Non-Key Tweets | Page 643 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Read from bottom to top:

1. 1CDsHcYJ_bigger.jpeg
    Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
  2. BTM: "Eyeing a future away from ESPN is daunting.But a future with ESPN past 2024 keeps B12 the most unstable conference in P5"
  3. 0 retweets 0 likes

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5m5 minutes ago
    BTM: "This is about 2024.So what can Boren & Bowlsby do? Shake Schools,who are interested in joining B12, into showing what they bring in 24

Reaction Score
Bottom to top - you know the drill:

1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 45s45 seconds ago

BTM:"Without the public statement, without the political cover for B12 Presidents, the BYU candidacy is dead in the water"

0 retweets 0 likes

2. 1CDsHcYJ_bigger.jpeg
    Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 55s55 seconds ago
  3. BTM:"The change in Honor Code wording,if BYU decides to go in that direction,has to be public. So we will all know if BYU is stil candidate"
  4. 1 retweet 1 like

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is legit. Some bigwig with great Intel goes to dinner with some dude from Minnesota. Sits there twiddling his thumbs while the dude tweets every detail of the conversation. Totally legit bro

Reaction Score
I WANT to believe Flugar and what he says makes sense but why should we trust anything he says? It does seem pretty clear that the B12 is lowest on the ESPN totem pole so maybe they will listen to FOX. I would love to see some FOX reporter back some of this up instead of everything coming from McMurphy.

Reaction Score
I WANT to believe Flugar and what he says makes sense but why should we trust anything he says? It does seem pretty clear that the B12 is lowest on the ESPN totem pole so maybe they will listen to FOX. I would love to see some FOX reporter back some of this up instead of everything coming from McMurphy.
I will believe someone that is an actual official from a school/league. The dude, flugs, mhv are "entertaining" sidebars that know nothing and just make it up as they go. We just become starry eyed at the ones that say something positive about Uconn

Reaction Score
BTM is a fictional character. The person doesn't exist. Been saying it the entire time. I know people want to believe since it feels good to believe, but BTM doesn't exist.

If the Big 12 wants UConn then UConn will get invited. It is that simple.

Reaction Score
BTM is a fictional character. The person doesn't exist. Been saying it the entire time. I know people want to believe since it feels good to believe, but BTM doesn't exist.

If the Big 12 wants UConn then UConn will get invited. It is that simple.
BTM, car wash dude, dudes sources etc....like reading Lord of the Rings with hacks writing the script

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Just a thought. If ESPN hates the idea of B12 expansion so much, why not release them from the contract and let FOX take the whole thing over? FOX agrees to a four team addition of all Eastern teams and pays the B12 essentially the same as the ESPN deal would have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL at connected people saying Disney just bought some of a streaming company. Oh you mean they bought a third of MBLAM for a billion dollars?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Just a thought. If ESPN hates the idea of B12 expansion so much, why not release them from the contract and let FOX take the whole thing over? FOX agrees to a four team addition of all Eastern teams and pays the B12 essentially the same as the ESPN deal would have.
I don't think the B12 is in a hurry to lose ESPN coverage.

Reaction Score
LOL at connected people saying Disney just bought some of a streaming company. Oh you mean they bought a third of MBLAM for a billion dollars?
Controlling interest with options to take it all.

Reaction Score

I think he has a source, but it isn't a Big Ten guy and they don't really have dinner. I think it is someone with contacts that doesn't want to be exposed. In all likelihood, he is spot on.

ESPN not only invested in the ACC and the B1G but they want to keep the AAC intact and on the cheap. Ultimately, the Big12 is very similar to the AAC when you remove the top two schools. ESPN thinks they can grow the AAC and get UT and OU into one of their other conferences (ACC, B1G). This would be cheaper and have a much better ROI. They can fold the remainder into the AAC creating a great 6th conference.

Fox sees an opportunity to grow the Big12 and have a major conference for the future. At the same time, they know to do that they need major East Coast markets.

We have a big brand and ESPN pretends we don't whenever CR comes around. They publish one article after another bashing our attendance, weather and football for no apparent reason. More shocking, the stories aren't even true. For instance, is it that much colder in Storrs than Iowa? Is our attendance bad? Not compared to every other G5 school in contention, it's better. Is our football bad? Under Pasqualoni yes, but not under Edsall and Diaco beat Houston last year. Our football facilities are better than 75% of P5 schools.

If Fox is behind this, we will be in the B12 or we will move the other sports back to the Big East (FOX). One way or another, it is time to get away from ESPN. If they want to keep us, they can get us into the ACC or B1G or they can give the AAC extra money earmarked for us like Boise gets in the MWC. If we aren't getting upgraded, it is time to do something about it. None of us can take this much beyond September. It is a distraction that hurts the fans. I can't be too pumped up for football season when the hammer could drop any second. We are being used by ESPN and that is the only answer. You think the AAC is a snow show now, imagine it without UConn.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The travel thing is so silly when you consider that we'd be the ones doing most of it. How many times per year would each school send a team to CT? Some years 2 or 3 trips (Hoops and Baseball?). Maybe every 3 years you'd see 5 sports if all the teams traveled here? For the market exposure they'd generate and just the elevation of their BB league and a chance to create events in NYC you's rather add another Texas school that does zero for the league? And Greg Ward graduates after this year so B12 never sees him take a snap.

You must understand that since all they care about is football.... Any other team gets crapped on for travel and convenience. If that is the case might as well add any two dregs from the area so women's volleyball can take the Greyhound bus to games. Means more money for football though....

Reaction Score
To be fair, UC has 1B+ endowment and geography. Of all the teams we have the largest DMA and UConn owns the market. UConn will drive more advertising dollars than any available school including BYU. Outside of political nepotism, UH adds no value over what the b12 has now related to TV dollars.

Well made point. I will try to make a real effort to pin down my contact, who lives very close to me but is having issues. Any serious info, which if critical, I will disseminate to a few BYers via IM including you.

Reaction Score
Why would fox throw away $500M?

Reaction Score
I think he has a source, but it isn't a Big Ten guy and they don't really have dinner. I think it is someone with contacts that doesn't want to be exposed. In all likelihood, he is spot on.

ESPN not only invested in the ACC and the B1G but they want to keep the AAC intact and on the cheap. Ultimately, the Big12 is very similar to the AAC when you remove the top two schools. ESPN thinks they can grow the AAC and get UT and OU into one of their other conferences (ACC, B1G). This would be cheaper and have a much better ROI. They can fold the remainder into the AAC creating a great 6th conference.

Fox sees an opportunity to grow the Big12 and have a major conference for the future. At the same time, they know to do that they need major East Coast markets.

We have a big brand and ESPN pretends we don't whenever CR comes around. They publish one article after another bashing our attendance, weather and football for no apparent reason. More shocking, the stories aren't even true. For instance, is it that much colder in Storrs than Iowa? Is our attendance bad? Not compared to every other G5 school in contention, it's better. Is our football bad? Under Pasqualoni yes, but not under Edsall and Diaco beat Houston last year. Our football facilities are better than 75% of P5 schools.

If Fox is behind this, we will be in the B12 or we will move the other sports back to the Big East (FOX). One way or another, it is time to get away from ESPN. If they want to keep us, they can get us into the ACC or B1G or they can give the AAC extra money earmarked for us like Boise gets in the MWC. If we aren't getting upgraded, it is time to do something about it. None of us can take this much beyond September. It is a distraction that hurts the fans. I can't be too pumped up for football season when the hammer could drop any second. We are being used by ESPN and that is the only answer. You think the AAC is a snow show now, imagine it without UConn.
Wonder if the thought of fox sports putting on a parade through Bristol down to MSG would ruffle ESPN feathers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom