Non-Key Tweets | Page 610 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought Boise was mostly players that couldn't get into Pac-12 schools?

Reaction Score
BYU being a religious school, and Boise St being a commuter school, would likely result in a big fat NO from the PAC-12. I would imagine PAC-12 would look at Nevada/UNLV or New Mexico University before those 2.

I personally think PAC-12 should invite BYU. It will complete their 2 schools in a state set up for most states other than CA.

Agreed until your second to last sentence. BYU does not belong in the Pac 12. They aren't just a religious school, they're the school for an entire religion. I don't see the Pac being ok with that.

Reaction Score
Here is a copy of the post:
"MSMoose said... (original post)

I promised to show my confirmation of UC to the Big 12.

My source is a prominent figure within a Major television partner to the AAC and Big 12. He is as reliable as they come. I have picture he sent me, and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Sorry, I can't provide his name, or else I will be unemployed. He has not and does not seem compelled to tell who #12 is.

Texas never plays nice, however this time they tried. in the end Texas politics always bring out the real Texas. Fellow Big 12 members not happy! That said, Texas can save face, and I expect them to do so. Boren not happy!

Rather obvious from my conversations with Big 12 folks today, is that the conference feels its future is with its current Tier 1 television partner Fox Sports. FOX has always been an easy partner to negotiate with, has the Big 12 best interest in mind, and beyond being the Big 12 Tier 1 television partner, they own most of the Big 12 3rd tier rights. Similar to issues with the PAC 12, ESPN does not play nice when it does not have the upper hand.

Finally, from what I have learned Big 12 expansion is Eastern with 12 members, and even 14 members (Houston would also be considered Eastern). While most non-Texas Big 12 members do not support Houston as a candidate, they do have some concerns of having a vacancy in the "Houston area", if Texas leaves after the current television contract expires. That said Houston is not 11 or 12 I was told.

Cincinnati is #11. Other sources are confirming to me that Memphis is #12. 13 and 14 remain TBD.

Who will the AAC backfill with? Some interesting ideas there."

He had me until Memphis at 12. :rolleyes:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
F*^*ING MEMPHIS?!

I literally cannot imagine 10 university presidents and network executives coming together in a room and saying, well they are a community college, littered with past infractions, their once solid hoops program just lost their coach and after the only two decent football seasons they've had in ages their coach and QB left. But hey they are the number 3 team in Tennessee, you have to do it.

Reaction Score
If Memphis somehow get in over us, it might just be even worse than the kick after UL was choosing over us. Memphis and UL are like local high schools pretending to be colleges. It is nuts conferences somehow value those 2 over a state flagship university in a densely populated area like the Northeast.

Reaction Score
If there is any truth to the rumors that UConn may go to the XII, any chance that the ACC (who really can't afford the B1G and the XII in the NYC metro area where their NYC flagship schools are 250 miles [Syracuse] and 700 miles [ND] away respectively of the B1G decide the counter-offer?

Reaction Score
00373c3.jpg

Trolls man.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Also, another thing I'd like to point out in that insiders spiel.

We must take Houston because if Texas ever leaves there will be no Big 12 presence in that area.

Where as UConn, well the ACC and B1G won't take us because they assume we'll always be there.

If Texas leaves, then add Houston! You're absolutely delusional if you think any conference is going to get Houston. They were in CUSA a few years ago for christ sake.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not sure how Houston or Memphis are considered Eastern.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure how Houston or Memphis are considered Eastern.

Exactly! The only other time anything Texas is ever even mentioned as East is the Cowboys playing in the NFC East.

Reaction Score
Seriously hoping this is Memphis regarding B12 expansion. UCONN is the girl in white with Memphis the one in blue :)

H7TlO9F.gif

I laughed so hard I got dizzy oh my God. OK now I feel bad man she took a digger

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I literally cannot imagine 10 university presidents and network executives coming together in a room and saying, well they are a community college, littered with past infractions, their once solid hoops program just lost their coach and after the only two decent football seasons they've had in ages their coach and QB left. But hey they are the number 3 team in Tennessee, you have to do it.
I said it earlier (don't know if it was in this thread or another. I know I said it. Too lazy, at 10:00, to search for it), but I really can't see how a bonafide television network affords Memphis at seat at the big boy table. Aside from what you mention, unless their FedEx sugar daddy - who, incidentally, I don't think exists other than to get his name on the library - plans on donating $250 mil/year, I can't see either FOX or ESPN being agreeable. They want a regular harvest of greenbacks, not a bumper crop.

Reaction Score
I understand the nostalgia for some people, especially those who limit themselves to the MBB board. But, how many memorable games against Xavier, DePaul, Providence, Marquette, Butler, Seton Hall, Creighton, St. Johns, do you really remember? Villanova and Georgetown are the only real rivals still in that league and we don't need to be in it to play them. It's also not like the BE is a northeast bus league anymore either. Do you guys know where Creighton, Depaul, and Marquette are located?
Yeah I know EXACTLY where those leech schools are located. As for your comment memorable games..I remember games against St Johns, PC many times...and Marquette a few times, Fact of the matter is as a fan I want absolutely NOTHING to do with those schools any more except maybe a OOC game in hoops, and dealing with PC in HE!

Reaction Score

Show some respect for the MTSU Blue Raiders... after all they do lead the all-time series vs football powerhouse Memphis (17-9)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We're in. If the Big 12 came to us first (as according to Blauds), we are in a position of strength and leverage. They want us because of TV. This is probably a negotiation of how much they can milk us for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom