Non-Key Tweets | Page 609 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we ever got back together with those leech schools even in this manor I would seriously have to think about my contributions to the UConn athletic development fund. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with ANY of those schools outside of having to deal with PC as a HE member!

I understand the nostalgia for some people, especially those who limit themselves to the MBB board. But, how many memorable games against Xavier, DePaul, Providence, Marquette, Butler, Seton Hall, Creighton, St. Johns, do you really remember? Villanova and Georgetown are the only real rivals still in that league and we don't need to be in it to play them. It's also not like the BE is a northeast bus league anymore either. Do you guys know where Creighton, Depaul, and Marquette are located?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
Fox prefers B12 to add BYU, UC, Uconn, and UCF.

ME: Hmmm...the Civil Conflict might live on...;)

This is consistent with chatter long ago about fox wanting FL. Huge state, lots of cable boxes. And UCONN/BYU/CINCY/UCF is my bet for the final mix. No GOR extension with redundant Houston!

So will UT sign on to extend the GOR?

Aidos ESPN!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Of course MH would tweet that re: Cincy notifying the AAC. He got that from Aresco who's already come out saying that "it looks like some of them (the member schools) will" leave the AAC.

Reaction Score
I understand the nostalgia for some people, especially those who limit themselves to the MBB board. But, how many memorable games against Xavier, DePaul, Providence, Marquette, Butler, Seton Hall, Creighton, St. Johns, do you really remember? Villanova and Georgetown are the only real rivals still in that league and we don't need to be in it to play them. It's also not like the BE is a northeast bus league anymore either. Do you guys know where Creighton, Depaul, and Marquette are located?
Against St John's? A,bunch. Ron Artest, Malik Sealy, Robert Werdan, Tarik Cook.

Reaction Score
First of all you completely misrepresented everything I posted.

I never said anything about some handshake deal that would come into play next decade.

I'm simply stating that if they have the ability to add any 4 schools pro-rata and they do that it will severely damage their relationship with the two networks - who are the only buyers in the marketplace.

If you don't think it would negatively impact the Big 12's future negotiations - I don't what to tell you other than that viewpoint is wrong.

The idea that the future negotiations wouldn't be impacted by $800 million dollars worth of payments that the networks don't want to make is ridiculous.

Relationships like this work when there are partnerships. Fox and the Big Ten for example. The Masters and CBS. The Olympics and NBC.

The Big 12 may decide they don't care - but there is not a single person on either side who doesn't understand it will impact their future.

We are having this conversation because of human reaction. The Big 12 wasn't expanding last month - then they got their feelings hurt by the ACC network annoucement and now they are discussing expanding again.

So how exactly won't the human reaction on the other side not color their decisions. Are they going to want to be partners again on anything but their own terms?

It could also be that the big 12 considered the partnership to be blown up when ESPN pulled the wool over their eyes regarding a network. It's a bit hypocritical to accuse the conference of acting emotionally when they perceive themselves as being screwed by their partner better than saying it's all business if the network does the same in 2024.

More likely that they simply don't care because nobody knows what the media landscape look like in eight years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It could also be that the big 12 considered the partnership to be blown up when ESPN pulled the wool over their eyes regarding a network. It's a bit hypocritical to accuse the conference of acting emotionally when they perceive themselves as being screwed by their partner better than saying it's all business if the network does the same in 2024.

More likely that they simply don't care because nobody knows what the media landscape look like in eight years.

I'm sure they do. The issue is that the Big 12 is one of many sellers and there are only two legitimate buyers.

If they go forward they better hope they have some new outs when the time comes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

They are trying to save their conference...to save their seat at the table. It can't be saved under the current footprint. Right or wrong, the strategy must be to wait no longer, take the best chips left no matter the geography and cultural issues and spend the next 7 years building the new expanded - national - B12 brand. Expand or die.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's "insider" on 247 confirming Cincinnati is invited. I can't tell if he thinks the Big 12 is going to 12 or 14 from his post though. He implies that all the additions will be eastern. Not sure what that means for BYU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's "insider" on 247 confirming Cincinnati is invited. I can't tell if he thinks the Big 12 is going to 12 or 14 from his post though. He implies that all the additions will be eastern. Not sure what that means for BYU.

Their best move would be Cinci and UConn - so if this guy is legit and it's true they would be halfway there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So is this Fox green lighting the PAC 12 to take Houston and School X? Houston on an island is tough for Houston. But good for Fox.

BYU and Boise? The Pac 12 becomes one heck of a football league if that happens.

Reaction Score
Got a link, I want to check it out?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is less than no chance that happens.

You should pick a fight with Whaler. Based on last night, he is a little saltier than I am. Realignment is clearly getting to him.

Reaction Score
Got a link, I want to check it out?

Here is a copy of the post:
"MSMoose said... (original post)

I promised to show my confirmation of UC to the Big 12.

My source is a prominent figure within a Major television partner to the AAC and Big 12. He is as reliable as they come. I have picture he sent me, and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Sorry, I can't provide his name, or else I will be unemployed. He has not and does not seem compelled to tell who #12 is.

Texas never plays nice, however this time they tried. in the end Texas politics always bring out the real Texas. Fellow Big 12 members not happy! That said, Texas can save face, and I expect them to do so. Boren not happy!

Rather obvious from my conversations with Big 12 folks today, is that the conference feels its future is with its current Tier 1 television partner Fox Sports. FOX has always been an easy partner to negotiate with, has the Big 12 best interest in mind, and beyond being the Big 12 Tier 1 television partner, they own most of the Big 12 3rd tier rights. Similar to issues with the PAC 12, ESPN does not play nice when it does not have the upper hand.

Finally, from what I have learned Big 12 expansion is Eastern with 12 members, and even 14 members (Houston would also be considered Eastern). While most non-Texas Big 12 members do not support Houston as a candidate, they do have some concerns of having a vacancy in the "Houston area", if Texas leaves after the current television contract expires. That said Houston is not 11 or 12 I was told.

Cincinnati is #11. Other sources are confirming to me that Memphis is #12. 13 and 14 remain TBD.

Who will the AAC backfill with? Some interesting ideas there."

Reaction Score
BYU and Boise? The Pac 12 becomes one heck of a football league if that happens.

BYU being a religious school, and Boise St being a commuter school, would likely result in a big fat NO from the PAC-12. I would imagine PAC-12 would look at Nevada/UNLV or New Mexico University before those 2.

I personally think PAC-12 should invite BYU. It will complete their 2 schools in a state set up for most states other than CA. I doubt it will happen. I think the PAC-12 will try for Texas, Texas Tech, OU, and Okit Lite again when the B12 GOR is up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom