Non-Key Tweets | Page 642 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Was there Twitter back then? Can't remember. I'd say it wasn't quite as crazy if only because we weren't in the AAC so we hadn't fallen quite as far. But man that feels like forever ago.
I was obsessed with the original BE breakup once the story broke that Miami was looking to leave with 2 others. The process dragged out for months and there was a lot of drama when a at took Syracuse's spot and BC initially didn't get enough votes because they tried to land ND. The only way to get information was checking about ten different message boards multiple times per day. There was also a lot of animosity and trash talking.

Reaction Score
Runaway NOW and don't ever look back! It too late for the rest of us... Save yourself!!
Or you will do this repeatedly:
image.png

Reaction Score
Reality check:

UH - What a fricken joke!! Must be 3 am, closing time, and your are very sh#t faced.
UC - You get what you have seen, Alright they get a pass for good FB and BB but that's about it. I kind of like them but its 1am and you are running out of time.
BYU - Strong, but controversial. No clue what time it is, but if your a Morman it doesn't apply
UConn - Has everything but "recent" fb credence. If we start out 5 - 0 the ACC/B1G should tap us. It's 8 pm and you are trying to get a crew together for a big night out.
Everyone else (UM, UCF, uSF, CSU, BSU) - might as well take Temple - they have been BCS before. It's 5 am and you are at the dinner and surprised there is a relatively comatose mate there.

To be fair, UC has 1B+ endowment and geography. Of all the teams we have the largest DMA and UConn owns the market. UConn will drive more advertising dollars than any available school including BYU. Outside of political nepotism, UH adds no value over what the b12 has now related to TV dollars.

Reaction Score
Bluevod was certain that "FSU was the key" and that "its lawyers said the GOR was weak". FSU, Ga. Tech, North Carolina and ND were on their way to the Big Ten.

Sure. Now, its Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas.

He has never been right about anything involving CR.

I don't often agree with Terry, but he's right on this one. Of all the CR F-Tards out there spewing nonsense, Bluevod is unquestionably the worst. After being 100% wrong on his ACC Armageddon Scenario, he disappeared for a while, only to reemerge spreading this Big 12 junk. I await OSU's Arrival in The B1G. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

What Ken Davis said in this article about UConn is so true. When are the Power 5 brokers going to wake up???

"I continue to get a kick out of the national view of Connecticut. The Huskies seem to meet or exceed just about any criteria for membership. The big argument against UConn is geography. If that’s true, perhaps the UConn administration should focus on mileage charts during their video presentation to the Big 12.

Google “driving distance” and plug in some cities. Storrs, Connecticut, is 1,947 miles from Lubbock, Texas. The Big 12 already includes West Virginia, and Morgantown is 1,465 miles from Lubbock. That’s not a huge difference – by airplane.

Storrs is 1,383 miles from Lawrence, Kansas, home of the Jayhawks. In the Atlantic Coast Conference, Syracuse travels to Tallahassee (1,234 miles) and Miami (1,417). Have you heard any “sarcasm” surrounding those distances? Don’t think so. It’s time to knock that out of play as a negative for UConn."

Reaction Score
What Ken Davis said in this article about UConn is so true. When are the Power 5 brokers going to wake up???

"I continue to get a kick out of the national view of Connecticut. The Huskies seem to meet or exceed just about any criteria for membership. The big argument against UConn is geography. If that’s true, perhaps the UConn administration should focus on mileage charts during their video presentation to the Big 12.

Google “driving distance” and plug in some cities. Storrs, Connecticut, is 1,947 miles from Lubbock, Texas. The Big 12 already includes West Virginia, and Morgantown is 1,465 miles from Lubbock. That’s not a huge difference – by airplane.

Storrs is 1,383 miles from Lawrence, Kansas, home of the Jayhawks. In the Atlantic Coast Conference, Syracuse travels to Tallahassee (1,234 miles) and Miami (1,417). Have you heard any “sarcasm” surrounding those distances? Don’t think so. It’s time to knock that out of play as a negative for UConn."

It's really amazing. It's like people forget we have airplanes and that an extra few hundred miles is less than an hour more for travel. Once you're on the plane, who cares? It takes longer to get through the TSA line than to fly the extra mileage.

Reaction Score
It's really amazing. It's like people forget we have airplanes and that an extra few hundred miles is less than an hour more for travel. Once you're on the plane, who cares? It takes longer to get through the TSA line than to fly the extra mileage.

What's an Aero-Plane? The Big 12 travels only by stage coach, steam boat, or the iron horse.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Im going to admit that im just a recent CR junkie. Was it this insane during the big east break up? I feel like im following a story that was put together by a group of 100 village idiots strewn across multiple continents. In 120 characters or les.
It was pretty nuts in 2003, but the info came at us differently. It was almost strictly message board rumors. There were posters who (reportedly) had high-level contacts that would filter out to their school's message board and eventually out to the other boards. The media would not release anything back in those days without a solid source. Now they're pushing any rumor they can get their hands on so they can be "first". Cuse had a source through one poster (I think it was rlbees?). There was also the "Maryland mole" - some contact inside the Maryland AD or exec suite that was getting scoops. There were a few others out there but I don't recall the handles. When the first rumors went out, it was Miami, Cuse and BC - which was exactly what a few insiders had communicated. Once that got out we had politicians involved, law suits and changes in the candidate schools. I had a closet-style work office and I recall spending many hours over the summer reading posts and refreshing. It was not very productive.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Isn't there a "Die, Ken Davis, Die" thread somewhere? What changed his tune? It's as if he actually paid attention to what @Dooley was tweeting. It's amazing. Facts are pretty easy to corroborate. They are much harder to find when working backwards from a preconceived conclusion.

Reaction Score
The travel thing is so silly when you consider that we'd be the ones doing most of it. How many times per year would each school send a team to CT? Some years 2 or 3 trips (Hoops and Baseball?). Maybe every 3 years you'd see 5 sports if all the teams traveled here? For the market exposure they'd generate and just the elevation of their BB league and a chance to create events in NYC you's rather add another Texas school that does zero for the league? And Greg Ward graduates after this year so B12 never sees him take a snap.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a "Die, Ken Davis, Die" thread somewhere? What changed his tune? It's as if he actually paid attention to what @Dooley was tweeting. It's amazing. Facts are pretty easy to corroborate. They are much harder to find when working backwards from a preconceived conclusion.

I found the thread from the FB board and all it was was one comment in a positive story, and someone started a thread like the writer peed all over UConn FB. A sensitive bunch we can be.

Of course 4 posts in the thread gets sidetracked. :rolleyes:

Hey Ken Davis - go away

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And the cold weather thing. Utah and Ohio are practically South American climates. Let alone the existing resort-like locations in Kansas and Iowa.

pj

Reaction Score
1CDsHcYJ_bigger.jpeg
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6m6 minutes ago

24 hours before dinner with BTM..he sends text: "Bowlsby and Boren are dead set against progressing towards ESPN's interests"

1 retweet 1 like

Interesting if true:
- To help Fox and hurt ESPN, B12 would grow by 4: UConn, Cincy, UCF, USF. The latter two would give B12 critical mass in Florida and break ESPN's chokehold there.
- Presumably they would have a pre-commitment from Fox on the next B12 contract, so they wouldn't be left coming up for bid in 2025 with only a single bidder and no negotiating leverage.
- But, Texas is firmly in ESPN's camp due to Longhorn Network. This looks like the B12 and Texas may be headed for divorce.
- Can Bowlsby and Boren assemble a big enough anti-Texas coalition to act? Probably Texas Tech's vote is controlled by Texas, and if you need 8 of 10 votes to act, then only one other school would give texas a veto. Baylor and TCU would presumably come under a lot of pressure.
- If Texas can assemble a blocking coalition, then inaction could be the outcome

Reaction Score
Interesting if true:
- If Texas can assemble a blocking coalition, then inaction could be the outcome
Not sure how inaction is really an option unless the networks pay the Big 12 not to expand, and it would have to be a sizeable enough payout to make it worthwhile. I don't see what incentive others have to align with Texas to block expansion other than to head off splitting up annual revenues, especially when an easy payout is available from expanding.

Reaction Score
Interesting if true:
- To help Fox and hurt ESPN, B12 would grow by 4: UConn, Cincy, UCF, USF. The latter two would give B12 critical mass in Florida and break ESPN's chokehold there.
- Presumably they would have a pre-commitment from Fox on the next B12 contract, so they wouldn't be left coming up for bid in 2025 with only a single bidder and no negotiating leverage.
- But, Texas is firmly in ESPN's camp due to Longhorn Network. This looks like the B12 and Texas may be headed for divorce.
- Can Bowlsby and Boren assemble a big enough anti-Texas coalition to act? Probably Texas Tech's vote is controlled by Texas, and if you need 8 of 10 votes to act, then only one other school would give texas a veto. Baylor and TCU would presumably come under a lot of pressure.
IF the big12 was strategic, they would go to 16 (adding UConn, UC, BYU, Houston, UCF, and USF) so that when in 2025 TX and OK depart they would have grown the value and capabilities of the 6 they add and would be a strong 14-school conference (that could add two more to get back to 16). BUT, they are not so they will not.... sigh.

Reaction Score
I like how Blauds is reduced to a crack whore looking for hits...
Couldn't agree more. In today's article he drones on about how the Big 12 should get back to being the Big 12 again by adding BYU (despite all all of their current troubles) and Houston. A couple weeks ago he wrote an article called "Why Not UCONN". He says University Presidents usually screw things up when it comes to athletics. Shame on them for valuing academics. Blauds really is a piece of garbage.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think some of us may be overreacting on the number of schools getting a video conference. The B-12 wants the appearance that they are not being predatory with this expansion. My guess is the schools that openly and publicly sent in applications really aren't being considered but the conference call is merely to allow the conference to claim they considered all applicants.

There will be four or five schools considered, the rest are noise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think some of us may be overreacting on the number of schools getting a video conference. The B-12 wants the appearance that they are not being predatory with this expansion. My guess is the schools that openly and publicly sent in applications really aren't being considered but the conference call is merely to allow the conference to claim they considered all applicants.

There will be four or five schools considered, the rest are noise.
I think there some some truth in this, but it seems to me to be a delaying action more than anything else.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think there some some truth in this, but it seems to me to be a delaying action more than anything else.
Yep, the B12 wants to be paid not to push the button on Houston and Memphis, et al. "Look at these schools we are considering! Picture New Mexico hosting Memphis football games! This can happen!"

Reaction Score
  1. Read from bottom to top:
  2. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
  3. BTM: "Boren got his CCG..now is going full throttle in expansion. Wanting to create attractive B12 for new customers in B12"
  4. 0 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "ESPN makes their investment into ACC. ESPN goes in on 2nd part of B10 Tier 1&2 contract"
  3. 2 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "But ESPN tells B12 there is no future for any digital B12N." "If B12 survives it does so because of Google..Netflix..Hulu...somebody"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "It won't be ESPN. Disney just bought some parts of streaming company with the chance to but all of it in future"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
  2. BTM:"So what is this new media that will want to distribute B12 content streaming on multiple different platforms? Who? Who the hell knows"
  3. 3 retweets 1 like

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "But Boren & Bowlsby have acknowledged where B12 stands with ESPN in pecking order..now..but even more importantly in 2025...dead last"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 16m16 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "Boren is of 2 minds. (1) To save B12 beyond 2024 (2) If #1 can't happen..make sure OU has no hindrances in leaving Conference in "24"
  3. 4 retweets 1 like

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
  2. BTM:"It's clear that if a future can be carved out for B12 beyond 2024 ESPN will play little or no part in its future".
  3. 5 retweets 2 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
  2. BTM:Boren & Bowlsby goal is too make B12 as attractive to"new media" as possible for 2024. Other schools in B12 not in Texas faction agree
  3. 4 retweets 1 like

Reactions: jho
Reaction Score
  1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "Boren got his CCG..now is going full throttle in expansion. Wanting to create attractive B12 for new customers in B12"
  3. 0 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "ESPN makes their investment into ACC. ESPN goes in on 2nd part of B10 Tier 1&2 contract"
  3. 2 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "But ESPN tells B12 there is no future for any digital B12N." "If B12 survives it does so because of Google..Netflix..Hulu...somebody"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "It won't be ESPN. Disney just bought some parts of streaming company with the chance to but all of it in future"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11m11 minutes ago
  2. BTM:"So what is this new media that will want to distribute B12 content streaming on multiple different platforms? Who? Who the hell knows"
  3. 3 retweets 1 like

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "But Boren & Bowlsby have acknowledged where B12 stands with ESPN in pecking order..now..but even more importantly in 2025...dead last"
  3. 3 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 16m16 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "Boren is of 2 minds. (1) To save B12 beyond 2024 (2) If #1 can't happen..make sure OU has no hindrances in leaving Conference in "24"
  3. 4 retweets 1 like

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
  2. BTM:"It's clear that if a future can be carved out for B12 beyond 2024 ESPN will play little or no part in its future".
  3. 5 retweets 2 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
  2. BTM:Boren & Bowlsby goal is too make B12 as attractive to"new media" as possible for 2024. Other schools in B12 not in Texas faction agree
  3. 4 retweets 1 like

If true... we are the Brand that's left. And this would be great news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom