Non-Key Tweets | Page 702 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
OU Contacts
PAC, Big 10, SEC & ACC have zero interest in poaching 8 B12 Schls to dissolve Conf.
Value is not consistent enough thur the 8

Grimmetal Deplorable ‏@grimmetal · 16m16 minutes ago
This doesn't make sense. If those schools are worthless in realignment, why are they worth something now? Reality says otherwise.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13m13 minutes ago
@grimmetal
Leftovers B12 are not perceived by the P4 to be worth the future GROWTH value of P4 slots..but Networks...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
@grimmetal
...but networks will stabilize their future in securing GOR to 2035, P5 status and stable $....just not B1G/SEC/ACC future $

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV will be writing "B12 Relief Plan" scenario which will look similar to OU contacts stated today...
....within 6 months.
Watch
Like the Dude, I have a hard believing anyone can assure the left behind (the Orphan 8, let's call them) that they will have continued P5 status well into the future. Once the BE started getting nibbled, the other conferences were less inclined to allow it to remain at the adult table.
to his point, the value they have is controlling the GOR. they would allow UT and OU to leave 5 years early in exchange for an extension of the network deal.

Can anyone see WVU getting into the ACC before Uconn?

Reaction Score
let's throw this out as legit. And as much as i've railed against the can Diaco tirade, does Uconn see this as a last train and sign a deal with the devil (Briles or something of that nature) and go for immediate success on the field...

Does anyone have an issue with Petrino at UofL?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Like the Dude, I have a hard believing anyone can assure the left behind (the Orphan 8, let's call them) that they will have continued P5 status well into the future. Once the BE started getting nibbled, the other conferences were less inclined to allow it to remain at the adult table.

The other conferences were determined that the Big East not remain at any table at all.

I think it will be harder to deny the Big 12 remnants.

At that point, I think they have to add four quickly and if they add some combo of BYU, Houston, UConn, Cincy and the directional Floridas, I think they still have some clout.

Unlike our feckless empty suits, Texas and some of those flyover states have governors, senators and reps with sharp elbows. It might be hard for Big State U in Texas or Kansas or Oklahoma or wherever to try to squeeze out another state school on the basis of greed.

Reaction Score
let's throw this out as legit. And as much as i've railed against the can Diaco tirade, does Uconn see this as a last train and sign a deal with the devil (Briles or something of that nature) and go for immediate success on the field...

I wouldn't do that unless it was like an 8 year contract with a $20 million dollar buyout clause.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

1) The s--- storm over hiring Briles would do more harm than good. Even winning would be perceived as a negative.

2) Petrino is a weasel, but you can hire weasels at some schools and get away with it. UConn isn't one of them. Louisville is.

Reaction Score
The other conferences were determined that the Big East not remain at any table at all.

I think it will be harder to deny the Big 12 remnants.

At that point, I think they have to add four quickly and if they add some combo of BYU, Houston, UConn, Cincy and the directional Floridas, I think they still have some clout.

Unlike our feckless empty suits, Texas and some of those flyover states have governors, senators and reps with sharp elbows. It might be hard for Big State U in Texas or Kansas or Oklahoma or wherever to try to squeeze out another state school on the basis of greed.
I've tried to refrain from posting this but it's obvious. The Lt Governor from Texas can go on record and say he doesn't give a hoot about UConn Abdul lobby for SMU because it would "be good" for Texas schools. Meanwhile we have jack. Expired or never issued juice cards. But Bill Clinton called on our behalf...patooey.

Reaction Score
I am beginning to believe that Flugaur might actually have real contacts within the B12. It is a good thing the other 8 are finally realizing depending on OU and TX is just asking for the death sentence. It is much easier to do a controlled implosion vs. leave it up to fate in 2024 when OU and TX bail for greener pastures.

What does this mean for UCONN? It means we will have an opportunity to either join one of the ones that are safe due to our location (B1G and ACC), or we can join the other 8 and form the best of the rest. The only thing I hope for is that best of the rest maintain the P5 status. I would imagine the other 8 will try to build a conference that will maximize media dollars, build a conference network, and have some kind of GOR in place to minimize further poaching. If that best of rest conference can't keep its P5 status, then all bets are off and it will be another AAC type of conference all over again.

Yep, I was just thinking how Flug seems more and more legit with each set of tweets he puts out... which makes it suck even more remembering all of his "Still UC/UH/BYU/UConn" tweets.

Reaction Score
SBJ/SBD‏@sbjsbd
@FOXSports Eric Shanks reiterates @Big12Conference expansion not the best path for conference #SBJSMT

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted SBJ/SBD

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbjsbd/status/783726397940346880… Now imagine it being 2019..pressure will grow on ISU/WVU/KSU..etc..to cut a deal with networks for lasting security

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/783750891052474368… And the one chip to play for ISU/WVU..etc..to gain long term secruity is to release all B12 from current GOR.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 54m54 minutes ago
Once the GOR is finished in 24/25...there is no more chip to play for "left overs" of Big 12. Watch for "Relief Plan" approx 24 months

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 49m49 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV mistakes a strong and stable B12 GOR(which it is) for a strong and stable B12 Conference.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 47m47 minutes ago
Imagine big time WVU boosters/donors being asked to make $ available for new WVU investments in 2021 without P5 assurances past 2024...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 46m46 minutes ago
The perception of B12 not being stable now in 2016 (even with GOR) is having negative effects on individual Schls and of course Conference

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 44m44 minutes ago
Now imagine the effect of a unstable B12 conference to these Schls who have no "2025 lifeboat"...in and about 2021-22.. ..imagine. Ugly.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 43m43 minutes ago
The closer we get to 2024 the less leverage your ISU/KSU/WVU will have in getting the best "Relief Plan" results as possible.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 42m42 minutes ago
And because of all this....it's why OU Contacts have reasons to believe "Relief Plan" truly gets going in about months from now.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 33m33 minutes ago
The "Relief Plan" is a win-win for those Schls who leave B12 (quicker buy-in to new Conf)..and for those who stay(secruity beyond 2025)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 30m30 minutes ago
How could @theDudeofWV possibly see what's coming?....he still believes the ACC is more unstable than B12 and ACCN is not happening.
1f648.png

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
OU & UT 1 or both will leave B12 by 2025 WVU/ISU..etc have 2 choices. 1) Get something in return of 1 or both leaving early 2) Get nada

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
I have no idea what @theDudeofWV is tweeting..he has me blocked. I don't have him blocked One of us is confident...the other is panicked
1f440.png

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18m18 minutes ago
I'm guessing @theDudeofWV still believes OU/UT has their arms locked together singing Kumbuya every time they walk out of meeting in Dallas.

the commish ‏@anygivencommish 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire , basically the Conference realignment equivalent of trading an unhappy NBA player approaching unrestricted free agency.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
@anygivencommish Kind of... ...a great unhappy unrestricted free agent.. But not quite... I do get your point.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9m9 minutes ago
The ignition to next RD of realignment will be the B12 5-6-7 Schls who won't have landing spot outside of B12 beyond 2024.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/783763912432889856… These schools will act in accordance to their best long term interest & will secure it by playing their chip.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/783764274522959872… ..And their chip is in 2-3 years to release current members from current B12 GOR. BOA Best Outcome Available.

Reaction Score
When does all of this uncertainty start to be used in recruiting. "Why go play at "ABC" University, when you don't even know if they'll be in a P5 conference in 2 years?"

Sooner or later this indecision has to hurt them in the recruiting.

Reaction Score
He says that the "rest", who will number no more than 7, and possibly less than 7, evidently have a guarantee from the networks that if they do this, the new league would be P5 and have a slight revenue increase from today, along with a GOR through 2035. I presume that not expanding now saves them enough $ to do that.

I find this realistic, because I can see the networks preferring to increase the size of the other 4 leagues slightly, and cut the American and MWC down by combining the best of them in a new Big 12. It widens the gulf between the P5 and G5. There would be nothing close to as strong as the current American left.

The escalated time frame makes sense as well, since the pressure to expand now won't abate as long as those schools are in limbo.

The networks have no say in who is or isn't a P5. This is a decision made by the conferences as part of the autonomy decision.

My guess if this were to happen that the remaining conferences would vote together to eliminate the B12, create a P4 & keep more money for themselves

Reaction Score
The math doesn't add up here.

10 B12 schools earning $25m a year from 2019 until 2035 = $4 Billion

2 B12 schools moving to other P5 and earning $60m a year from 2019 until 2035 = $1.92 Billion

Explain to me again why ESPN/Fox has any interest in a so-called B12 relief plan?

Reaction Score
1) The s--- storm over hiring Briles would do more harm than good. Even winning would be perceived as a negative.

2) Petrino is a weasel, but you can hire weasels at some schools and get away with it. UConn isn't one of them. Louisville is.
Is there a coach Uconn could hire and get 'guaranteed results' faster than what Diaco has done. Briles is one, but are there others? Gruden, Ogeron, or maybe Kiffin.
Not saying these are the answer , but does landing a big name, change the trajectory and is it something Uconn would consider seeing this is possibly the last train.

Look what hiring Larry brown did for SMU?

Again, not a knock on Diaco but more a knock on Uconns situation and a need for instant national recognition and a boost in recruiting prestige.

Reaction Score
Is there a coach Uconn could hire and get 'guaranteed results' faster than what Diaco has done. Briles is one, but are there others? Gruden, Ogeron, or maybe Kiffin.
Not saying these are the answer , but does landing a big name, change the trajectory and is it something Uconn would consider seeing this is possibly the last train.

Again, not a knock on Diaco but more a knock on Uconns situation and a need for instant national recognition and a boost in recruiting prestige.

Barry Switzer

Reaction Score
The math doesn't add up here.

10 B12 schools earning $25m a year from 2019 until 2035 = $4 Billion

2 B12 schools moving to other P5 and earning $60m a year from 2019 until 2035 = $1.92 Billion

Explain to me again why ESPN/Fox has any interest in a so-called B12 relief plan?
Thinking the same thing. Not sure enough data is known at this point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He's a good coach, no doubt. But he's toxic in a way that Larry Brown wasn't.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
The rumor started by @flugempire is 100% false. Absolutely no basis in reality. The sad part is I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 29m29 minutes ago
Days like today make me regret becoming involved in expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
Two things about the B12 TV contract that makes the rumors today impossible. 1/3.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
The pro rata clause works both ways. Money can be subtracted from the contract as well. The GoR is the B12 not ESPN/Fox.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
If the B12 has less than 10 members the TV contract is void. As in nobody gets anything.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
So in order for the B12 to agree to let any member(s) leave they would first add members to ensure they had 10.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
If they are going to let UT & OU leave they would add 4-6 and keep the cash knowing the TV contract would be significantly less in 2025.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 21m21 minutes ago
If the Big 12 let OU & UT leave the B12 champs chances at making the playoffs would be next to zero. The conf would lose respect.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
Texas would have to give up LHN to join any conference. UT athletics gives the academic side $7.5M in LHN money per year.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
There's not a single conf network that pays $15m a year.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19m19 minutes ago
Plus this: why would the 8 members allow UT & OU to leave when the GoR binds them until 2025? What do they get?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
How much money to sell their future? Nobody knows what the market conditions will be in 2025. Or who is in power.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
Finally consider ESPN/Fox. They don't want to devalue their investment in the Big 12. They don't want consolidation to be that much closer.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
@CincyBeerGuru
ESPN & Fox are going to push back against B12 expansion & then give P5 money to a conf without UT & OU? You believe that?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
@CincyBeerGuru
You think Tech, OkST and KSU are going to be happy taking less money in a conf without P5 status?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@CincyBeerGuru Its not ESPN / Fox that grant P5 status.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
I'm done talking this batshit rumor concerning the Big 12. I'm deeply disappointed anyone falls for it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Fox Sports Prez Eric Shanks says expansion not the best path for Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
@ki676love ESPN & Fox want to maintain the current status.

@HoneyRoyPalmer
If ESPN / Fox want the GoR extended (and they do) then extend the TV contract with more money. Get it?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
Here's what's going on... The B12 is playing chess with ESPN/Fox. They want more money.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
@HabibHaddad @HoneyRoyPalmer I'm glad Eric Shanks said what he did today.

Reaction Score
He's a good coach, no doubt. But he's toxic in a way that Larry Brown wasn't.
Are you stuck on auto-reply? Not married to Briles, but someone of his football stature. Would uconn throw $3M at a known commodity?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The scary thing is that the West Virginia nitwit is making more sense today than the Minnesota nitwit.

But the Big 12 isn't playing chess. They're playing checkers and playing it poorly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are you stuck on auto-reply? Not married to Briles, but someone of his football stature. Would uconn throw $3M at a known commodity?

Well, they'll be throwing $2M at a nitwit who talks about fish cakes in a few years, so I don't think $3M for a name coach would be a problem.

Of course, it'd hurt - they would have to pay Diaco about $4.5M to go away and then take on that larger salary. We'd likely have to shoot the track and swim teams to save money.

I don't know who would come here, though.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
Here's what's going on... The B12 is playing chess with ESPN/Fox. They want more money.

Craig Amick ‏@camick27 · 13m13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV And the Big 12 holds no chips....

@camick27
Why has ESPN added money to the ACC contract? Why did they pickup ACCN? To keep FSU in the ACC.

@camick27
When it's over ESPN/Fox will pay for Big 12 stability like they did in 2012.

Craig Amick ‏@camick27 · 7m7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV
I've thought about it. The Big 12 has been playing checkers the entire time while the other conferences and networks play chess

@camick27
Finally they have it right. Refuse to sign the GoR & rightly point out there's no reason to without a contract extension.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
@camick27 Its the perceived instability of the Big 12 that gives it leverage over ESPN/Fox.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
Dude asks...
"Plus this: why would the 8 members allow UT & OU to leave when the GoR binds them until 2025? What do they get?"

Simple...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
They get to maintain P5 status well beyond 2025...better future payout without deal...tie in to bowl gms..etc.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
What the @ThedudeofWV wont explain or discuss..is what can "other 8" do in 2024/25 without "Relief Plan" deal?
Answer is?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV sees no incentive in "others" doing anything..because he believes OU truly does not want to leave B12.

"Others" know better.

Reaction Score
Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 3h3 hours ago
I was told today members of the #BIGXII are willing to let #OU walk because Nebraska has expressed serious interest in rejoining league...

#Nebraska believes they would have access to significant TV money in a new #BIGXII with Texas. #BYU #Hou and #Cincinnati would join

TV sources told me a "new #BIGXII" would have a different name and has been the plan Texas has been working since February

#Texas has expressed doubt about their fit in the #Pac12 and believe they would be able to have significant influence over a new conference

I am also told #Texas would like to be part of the first 20 team conference

The consistent story I am being told by multiple source is #OU feels disrespected by #Texas several other members who were working with ...

...Texas to form a new conference, and as it turned out w/o #OU

I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown

Multiple people have said #OU was in position to push expansion through their desire to control the process & leverage smaller members...

...with GOR threats and revenue proration turned off many members.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 2h2 hours ago
The issue for #Texas is revenue; if they join the #Pac12 they don't make more than they are now they don't view the SEC or BIG10 as option

So the only route for #Texas to go is to build something different, not new, but different.

I believe #Nebraska wants to return to the #BIGXII because multiple sources from different businesses hv said they are exploring it and ...

...Texas and Nebraska are not the enemies people made them out to be.

One other awesome nugget from a TV industry source: there is support for a early season "Rivalry Week" where teams like ...

...#OU Vs #Nebraska & Notre Dame Vs Michigan would be slotted to build TV and revenue numbers.

The next shift in college football will be accompanied by a significant shift in the way games are scheduled and paid for.

Shawn Stone‏@SStone13
@TheMontyShow I'm sure NU wants to turn down $53M+ in TV money & security to join the dumpster fire known as the Big12 minus OU #drugsarebad

Tim Montemayor Retweeted Shawn Stone

I would not use the term "dumpster fire" for a new product. The revenue force would be significant depending on who else is invited to join

ME: Remember, folks, NON-key tweets :p

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was told today members of the #BIGXII are willing to let #OU walk because Nebraska has expressed serious interest in rejoining league...

#Nebraska believes they would have access to significant TV money in a new #BIGXII with Texas. #BYU #Hou and #Cincinnati would join

TV sources told me a "new #BIGXII" would have a different name and has been the plan Texas has been working since February

#Texas has expressed doubt about their fit in the #Pac12 and believe they would be able to have significant influence over a new conference

I am also told #Texas would like to be part of the first 20 team conference

The consistent story I am being told by multiple source is #OU feels disrespected by #Texas several other members who were working with ...

...Texas to form a new conference, and as it turned out w/o #OU

I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown

Multiple people have said #OU was in position to push expansion through their desire to control the process & leverage smaller members...

...with GOR threats and revenue proration turned off many members.

The issue for #Texas is revenue; if they join the #Pac12 they don't make more than they are now they don't view the SEC or BIG10 as option

So the only route for #Texas to go is to build something different, not new, but different.

I believe #Nebraska wants to return to the #BIGXII because multiple sources from different businesses hv said they are exploring it and ...

...Texas and Nebraska are not the enemies people made them out to be.

One other awesome nugget from a TV industry source: there is support for a early season "Rivalry Week" where teams like ...

...#OU Vs #Nebraska & Notre Dame Vs Michigan would be slotted to build TV and revenue numbers.

The next shift in college football will be accompanied by a significant shift in the way games are scheduled and paid for.

Shawn Stone‏@SStone13
@TheMontyShow I'm sure NU wants to turn down $53M+ in TV money & security to join the dumpster fire known as the Big12 minus OU #drugsarebad

Tim Montemayor Retweeted Shawn Stone

I would not use the term "dumpster fire" for a new product. The revenue force would be significant depending on who else is invited to join

ME: Remember, folks, NON-key tweets :p
Wow, the B12 blinders are mighty thick. Schools are running in the other direction.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shocking that when everyone finally realized this thing is dead Flug has a 50 storm that puts a 24 month timeline on things.

Well received because it's what some people want to hear - ignoring of course he doesn't actually get anything right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom