Non-Key Tweets | Page 644 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Flug you just went full d00d with this latest crap. You never go full d00d.

The question now is what the dud can come up with to out do him? We may need a completely new thread of worthless tweets to go with non key tweets, key tweets and premium tweets. Fatigue has set in!

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
BTM: "This Big 12 expansion story is very difficult for ESPN to cover"

Dan Wolken@DanWolken
@flugempire
No it isn't. Stop with this crap.

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity · 3h3 hours ago
@DanWolken @flugempire
Why so sensitive? Lol

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 3h3 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity
The plausibility of that narrative shatters when you say ESPN editorial is doing anything other than trying to break news

@DanWolken
Really. Because Boston College said that ESPN is the one that told what to do.
Boston College didn't want Connecticut in ACC, said 'it was a matter of turf'

@DanWolken
ESPN lost the benefit of the doubt about simply reporting news when they ripped B12 exp candidates and attempted to devalue them.

@DanWolken When the ACC raided the Big East the second time.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why would fox throw away $500M?

Perhaps because it's been suggested that they want more exposure with Eastern teams? If the right teams are added, i.e. teams FOX approves of in the eastern time zone, maybe it's worth it to them to get into markets they don't already have? I don't know, I was just throwing it out there for discussion.

Reaction Score
The problem with Western Expansion (outside of BYU) it doesn't attract FOX for beyond 2024. B12 Presidents are aware of this...

And when BTM said ESPN is having troubles covering this story...he did not mean with ethics.
It's a tough story.

John B. ‏@goingjohnb · 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire
does BTM still think Cincy is in good shape?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@goingjohnb
Yes

Investments in Streaming is being made by FOX..ESPN..and others.
But B12 content at this time is not in plans for any of these investments

Big 12 knows where it sits with ESPN (outside of Texas) and this truth has rattled some writers/bloggers...
Sorry.
It is what it is...

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@jkat513 @DanWolken
The comment made by BTM was not based on ethics. It was on how difficult the story is to cover...moving parts.

Manuel Perea ‏@manuelmperea · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire
is UH in decent shape after all this?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@manuelmperea
Yes

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@JimUSFSig @KUandUofAfan
Whatever ESPN is in 2024...it will have B12 as lowest priority.
B12 hopes new media interests appear on stage 24

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LOL at connected people saying Disney just bought some of a streaming company. Oh you mean they bought a third of MBLAM for a billion dollars?

There are probably a few hundred people that have some insight into what is happening in this round of realignment. The idea that one of them is leaking this information to a friend with a Twitter account is not that far fetched. All these reporters are just mouthpieces for their benefactors' agendas. Whoever Flugs source is also has an agenda, and is using Flugs to broadcast it.

2 things that are interesting is that Flugs uses quotations and defines his anonymous source "BTM". Those are things a journalist would do. Most "insiders" meld their own ideas with what they have been told in their writing.

The Dude is different. He has no sources or insight on anything.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
#19 is the winning combo.

Reality is that more Central Time Zone planning doesn't work for TV.

UConn, Cincy and UCF add to WVU and givez the B12 4 ET teams. That's more than enough programming for 11am and noon starts.

I have a tough time believing there's a need for one Mountain Time Zone team for a total of 6 times a season.

I definitely don't see one ET team and Houston either.

Reaction Score
Perhaps because it's been suggested that they want more exposure with Eastern teams? If the right teams are added, i.e. teams FOX approves of in the eastern time zone, maybe it's worth it to them to get into markets they don't already have? I don't know, I was just throwing it out there for discussion.
They can get all that and still have ESPN pony up 50%. Then in 2025 they could bid on 100%.

Reaction Score
#19 is the winning combo.

Reality is that more Central Time Zone planning doesn't work for TV.

UConn, Cincy and UCF add to WVU and givez the B12 4 ET teams. That's more than enough programming for 11am and noon starts.

I have a tough time believing there's a need for one Mountain Time Zone team for a total of 6 times a season.

I definitely don't see one ET team and Houston either.
Uconn, temple, cincy, and ucf. Navy and BYU FB only...

Reaction Score
Why would fox throw away $500M?

FOX could be left out of this mix as the P5 contracts. Best case if that happens is they remain 2nd fiddle. Consider their history and you unferstand they are willing to take chances. That's why they have the NFL and MLB.

Although the narrative is always about football, ESPN needs basketball and they make a ton of money on it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are probably a few hundred people that have some insight into what is happening in this round of realignment. The idea that one of them is leaking this information to a friend with a Twitter account is not that far fetched. All these reporters are just mouthpieces for their benefactors' agendas. Whoever Flugs source is also has an agenda, and is using Flugs to broadcast it.

2 things that are interesting is that Flugs uses quotations and defines his anonymous source "BTM". Those are things a journalist would do. Most "insiders" meld their own ideas with what they have been told in their writing.

I'm sure he talks to someone or someones. If that is how the transaction was truly described by BTM then it's hard for me to take BTM's insights all that seriously.

BTM was proven completely inaccurate anyway. That the ACCN put expansion back in the news I guess has been good for people forgetting that.

Reaction Score
People with insight into TV negotiations would totally describe it that way.

"I want to believe" tinted glasses, but we don't know where the vagueness comes from, source or flug or 140 characters.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Flug plays a lot of the same games the Dood does too.

1. He plays both sides. Arizona State hockey for example.

2. He's had his emotional meltdown and public declaration there would be no more BTM info. That lasted about two seconds.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Whether one believes Flug or not is a personal matter- but the logic is dead on and from a historical perspective. ESPN has driven CR and UCONN has been a victim of it. ESPN chose the ACC over the Big East - they low balled the TV offer to the Big East and then enticed the ACC to take Big East schools. ESPN underestimated the Big East would survive and low balled the morphed AAC.

The Big 12 is stunningly smart enough to see that it isn't the low ball dollar amount but the Big 12 network that once again, the ACC gets and they don"t. They are the low conference on the totem pole. Thanks to ESPN. The difference now is that FOX has tried to become a player against ESPN. We mocked the new Big East basketball contract and coverage, but they were first on board. Fox wants to drive expansion east and the Big 12 is their last shot.

ESPN keeps using their tools(err writers) to put out their disinformation. Knocking the candidates, expansion only 2. They realize they are now in a position to pay and they don't want to.

My question, does ESPN let UCONN get money and grow in the Big 12 and risk losing them on a basketball side? Do they let UCF get a foothold in Florida? Both are home bases?

Reaction Score
Two things:

I have liked more nelson posts recently than I ever could have imagined.

I know a guy who works for Espn, probably like everyone else around here. Got to talking about streaming and cutting the chord because thats what we did. He said oh im not supposed to like you, but mentioned in the conversation that something might be coming in the espn platform that would stream live sports to those chord cutters for $, but would exclude some major sports. I see that as MNF and etc.. so to lend credence to those that want to believe the Flug.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm sure he talks to someone or someones. If that is how the transaction was truly described by BTM then it's hard for me to take BTM's insights all that seriously.

BTM was proven completely inaccurate anyway. That the ACCN put expansion back in the news I guess has been good for people forgetting that.

If you are looking for the singular oracle on CR, you will be disappointed. Even Boren, ESPN, Fox and UT couldn't predict right now how it will end up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are looking for the singular oracle on CR, you will be disappointed. Even Boren, ESPN, Fox and UT couldn't predict right now how it will end up.
I'm not. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend people who have a terrible record are insightful.

Reaction Score
Whether one believes Flug or not is a personal matter- but the logic is dead on and from a historical perspective. ESPN has driven CR and UCONN has been a victim of it. ESPN chose the ACC over the Big East - they low balled the TV offer to the Big East and then enticed the ACC to take Big East schools. ESPN underestimated the Big East would survive and low balled the morphed AAC.

The Big 12 is stunningly smart enough to see that it isn't the low ball dollar amount but the Big 12 network that once again, the ACC gets and they don"t. They are the low conference on the totem pole. Thanks to ESPN. The difference now is that FOX has tried to become a player against ESPN. We mocked the new Big East basketball contract and coverage, but they were first on board. Fox wants to drive expansion east and the Big 12 is their last shot.

ESPN keeps using their tools(err writers) to put out their disinformation. Knocking the candidates, expansion only 2. They realize they are now in a position to pay and they don't want to.

My question, does ESPN let UCONN get money and grow in the Big 12 and risk losing them on a basketball side? Do they let UCF get a foothold in Florida? Both are home bases?

UConn can't carry the AAC (nor would it want to) after another dismantling. They will kill that goose or lose it if we can figure out a plan B outside of the league. It's about time they paid for a valuable property because BC and CUSE haven't gotten them the NE presence they expected for the ACC. Need to pay us in the B12 or the ACC or it's done. Hopefully B12 (or less likely B1G) makes that decision for them. They may have run into enough egos that can't be intimidated this time around and see the cost of "offending" ESPN is overblown in this situation. Is there any doubt ESPN would exercise all contractual rights agreed to for their own benefit?

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to blame Cuse or BC...but the ACC is the college conference of the YES network...and is on ESPN family.

"
As part of the deal, YES will televise up to 10 ACC football games and up to 23 men's ACC basketball games, as well as select women's basketball and Olympic sports. YES will also offer up to 10 Big East basketball games. Telecast schedules will be announced at a later date. All telecasts will be in HD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom