Non-Key Tweets | Page 574 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What is your point? We have a whole thread about this.
I would hope UH fans are embarrassed that they might Baylor their way in to the B12, but I guess not.

Reaction Score
Why does USF football get a pass in this? We both came up around the same time and have had very similar arcs:

USF
2001 indy 8-3
2002 indy 9-2
2003 CUSA 4-7
2004 CUSA 7-4
2005 Big East 6-6
2006 Big East 9-4
2007 Big East 9-4
2008 Big East 8-5
2009 Big East 8-5
2010 Big East 8-5
2011 Big East 5-7
2012 Big East 3-9
2013 AAC 2-10
2014 AAC 4-8
2015 AAC 8-5

UConn
2001 indy 2-9
2002 indy 6-6
2003 indy 9-3
2004 Big East 8-4
2005 Big East 5-6
2006 Big East 4-8
2007 Big East 9-4
2008 Big East 8-5
2009 Big East 8-5
2010 Big East 8-5
2011 Big East 5-7
2012 Big East 5-7
2013 AAC 3-9
2014 AAC 2-10
2015 AAC 6-7
Hell I'll toss in Memphis,

2015 9-4
2014 10-3
2013 3-9
2012 4-8
2011 2-10
2010 1-11
2009 2-10
2008 6-7
2007 7-6
2006 2-10
2005 7-5
2004 8-4
2003 9-3
2002 3-9
2001 5-6

BUT no UCONN is the only school to ever have a few down years.

Reaction Score
How about this, no more Dude tweets. He's not an insider. He doesn't even have his full wits about him. And it's making me uncomfortable to see people making fun of his picture. The guy knows nothing. He's playing pretend. Let's let it go.

And there no way he can see with those glasses.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
How about this, no more Dude tweets. He's not an insider. He doesn't even have his full wits about him. And it's making me uncomfortable to see people making fun of his picture. The guy knows nothing. He's playing pretend. Let's let it go.

You read my mind. His entertainment value has worn off. Give his tweets their own Lunatic Ravings thread to make it easier to skip over his nonsense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In addition to football record, football attendance is another category that it appears only UConn has struggled with in recent seasons. Cincinnati (Yes! That same Cincinnati that has been written in "ink" from the get-go) averaged 28K in 2014 season. They go to bowl games every year. UCF played in front of friends and family last year (winless seasons will that), Memphis uses curtains at home games and really only has sold tickets in the last 1-2 years (thanks to a NFL QB), and Houston has had their struggles selling tickets to the point that their football coach has pleaded with fans to buy tickets and they have to run a "HTownTakeover" campaign...in their own home market.

Yes, UConn football attendance has been down in recent years. We all know the reasons why. But it's not like all of our G5 competition draws well (exception: BYU). They are all in the same attendance sphere as UConn and they have all enjoyed recent winning seasons. Maybe UConn is held to a higher standard because we've already played BCS era football? Or maybe there is a bit of a double-standard used in national media when it comes to justifying their anti-UConn sentiment.

Reaction Score
In addition to football record, football attendance is another category that it appears only UConn has struggled with in recent seasons. Cincinnati (Yes! That same Cincinnati that has been written in "ink" from the get-go) averaged 28K in 2014 season. They go to bowl games every year. UCF played in front of friends and family last year (winless seasons will that), Memphis uses curtains at home games and really only has sold tickets in the last 1-2 years (thanks to a NFL QB), and Houston has had their struggles selling tickets to the point that their football coach has pleaded with fans to buy tickets and they have to run a "HTownTakeover" campaign...in their own home market.

Yes, UConn football attendance has been down in recent years. We all know the reasons why. But it's not like all of our G5 competition draws well (exception: BYU). They are all in the same attendance sphere as UConn and they have all enjoyed recent winning seasons. Maybe UConn is held to a higher standard because we've already played BCS era football? Or maybe there is a bit of a double-standard used in national media when it comes to justifying their anti-UConn sentiment.
I feel our bball dominance makes football shortcomings more glaring.

Reaction Score
7 things I know – for sure – about Big 12 expansion

Not sure if this has been posted but at least I didn't make a new thread.

I was listening to Sirius this morning(not sure of it was a re-run)) with Braden Gall.
He thinks it should be Memphis,BYU, Cinci and Houston. He was actually good about Uconn and said he hopes we get into the ACC where we belong.

He had on Chad Scott from Gridiron now who was actually very good. He said people have it all wrong and that the biggest criteria is academics. Reiterated that the Presidents make these decision( I know I know Louisville). He recognized BYU and UConns academics as being much better than the others with Cinci being good also.

When asked who he thought would be invited he said Uconn ,Cinci(seemed like he was most sure about them) Houston and said BYU has a big problem with the other Presidents. The Mormon faith is a big issue and was not convinced they will get voted in. Said they would have been in the PAC 40 years already if not for their religion(Something to that affect).

Not sure he offered another school aside from BYU. He was pretty dismissive of Memphis, Boise and the Florida schools because of academic standards and history.

The article pasted is just something I found this morning and not the Sirius conversation.

Anyone that thinks BYU's academics impress people from the B12 has his head up his butt bigtime. Cincy is 10x the school that BYU is.

Reaction Score

Facts seem not to mean anything for other teams.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I feel our bball dominance makes football shortcomings more glaring.

You're probably a a little bit right about this. The other "basketball schools" (Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Arizona, Indiana, Syracuse, etc) are already grandfathered in the P5 - so nobody cares about their records or attendance struggles.

Reaction Score

You read my mind. His entertainment value has worn off. Give his tweets their own Lunatic Ravings thread to make it easier to skip over his nonsense.

Hence his placement in "Non-Key Tweets"...

That's why they make the arrow down key... just skip them - but for most, its like you people on the highway when there is a tangled mess of cars, you slow down and look even though you may see something you may not want to see ;)

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Hence his placement in "Non-Key Tweets"...

That's why they make the arrow down key... just skip them - but for most its like you people on the highway when there is a tangled mess of cars, you slow down and look even though you may see something you may not want to see ;)

Problem is Dude's tweets get lumped into the same post with Flug's many times. Otherwise, in full agreement with you.

Reaction Score
Must have had dinner w/ Blaud last night...

Tony Terzi@T2Fox61 1 hour ago · Connecticut
.@UConn Pres. Susan Herbst says UC's "first-rate academic standing, international reach and outstanding faculty" should = #Power5 interest.

If @theACC despises @Uconn so much that they won't invite the #Huskies, wouldn't school's academic, research standing align best w/@bigten?

husky yawning.gif

Reaction Score

.@UConn Pres. Susan Herbst says UC's "first-rate academic standing, international reach and outstanding faculty" should = #Power5 interest.

If @theACC despises @Uconn so much that they won't invite the #Huskies, wouldn't school's academic, research standing align best w/@bigten?

View attachment 14590
What a mess he is. I never listen to the guy.

Reaction Score

View attachment 14590
Between Gresh, Joe D, Terzi, Joe Zone, Kevin Nathan, CT sure does have a fine collection of uninformed and ignorant journalists!

Reaction Score
Between Gresh, Joe D, Terzi, Joe Zone, Kevin Nathan, CT sure does have a fine collection of uninformed and ignorant journalists!

It's really pathetic. I wish I could be that bad at my job and still be employed.

Reaction Score

View attachment 14590

Why is UConn's president Susan Herbst talking up the University of Cincinnati (UC) academics. Shouldn't she be talking up UConn???

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there anyway to do Football and basketball (men's and women's)?

Hopefully UConn doesn't lose out because of an unwillingness to be creative and try and require useless sports like soccer, baseball, every other women's sport must be included

It would be odd to force soccer on the Big 12 since they don't have a league. Should win every year tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom