Non-Key Tweets | Page 645 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to blame Cuse or BC...but the ACC is the college conference of the YES network...and is on ESPN family.

"
As part of the deal, YES will televise up to 10 ACC football games and up to 23 men's ACC basketball games, as well as select women's basketball and Olympic sports. YES will also offer up to 10 Big East basketball games. Telecast schedules will be announced at a later date. All telecasts will be in HD.
YES is part of the ESPN Family? I thought that FOX owned it.

Reaction Score
You are correct. Fox owns a controlling stake in Yes.

Yes...Fox owns the YES...and ESPN owns the ESPN family....Both, in NY, feature the ACC.

ESPN and Fox negotiated so that Fox could secure the ACC football and basketball and olympic sports on the YES channel.

Reaction Score
ACC basketball should do pretty good on YES. ACC football, not so much. ACC conference football games just are not that appealing.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes...Fox owns the YES...and ESPN owns the ESPN family....Both, in NY, feature the ACC.

ESPN and Fox negotiated so that Fox could secure the ACC football and basketball and olympic sports on the YES channel.

That's ironic. When YES was first launched in the early 2000's they used to televise one or two UCONN football games each year when we first started playing IA football in 2002. They were televising the games that were not being picked up by ESPN. For those of us who do not live in CT it was great to be able to see games we normally would not have seen. They did a pretty good production job with those games.

Not that anybody seems to care, but we've been on two NYC local sports channels, YES and SNY, yet we don't deliver any part of the NYC market, according to some wankers.

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to blame Cuse or BC...but the ACC is the college conference of the YES network...and is on ESPN family.

"
As part of the deal, YES will televise up to 10 ACC football games and up to 23 men's ACC basketball games, as well as select women's basketball and Olympic sports. YES will also offer up to 10 Big East basketball games. Telecast schedules will be announced at a later date. All telecasts will be in HD.

ESPN also shows rodeo in Boston instead of BC football, so...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder about people who click on the non-key tweet thread, read the content, and then complain about the tweets not being reliable enough.

#whatpartofnon-keydoyounotunderstand

I'm sorry? Someone building a case for crediblity for non-key tweeters makes more sense to you?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ok, that's it. We can't compete with UC in the chili category. Game over.
Texas chili
th

Cinci chili
dsc_00241.jpg

Just too big a culture gap imho.

Reaction Score
Whether one believes Flug or not is a personal matter- but the logic is dead on and from a historical perspective. ESPN has driven CR and UCONN has been a victim of it. ESPN chose the ACC over the Big East - they low balled the TV offer to the Big East and then enticed the ACC to take Big East schools. ESPN underestimated the Big East would survive and low balled the morphed AAC.

The Big 12 is stunningly smart enough to see that it isn't the low ball dollar amount but the Big 12 network that once again, the ACC gets and they don"t. They are the low conference on the totem pole. Thanks to ESPN. The difference now is that FOX has tried to become a player against ESPN. We mocked the new Big East basketball contract and coverage, but they were first on board. Fox wants to drive expansion east and the Big 12 is their last shot.

ESPN keeps using their tools(err writers) to put out their disinformation. Knocking the candidates, expansion only 2. They realize they are now in a position to pay and they don't want to.

My question, does ESPN let UCONN get money and grow in the Big 12 and risk losing them on a basketball side? Do they let UCF get a foothold in Florida? Both are home bases?

Sure ESPN will let UConn play in the Big 12...they can't stop it anyway. And how could they stop it...the ACC can't play divisions at 15 so adding one to the ACC is out of the question. ESPN, can I suppose, whine to the Big 12, support another program, etc..but ultimately they have no say in the vote.

I think that ESPN had zero problems with UConn being added to the ACC, it was internal conference politics that dictated other choices. And, I suspect that it will be internal conference politics that decide Big 12 entrants.

The B1G wanted to go east and UConn had the market and athletics, you would have thought that (AAU being the difference) that the B1G wouldn't have taken Rutgers. I was somewhat surprised that AAU was valued over athletics (internal conference politics).

Reaction Score
Sure ESPN will let UConn play in the Big 12...they can't stop it anyway. And how could they stop it...the ACC can't play divisions at 15 so adding one to the ACC is out of the question. ESPN, can I suppose, whine to the Big 12, support another program, etc..but ultimately they have no say in the vote.

I think that ESPN had zero problems with UConn being added to the ACC, it was internal conference politics that dictated other choices. And, I suspect that it will be internal conference politics that decide Big 12 entrants.

The B1G wanted to go east and UConn had the market and athletics, you would have thought that (AAU being the difference) that the B1G wouldn't have taken Rutgers. I was somewhat surprised that AAU was valued over athletics (internal conference politics).

Rutgers allowed the B1G to strip the entire mid-Atlantic away from the ACC.

New Jersey -- a huge state with one school. Pennsylvania, Maryland, gone. And the ACC has nothing of New England except for a patch of grass somewhere.

This is why Rutgers is key for the B1G.

Reaction Score
I found the thread from the FB board and all it was was one comment in a positive story, and someone started a thread like the writer peed all over UConn FB. A sensitive bunch we can be.

Of course 4 posts in the thread gets sidetracked. :rolleyes:

Hey Ken Davis - go away
Actually the fourth post was mine and was a direct response to the original thread topic. ;)

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd‏@dennisdoddcbs
A case for Houston in the @Big12Conference. Recruiting slipping in the conference.
The Big 12's biggest concern should be its football talent drain

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 1h1 hour ago
Interesting argument, but I think it makes more of a case for Cincinnati/UCF/USF/Memphis for new recruiting regions.

AZ‏@azescobar1
@frankthetank111 @dennisdoddcbs @Big12Conference -
Memphis and UCF now leap frogged UConn?

I wouldn't say that. The column was about recruiting and those are the candidates in top recruiting areas.

Many reasons why UConn would be attractive to Big 12 (academics, TV market, brand), but recruiting isn't one of them

I've long thought that Big 12 is too reliant on state of Texas (whose growth masks poor demographics elsewhere).

Houston's argument for Big 12 is less about recruiting and more about (a) shoring up its TV market and (b) politics.

Reaction Score
Tough times for Dodd when he has to recycle January 2016 articles for clicks.

And then there's this:

Why isn’t your school in P5? Of the 18 @Big12Conference expansion candidates, one (Tulane) is an AAU institution.

Taylor Acton ‏@rtayloracton · 1m1 minute ago
@dennisdoddcbs ...then why are all of the other P5 schools in? (Poor logic. If AAU = P5, then P5 would be a much more exclusive list)

Heath Allred‏@HeathAllred
@dennisdoddcbs @Big12Conference All the P5 conferences have members that aren't an AAU institutuion.

Reaction Score
This schlit is amazing...

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 2 hours ago
Cincinnati graduate - and Ohio State coach - Urban Meyer says Bearcats "should be in the Big 12
Urban Meyer says Cincinnati 'should be in the Big 12'

Dooley@DooleyMcStitch9 mins ago
While we are reporting on irrelevant endorsements from coaches: Jim Calhoun says UConn should be in the Big 12 too.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 9 mins ago
@DooleyMcStitch sorry. Only consider current coaches

Dooley@DooleyMcStitch 4 mins ago
In related news, *current* coaches Kevin Ollie and Bob Diaco think UConn should be in the Big 12.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 2 mins ago
@DooleyMcStitch I guess they’re in then. Congrats

Maybe ESPN EE Jim Calhoun should take ESPN EE McMurphy for a walk to the cafeteria one day..

Reaction Score
A case for Houston in the @Big12Conference. Recruiting slipping in the conference.
The Big 12's biggest concern should be its football talent drain

Interesting argument, but I think it makes more of a case for Cincinnati/UCF/USF/Memphis for new recruiting regions.

AZ‏@azescobar1
@frankthetank111 @dennisdoddcbs @Big12Conference -
Memphis and UCF now leap frogged UConn?

I wouldn't say that. The column was about recruiting and those are the candidates in top recruiting areas.

Many reasons why UConn would be attractive to Big 12 (academics, TV market, brand), but recruiting isn't one of them

I've long thought that Big 12 is too reliant on state of Texas (whose growth masks poor demographics elsewhere).

Houston's argument for Big 12 is less about recruiting and more about (a) shoring up its TV market and (b) politics.

Please send Frank UConn in the NFL information.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This schlit is amazing...

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 2 hours ago
Cincinnati graduate - and Ohio State coach - Urban Meyer says Bearcats "should be in the Big
Urban Meyer says Cincinnati 'should be in the Big 12'

Dooley@DooleyMcStitch9 mins ago
While we are reporting on irrelevant endorsements from coaches: Jim Calhoun says UConn should be in the Big 12 too.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 9 mins ago
@DooleyMcStitch sorry. Only consider current coaches

Dooley@DooleyMcStitch 4 mins ago
In related news, *current* coaches Kevin Ollie and Bob Diaco think UConn should be in the Big 12.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 2 mins ago
@DooleyMcStitch I guess they’re in then. Congrats

He really has a burr up his #$@%@#%@!%@#$% .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom