy program.

One of my favorite things to hear is "EH... yawn...yea they just won a national championship in bball, BUT here's why they are actually still awful and lets give examples of programs like Rutgers and Kansas and justify why they make more sense. I mean Vanderbilt and Northwestern etc all make total sense.
It’s fear of the sleeping giant. We win at everything except football. They are sick of it.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 4h
The #B1G is going to eventually take more #Pac12 schools, including the #Ducks and #UDub, but a media friend in Northern California says "it's always been a six team deal" with #Stanford and the #CalBears. Of course they already have #USC and #UCLA. It's going to end badly P12.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 4h
The #B1G is going to eventually take more #Pac12 schools, including the #Ducks and #UDub, but a media friend in Northern California says "it's always been a six team deal" with #Stanford and the #CalBears. Of course they already have #USC and #UCLA. It's going to end badly P12.
Pretty sure that's always been the goal. B1G didn't want to do it in one big swoop because it will make them look like the bad guy conference destroyer when in reality they are. They took UCLA and USC, and will now wait for the PAC-12 to implode. All it will take is something like Colorado going to the B12. The destruction of the PAC-12 is similar to what happened to the Big East.

There is no way they leave UCLA and USC out in an island. Ultimately, this will happen to the PAC-12:

B1G

Oregon
Warrington
Stanford
Cal

B12

Utah
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

MWC

Warrington State
Oregon State

Not sure where that will leave us, but it won't be a great situation unless the B12 has a plan to expand East and beyond 16. I am hoping since B1G is going to 20, B12 will too with us included.

Reaction Score
You are likely close, however, I would not bet the B10 takes more than 2 more teams. They likely wait till the ACC gets further on fire.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing but outside of eventually making the west coast a six school division, the B1G won't add anyone else until ND joins.

ND is the prize they've wanted for a very long time and once enough people age out, ND will be willing to join. My guess is that won't be until there are only a couple years left in the GOR.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it make more sense to put OK St with Kansas, K St & Iowa St; Houston with TCU, Baylor & T Tech and Cincy with us, WVU and UCF?

Reaction Score
Who is parker, over-educated? This is exactly the scenario I can see working out. Possibly exchange UNLV for Arizona St.

-> Parker Fleming is an economist moonlighting as a football analyst, who thinks college teams don't pass the ball enough. He hails from Memphis, Tennessee, but now lives in Fort Worth, Texas. He enjoys discussions on advanced statistics, causal inference, and thinking about how we think about college football. Parker is an avid TCU Horned Frogs fan and College Football Playoff Committee skeptic. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom