Non-Key Tweets | Page 700 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Why pay huge money for something you get at a discounted price?
The Mouse is run by businessmen not philanthropist.
I tried a dirty propaganda campaign ,but this board is too smart by a half and no one took the bait.
I have given up , that sound you hear is the fat lady getting ready for her final song.

We should drop at least six sports . The only sports untouchable should be BB and football. Men's Baseball ,Soccer ,Hockey and Track,and every women's sports are all money losers .
Women's sports alone lose $20,000,000 a year.
Sarcasm aside, I've been calling for us to can M golf, M/W tennis, M/W cross country to get down to NCAA minimum and save some cash.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'll just let the picture speak for itself as she gazes deeply into your eyes...

medusa-muppetman.png

Reaction Score
Sarcasm aside, I've been calling for us to can M golf, M/W tennis, M/W cross country to get down to NCAA minimum and save some cash.
It's only a matter of time before we see moves like this.

Reaction Score

Could be anything - typical boilerplate BOD/BOR language for projects/contracts. Stadium is switching from Pepsi to Coca Cola?

II. Report and Action from Executive Session Presenter: Chairman Tilman J. Fertitta

A. Approval is requested to delegate authority to the Chancellor and Chairman to take actions precedent for and to negotiate various contract matters on behalf of the University of Houston in the Division of Athletics as such action may be necessary prior to the next regularly scheduled Board of Regents meeting - University of Houston. Action: Approval Presenter: Chairman Tilman J. Fertitta

B. Approval is requested for the delegation of authority to the Chancellor to negotiate a prospective naming gift at the University of Houston in accordance with University of Houston System Administrative Memorandum 08.A.04 - University of Houston. Action: Approval Presenter: Chairman Tilman J. Fertitta

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The dudette of West Virginia.

Mrs. Dude

I hope that pic was not taken inside of The Dude's mother's house because rather than spending all day dreaming up hypothetical conference realignment scenarios, he could instead focus on updating mom's home. I'm sure she would be thankful to be rid of that 1940s wallpaper.

Reaction Score
Let OU and UT out, they can drag along OSU and someone else and merge the remaining parts into the AAC. Wouldn't be the worst outcome for UConn, and who knows maybe a goose drops a B1G or ACC future bid from the heavens.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 7h7 hours ago
I am told there are as many as 6 #BIGXII members against expansion with no clear supporter of expanding the conference as of today.

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 7h7 hours ago
#TCU has become more assertive in the #BIGXII expansion conversation telling #Boren two weeks ago they were not in favor

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 5h5 hours ago
Sources saying OU was holding GOR over other members heads and now they want out on a free pass #BIGXii

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Let OU and UT out, they can drag along OSU and someone else and merge the remaining parts into the AAC. Wouldn't be the worst outcome for UConn, and who knows maybe a goose drops a B1G or ACC future bid from the heavens.
In that scenario, I would expect whoever's left in the Big 12 to simply backfill by cherry-picking the most attractive available schools from the AAC or wherever. I think that's far more likely than a wholesale merger with the AAC (and would also probably create a stronger conference with a lot less dead weight).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In that scenario, I would expect whoever's left in the Big 12 to simply backfill by cherry-picking the most attractive available schools from the AAC or wherever. I think that's far more likely than a wholesale merger with the AAC (and would also probably create a stronger conference with a lot less dead weight).

If the Big 12 loses Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas, it is unlikely they are adding anyone. The remaining league is no better than the MWC or AAC without the three anchor schools.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 loses Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas, it is unlikely they are adding anyone. The remaining league is no better than the MWC or AAC without the three anchor schools.
Just as the Big East was allowed to keep their seat at the BCS table, the Big 12 will keep their P5 tag, till this contract period runs out.

Reaction Score
I think the Big12 could have a longer life than that if the Big12 GOR happens after the BCS contract. I think they are both right around 2024/2025.

If the BCS contract is first, not sure how they could whittle the P5 down to P4 without breaking the Big12 GOR.
These things have been incredibly fluid so it will be interesting to see how things transpire. Will it be Big East 2.0? The GOR makes it a little different from the Big East situation... but greed has a way of finding solutions and if there is a desire to reduce the number of mouths, someone will figure it out.

regardless, you can bet ESPN will have their fingerprints on whatever ends up happening.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think the Big12 could have a longer life than that if the Big12 GOR happens after the BCS contract. I think they are both right around 2024/2025.

If the BCS contract is first, not sure how they could whittle the P5 down to P4 without breaking the Big12 GOR.
These things have been incredibly fluid so it will be interesting to see how things transpire. Will it be Big East 2.0? The GOR makes it a little different from the Big East situation... but greed has a way of finding solutions and if there is a desire to reduce the number of mouths, someone will figure it out.

regardless, you can bet ESPN will have their fingerprints on whatever ends up happening.
I thought the playoff has supplanted the BCS. The P5 designation can remain with a weakened B12, the only real meaning it has is voting rights on NCAA football matters and automatic berth(s) in New Year's Day bowls that are not part of the playoff that year. The automatic bowl berth(s) may get yanked if the 2 big dogs leave the B12 in the future.

Reaction Score
I thought the playoff has supplanted the BCS. The P5 designation can remain with a weakened B12, the only real meaning it has is voting rights on NCAA football matters and automatic berth(s) in New Year's Day bowls that are not part of the playoff that year. The automatic bowl berth(s) may get yanked if the 2 big dogs leave the B12 in the future.
you are correct. I'm calling the new format BCS although technically it is the College Football Playoff.

If OU and UT are out of the conference before that contract expires (originally 12 years I think), the Big12 as a P5 conference is dead. It's the automatic berth in the NY6 and voting that matter and they would certainly lose that. The Big12 would be relegated to G5 status almost immediately under the new contract unless there is a complete overhaul in the structure that doesn't resemble today's build.

If the new Playoff contract is signed while UT and OU are members, I can't see the Big12 getting left out or anything materially changing. In that case, the Big12 may have bought enough time to sustain itself by grabbing some additional schools and allowing them to develop over time. However, when has anything like that happened? It doesn't because nothing happens by accident or by chance. Everything that is done creates more money for fewer mouths. So with that, what you might see is a change in the wording or some change definition change of what is P5 allowing for conferences to be evaluated after the departure of more than 1 team or some other metric (essentially allowing for the Big12 to be reclassified as a G5 should UT and OU leave)... I think you might also start to see the term P4 mentioned more and more...

From that standpoint, I think the Big12 will be very much like the Big East. It's value will be constantly challenged and questioned until perception is reality. Big12 and ACC knew what the stakes were. The Big12 is now the weakest conference, not by opinion but by fact. Only a matter of time before schools of value jump to one of the other P5 conferences (OU and UT are guaranteed a spot along with whoever they take with them). The others will get the run-out on the P5 contract (maybe elevate a couple programs in that timespan (Cincy, UofL and USF), and then go the way of the AAC and MWC.

Reaction Score

Isn't there some clause in the B12 by law that states if a certain number of schools leave the conference, the conference cease to exist? That would be a quick way to end the GOR.

If OU, OSU, Kansas, and Texas bail tomorrow, would that kill the conference? I remember reading something about that.
B12 is dead man walking. Why wait until 2024 or 2025? B12 can destroy itself tomorrow if right number of schools leave now.

Reaction Score
Isn't there some clause in the B12 by law that states if a certain number of schools leave the conference, the conference cease to exist? That would be a quick way to end the GOR.

If OU, OSU, Kansas, and Texas bail tomorrow, would that kill the conference? I remember reading something about that.
B12 is dead man walking. Why wait until 2024 or 2025? B12 can destroy itself tomorrow if right number of schools leave now.

Correct. If seven or more members vote for dissolution, the conference ends and the obligations arising out of the media agreement and grant of rights cease to exist as well.

Reaction Score
I see no expansion happening for the B12. The politics simply are far too complex to get the votes.

Blaudschun (and Dodd, PLUS about 8 other Media writers) are just clueless guessing. I doubt the Big East, for one, would bring UConn in. They had that hassle for 20 + years; why would they do hybrid ever again. And nobody is going MAC.

Frankly, without expansion, the AAC has potential. Major markets and far cheaper. If it is true that Kansas State in this contract or Rutgers in their new structure ... and others ... are getting $25-40m per year; there has got to be distribution that gets UConn and other AAC up quite a bit. That still means that we have a fiscal problem.

Reaction Score
Just as the Big East was allowed to keep their seat at the BCS table, the Big 12 will keep their P5 tag, till this contract period runs out.

Don't you need at least 8 schools to be considered a viable conference?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 26m26 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
UC is dead.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
There is a block against UC with 4 no votes. I'm not the only one reporting it now.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush · 24m24 minutes ago  Atlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV
if UC is dead then expansion is dead

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@Expansion_Crush
No. There is still time for BYU to salvage its candidacy & for UT to give up something to get UH the votes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19m19 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
If UT & OU truly wanted out they would add 4 & cash the checks.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
If the B12 can't add who the networks want the best action for the viability of the conf is not to expand.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
B1G fans looking for a true signifier for UT & OU's commitment need to look no further than expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
If B12 adds 4 it's doomed. If it adds anyone but UH & BYU it's doomed. No expansion is positive for B12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
@CincyBeerGuru @Expansion_Crush
Its about how Texas can guide the conf to prosperity or doom. If Texas truly wants UH it gets UH.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
Plus the networks also prefer UH & BYU or no expansion. They actually want no expansion but UH & BYU ok.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
I'm saying the networks have been clear. It's BYU & UH or they push back on expansion.

Also I was the only one saying WVU opposed UC until Thamel wrote it.

WVU is part of a block that would vote yes on UH & no on UC. 4 solid no votes & no way to turn them.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
UC is effectively out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
How about this. WVU has traded a vote for UH for votes against UC & a vote for BYU for votes against UC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
I've come to believe Berry's theory that the B12 never intended to expand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom